NEurope
Julius

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

I like Tetris but I'm no where near good enough to play against 99 other players. :o

Had one game, had no idea what was going on with being targeted or trying to Target other players, lost concentration on my actual game and lost, came 46th....tomorrow when not tired will give it a proper go

This is bloody awesome! :bouncy:

Started playing it last night and really struggled to stop. "one more game... one more game... one more game..." :grin: 
Killer app for Nintendo's crappy online subscription right here, for some people at least. :heh:

And man, the hype when you get in the final 50!

Love it. :yay:

13 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Played a feŵ games best I’m getting is just in the top 40. 

How the hell do you mistype that? :p

10 minutes ago, RedShell said:

And man, the hype when you get in the final 50!

I'm a type B man myself.

Nah like i said in the Direct thread, this is not for me, so I'm not even downloading it.. Can't wait for Nintendo to add something exclusive to the Switch online subscription that appeals to me:indeed:

• Haha 1

Just had a couple of games, brilliant idea and loads of fun. Got to 5th place somehow, crazy speed when you get to that point.

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Can't wait for Nintendo to add something exclusive to the Switch online subscription that appeals to me:indeed:

It'll probably happen. :) This is obviously part of their plan to try and make the service more appealing, so I'm pretty confident there will be more of these smaller (online focused) titles in the future. Hope so anyway.

Oh I didn't even realise this was Switch Online exclusive, interesting. I was wondering what the catch was, given it's free to play and has no microtransactions.

56 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Reminds me of the Tetris dance song that came out in the 90's by Doctor Spin. Good stuff! :D 

• Haha 1

I'm starting to think being around puzzle gods @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid has warped my perception on how good I might actually be at Tetris. Because I thought I was kinda rubbish.

Just so you know, my mum plays Tetris better than me. So that definitely doesn't help.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3
  • Weird 1

45 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm starting to think being around puzzle gods @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid has warped my perception on how good I might actually be at Tetris. Because I thought I was kinda rubbish.

Just so you know, my mum plays Tetris better than me. So that definitely doesn't help.

Same here, got to 5th place on my second attempt. Since then been anywhere between 10 and 80 though :cry:

Special online timed events will be held in TETRIS 99. If you come out on top of a match during one of these online events, you’ll be in with a chance of winning a prize.

Ooh! :hehe: 

The game is legit fun. I fired it up earlier this evening and had a few games and was surprised just how well it works. What I do appreciate is just how fast it is to get into a game. No messing about with a host of options or menus, it's very straight forward.

I haven't played Tetris in years but it's such a simple pick up and play game that you soon fall back into it. I can see me putting a fair bit of time into this.

• Like 1

ARGH! 2nd Place! How can doing so well feel so bad!?

Granted, the person who beat me wasn't even close to the top, but still!

Edited by Glen-i

Just made it into the final 10. Holy crap! It moves way too fast for my old eyeballs. :laughing: 

Managed 6th place, pretty happy with that. Don’t think I’ll ever be winning the “100 platinum coins” prize though. :heh: 

Been looking through my stats, what the hell is a T-Spin Mini? I’ve done 1 apparently, whatever it is. :heh: 

I've had to knock the game off. It's very addictive. I just kept going into match after match. You see, this is why I'm not big on online games anymore. They suck away all of my time when I've got plenty of other games needing to be played! :mad:

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Been looking through my stats, what the hell is a T-Spin Mini? I’ve done 1 apparently, whatever it is. :heh: 

It's a T-Spin that doesn't clear any lines.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

It's a T-Spin that doesn't clear any lines.

Oh. That was good then. :laughing: 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had to knock the game off. It's very addictive. I just kept going into match after match. You see, this is why I'm not big on online games anymore. They suck away all of my time when I've got plenty of other games needing to be played! :mad:

Yeah, totally get what you mean. I’d blatantly have been continuing my playthrough of Nioh tonight, or Cave Story, Pool Panic etc... Instead I’m just glued to this! :o 

I mean the novelty will obviously wear off, but right now... “one more game” :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I mean the novelty will obviously wear off, but right now... “one more game” :D 

Probably a good thing that you can't join up with friends and begin a match together then...

Played once, came 2nd! 

But I’ve no idea what the hell the battle stuff is? It confusing as there is no practice or explanation anywhere?

• Like 1

Ok anyone got tips or found a good tutorial video or something.... Is it possible to like stop people from ganging up on you and throwing like 10 lines worth of crap onto my screen out of no where???

9 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ok anyone got tips or found a good tutorial video or something.... Is it possible to like stop people from ganging up on you and throwing like 10 lines worth of crap onto my screen out of no where???

If that happens, use the Attackers Targeting option, you throw more garbage when people are ganging up on you.

Getting K.O's also gives you bonuses to your garbage.