Julius

Super Mario Maker 2 -- June 2019

I'm up for online shenanigans.

ALSO,

This is very close to watch people test your level before uploading them, if I'm reading things correctly.. I'd love to give this a try sometime, and I'd love some volunteers to preview my torture levels.

content-4-36004-supermariomaker2ver110banner.jpg

Super Mario Maker 2 version 1.1.0 is live

Full patch notes now up on the main page. :D

Yeah, I'd be up for some laggy Mario Maker this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now you guys have no excuse to not experience the torture that is Ice Climbers: Super Mario Maker Edition in "co-op" ;) 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Now you guys have no excuse to not experience the torture that is Ice Climbers: Super Mario Maker Edition in "co-op" ;) 

I can vouch for this.

It's beautiful in its friend destroying capabilities.

Would love to give it a try in the intended way! :laughing: I already hated the original!

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Anyone up for this tonight?

I normally can't play during the week or Sunday.

Friday or Saturday would be good for me though.

Might be able to play for a bit, what time we talking?

This was the next game on my hit list to start and finish, which I done today.

Spoiler

EGcfrqBVUAA8Wj8.jpg

EGcfrpjVAAAxWPt.jpg

EGcfrpqVAAEcF2y.jpg

EGcfrp5U8AAW6jP.jpg

EGcf5B_UEAAyND3.jpg

EGcf5C2UEAAVbaP.jpg

EGcf5CCUcAAYqSU.jpg

EGcf5CPUwAMDKsY.jpg

EGcgFjmUcAYCZ6h.jpg

EGcgFj9VUAACfId.jpg

EGcgFj1U8AAq9nE.jpg

EGcgFkKU4AAP_rG.jpg

EGcgQL9UEAArx-E.jpg

EGcgQMVUwAAUJjm.jpg

EGcgQMIU8AAiczq.jpg

EGcgQL3UcAA1ulM.jpg

I was never a fan of the players created levels in the original game and I have zero interest in creating my own. That being the case, I bought the game purely to play the 100 levels that Nintendo had created for the game and I honestly wish I hadn't. What I was expecting/hoping for was some crazy creations as seen in the Nintendo World Championships. What I got was a bunch of boring stages that rarely challenged me. The ones that did offer a small challenge were the stages where you had to get through the stage without jumping. Not exactly what i'm looking for in a platforming game.

Coming from playing Yooka Laylee to this was a night and day difference. Granted, the main draw of Mario Maker is the creation aspect of it but I would have expected Nintendo to have put a little more effort into the single player experience.

I'm sad that 2D Mario games have been relegated to this and I fear with the popularity of this series that Nintendo made 2D Mario games will be put on the back burner in favour of this. :( 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This was the next game on my hit list to start and finish, which I done today.

Various pics (Hide contents)

EGcfrqBVUAA8Wj8.jpg

EGcfrpjVAAAxWPt.jpg

EGcfrpqVAAEcF2y.jpg

EGcfrp5U8AAW6jP.jpg

EGcf5B_UEAAyND3.jpg

EGcf5C2UEAAVbaP.jpg

EGcf5CCUcAAYqSU.jpg

EGcf5CPUwAMDKsY.jpg

EGcgFjmUcAYCZ6h.jpg

EGcgFj9VUAACfId.jpg

EGcgFj1U8AAq9nE.jpg

EGcgFkKU4AAP_rG.jpg

EGcgQL9UEAArx-E.jpg

EGcgQMVUwAAUJjm.jpg

EGcgQMIU8AAiczq.jpg

EGcgQL3UcAA1ulM.jpg

I was never a fan of the players created levels in the original game and I have zero interest in creating my own. That being the case, I bought the game purely to play the 100 levels that Nintendo had created for the game and I honestly wish I hadn't. What I was expecting/hoping for was some crazy creations as seen in the Nintendo World Championships. What I got was a bunch of boring stages that rarely challenged me. The ones that did offer a small challenge were the stages where you had to get through the stage without jumping. Not exactly what i'm looking for in a platforming game.

Coming from playing Yooka Laylee to this was a night and day difference. Granted, the main draw of Mario Maker is the creation aspect of it but I would have expected Nintendo to have put a little more effort into the single player experience.

I'm sad that 2D Mario games have been relegated to this and I fear with the popularity of this series that Nintendo made 2D Mario games will be put on the back burner in favour of this. :( 

I had fun creating a few levels in the original Mario Maker and this sequel but I've always said that I would much prefer a proper new 2D Super Mario game expertly crafted by Nintendo.

As you say, @Hero of Time, the 'story' mode in Super Mario Maker 2 certainly isn't that :hmm:

Throughout, I felt like the levels were mostly just fine with a small sprinkling of neat ideas.. and a smattering of things that just weren't fun, however inventive they may be.

I had the same issue with the 3DS version to an even greater degree!

I have to say, though, that my time with Super Mario Maker 2 has been much shorter than I ever anticipated.

After I spent a considerable amount of time building and constantly tweaking my second level, I felt burnt out. I put loads of effort into that stage only for me not to even feel particularly happy with it in the end and I just haven't felt a desire to return since.

I'm sure I will one day but I feel desperate for the spark of excitement a new 2D or 3D Mario will eventually bring!

• Like 1