NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Super Mario Maker 2 -- June 2019

Paging @markderoos, kind of.

Tiny little details that no one would expect but they put them in anyway :bowdown:

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 3

Myeah, having fun with the bullet mask. New level done tonight probably.

• Like 1

Geeky Switch question I hope someone here can answer. I traded in my copy of Super Mario Maker 2 in January when I was skint. HOWEVER, the major new update has got me wanting to jump back in again. Big time. Does anyone know if my Switch/Micro SD card would somehow have kept all my save data even if a different copy of the game is being used (or even a digital copy)? I'm guessing the answer is probably no, but it's worth asking.

23 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Geeky Switch question I hope someone here can answer. I traded in my copy of Super Mario Maker 2 in January when I was skint. HOWEVER, the major new update has got me wanting to jump back in again. Big time. Does anyone know if my Switch/Micro SD card would somehow have kept all my save data even if a different copy of the game is being used (or even a digital copy)? I'm guessing the answer is probably no, but it's worth asking.

I think all of your save data is handled by the sd card or the Switch itself, so all you should need to do is just rebuy the game. :)

Not sure with mixing save data from a retail copy with a digitial copy but... it would probably work? ::shrug:

My only experience of that is the other way around, I bought Sonic Mania digitally (only option at the time) then they released is as Sonic Mania Plus so I bought that and that seemed to keep the save data from the digital version, though it's even more of an oddity because the 'updated data' is on the game card.

But yeah, Super Mario Maker 2 should be a much more straightforward setup for save files. :smile:

• Thanks 1

Thanks...That's really good to know. I also very reluctantly traded in Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition. If I could pick that up again at some point to play the final 50 hours or so, from where I left off, that would be nice.

Edited by Tim B
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tim B said:

Save data is stored on the Switch console itself and it doesn't matter if its a digital or physical copy, the save data is compatable with either version (Wii U was the same).  So long as you haven't deleted your save data, it'll still be there if you rebuy the game :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

That UK streamer is streaming now (I didn't know in advance):

For those who'd like to watch and have their levels played.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this