NEurope
Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

Ooooooh! I'll have to take part in that one! That skin looks pretty great! (Assuming it's the one in that background)

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Ooooooh! I'll have to take part in that one! That skin looks pretty great! (Assuming it's the one in that background)

I found this:

D6K4oVPWwAcGJ_Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Don't know if it's a mock-up or the actual skin.

Nintendo of Europe hasn't confirmed this competition yet so I'm a bit confused as to whether it applies to us as well. But they have put up a new trailer about Big Blocks DLC:

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice. I’ve been hoping for a single player mode to this game. 

I kind of want it but can't justify buying it at that price. I already have Puyo Puyo Tetris which is the exact same Tetris but I like how quick Tetris 99 is to boot. I would have bought it at half the price they are asking. 

I'm not one of these people who want everthing for free or calls games expensive, but £10 does seem a bit pricey. £5 or something would have been better like you say @MindFreak

content-4-35768-tetris99anniversarybanner.jpg

Summary article covering the upcoming event, the addition of the dlc and a not-so subtle plug for our Top Ten Game Boy Games in there as well... ;)

...well, it has got Tetris in it. :D

• Like 1

Just a reminder that the Game Boy Grand Prix is on now.

Get 100 points and keep the skin. You've until 8pm on the 20th of May.

Spoiler

It has the music! Yes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Just a reminder that the Game Boy Grand Prix is on now.

Thanks, I completely forgot about this and I even posted about it on the main page. :D

Will definitely be giving this a go when I get a chance.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:
Spoiler

It has the music! Yes!

Spoiler

And the ridiculously silly Tetris and game over sound effects! Love it! :laughing:

I think using this classic theme might actually improve my game. :heh:

I bought the Big Block DLC yesterday, mainly for the missus as she loves this game. When I paid for it though, it said it also included “DLC 2” coming in 2019. Don’t remember reading anything about that so wonder what that could be. 

£10 for what they were offering seemed steep so makes sense to offer a second bit of DLC later in the year too.

Annnnd... 103 point reached, got the Game Boy Tetris theme, so that'll do for me.

Not bad for just over an hour of Tetris playing, I got into the top 20 a few times.

Anyway this new skin will make the game all the more playable for me so I'll no doubt be back and I'll probably drop the £9.99 on it soon.

Although... I just had a thought, what if... in a similar way to winning £9.99 eShop credit in a future event, they gave unlock keys for the dlc for a certain amount of players? Or just keep it to the £9.99 prize I suppose as some might have already bought it, yeah... just a fleeting thought, nevermind. :p

Anyway, I like what they've done with Tetris and adding additional dlc later included in the £9.99 is a good move.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

Tetris 99 is getting a physical release:

Edited by Helmsly

So you'll be paying for a game that's free and in order to play it, you still have to pay for NSO? Why, oh why, would anyone do that? 

Oh, the online membership is included. Hopefully it will be the same price then. 

Is it a cartridge or a code? 

Edited by MindFreak

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

So you'll be paying for a game that's free and in order to play it, you still have to pay for NSO? Why, oh why, would anyone do that? 

Oh, the online membership is included. Hopefully it will be the same price then. 

Is it a cartridge or a code? 

Yeah it’s a little odd. All I can think of is that, being that this physical release includes the offline mode DLC , it’ll worth it for people that just want to play local multiplayer etc but have no interest in the online modes. The only other reason I can think of would be if nintendo are planing to remove it from switch online service at some point? ( I doubt that though).

In other news: Splatoon crossover event!

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Oh my gosh, Tetris 99 is going to slowly turn into "Modern Day Tetris DS" with these themes, isn't it?

I'm totally OK with that!

Tetris DS was awsome. The best Tetris-game I've ever played, I think.

I think I hold a shared record on these boards. Got to 9999999999 or whatever was max in Marathon mode. :D 

Splatoon theme get. Never actually got to top ten this time, but that's cool.

I'll still probably use the Game Boy theme the most.

• Thanks 1

The Splatoon theme, as in the music, is so catchy. 

The theme is nice too. 

I’m pretty heartbroken to have missed out on the GB Tetris theme  though :cry:

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The Splatoon theme, as in the music, is so catchy. 

The theme is nice too. 

I’m pretty heartbroken to have missed out on the GB Tetris theme  though :cry:

I'd be amazed if there wasn't a future opportunity to get it.

• Thanks 1

Splatoon theme get! :D

That was fun for an hour.

Will be back again when the next theme hits or when the physical version comes out.