NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Super Mario Maker 2 -- June 2019

So, you know how there's all sorts of new features in Mario Maker 2? Stuff that wasn't in the original? Exciting, right?

• Haha 2

– No amiibo support unlike the first game
– Mystery mushroom costumes are also gone as a result
– Almost everything unlocked from the start
– Mario, Luigi, Toad, Toadette handle the exact same
– Every stage technically supports multiplayer
– Can play Super Mario Maker 2 with whatever combination of controllers you want
– Can adjust controls in the settings
– When using the editor when docked, use the control pad to quickly access any of the toolbars by pressing it in that direction
– Story Mode is open-ended
– This means it changes depending on your choices
– Ex: choose what part of the castle to rebuild next
– Can replay stages in Story Mode, but can’t earn a completion award more than once
– Full control over Mario while exploring the castle
– Yamamura is back, will teach you how to use tools and game theory topics
– Wind in the moon desert courses vary in direction and intensity
– Checkpoints apparently customizable to give different items
– New kart can break apart by hitting things, and objects will pop out while it’s breaking apart
– Meowser can have different attacks such as being winged, flying into the background, and spit fire from a distance

From NintendoEverything. 

Also confirmed that online multilayer is with random people only.

6 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

From NintendoEverything. 

No! What's the bloody point?

16 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

From NintendoEverything. 

I would like to say that I'm surprised by this but when it comes to Nintendo and online gaming it's always best to expect some kind of cock up.

• Like 2

Sounds incredible, so much attention to detail in this game.

19 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

From NintendoEverything. 

Shamelessly stolen from Gamexplain's video. It's listed in the exact same order as they do.

Edited by Ronnie

Is the not being able to play with friends thing been confirmed elsewhere? Nintendo reps at these kind of events have been wrong before.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is the not being able to play with friends thing been confirmed elsewhere? Nintendo reps at these kind of events have been wrong before.

GameXPlain just confirmed it.

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nintendo wants you to make friends.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Nintendo wants you to make friends.

What do you think I've been doing here?

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What do you think I've been doing here?

If that's been your objective, failing. 😉

• Sad 1

That's very disappointing. Crazy that Nintendo still cannot seem to get online right, and that they are now charging for it. If I hadn't got the 12-month sub for a year free with Amazon Prime there is literally no way I'd have bought it.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 3:29 PM, Glen-i said:

c1LvdDP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Anyone gone back to Mario Maker 1 since they announced the second game? Seems like a good opportunity to jump back on and see what crazy stuff people have been making for the last few years.

Tezuka has announced on the Treehouse stream that they're updating the game to allow playing with friends online - great news!

I loved Tezuka's answer to all the impossible levels questions... XD

Been back on Mario Maker 1 recently playing through my old levels. If there's any interest in some of these, I might remake those levels in Mario Maker 2. Not all of them though, they're not all worth bringing over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

I loved Tezuka's answer to all the impossible levels questions... XD

Been back on Mario Maker 1 recently playing through my old levels. If there's any interest in some of these, I might remake those levels in Mario Maker 2. Not all of them though, they're not all worth bringing over.

That's a really neat idea, doing developer Let's Play commentary on your own levels! Enjoyed watching that :peace:

Maybe I can do some for my own... I put a lot of care and thought into the design of my own ones... Would be a nice way to get myself back in the groove for SMM2!

Especially if others here would be interested in getting in on it! Maybe we could even turn it into a little article for the main site if there's enough interest?

@S.C.G? @RedShell?

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Yep, definitely a good idea and thank you to @GenericAperson for posting your Super Mario Maker videos, I can see how a lot of your courses could benefit from the extra features in Super Mario Maker 2... for instance, I think you mention during your 2D remake of Hazy Maze Cave that there weren't red coins available? (Its been a while since I played SMM as well) But they could be added in SMM2 so I think it will be interesting to see what new features can be added to existing courses, even if they have to be remade for the new game. :smile:

@Dcubed definitely a good idea, I don't feel like I'd have much to showcase myself but if yourself and @RedShell wanted to do something similar then that would be cool.

I'm happy to help promote unique article ideas like this for the main site, so long as everything is up on YouTube then we can just embed the videos, have a bit of commentary and then link back to the forum, keep the conversation going and this should work out well for everyone as it will increase the exposure of the videos on all related channels and gets the creative courses out there as well. :peace:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Maybe we could even turn it into a little article for the main site if there's enough interest?

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I'm happy to help promote unique article ideas like this for the main site, so long as everything is up on YouTube then we can just embed the videos, have a bit of commentary and then link back to the forum, keep the conversation going and this should work out well for everyone as it will increase the exposure of the videos on all related channels and gets the creative courses out there as well. :peace:

Nice idea! It would definitely be very cool to see levels from the N-E community showcased on the main site. :) And I'll no doubt be making SMM2 level vids at some point too, so would be happy to contribute. Speaking of showcase vids... I recently made one for all of my SSBU custom stages that I'll be sharing soon. ;)

Just over 1 week to go for this game now! :bouncy:

• Thanks 1

Nice to see those videos has sparked mass interest in showcase videos as a whole. Will definitely be checking out you guys' videos when they go up, I tried a few of you guys' levels recently and I like the CourseBot one that RedShell did but I never beat it because one of the blue platforms did not fall onto the track that it needed to in order to progress.

I'm planning to do a video a day in regards to showcase videos in the runup to Mario Maker 2 so here's today's:

• Thanks 2

Got my SMM2 stylus! :) Here it is alongside the one I've been using for Stage Builder in SSBU:

qd8iL2r.jpg

First thing that stood out was just how much smaller the tip is! :o Not tested it yet, but I think that's actually going to be a lot nicer (and more accurate) than the one I've been using.

It's much thinner overall but significantly heavier due to being all metal (minus the red bit on the end) whereas the other one (despite looking metallic) is entirely plastic. So yeah, the build quality on this is actually really good indeed, especially considering it's a freebie. :cool:

Roll on next Friday! :bouncy:

• Like 3

Nice. Might have to invest in a styli myself for the stage builder in order to avoid it being too cumbersome. In Smash I ended up using analogue controls to draw because 1. I suck at drawing and 2. I wanted to be very precise and using graph measurements allows for that.

Oh yeah, more MM1 levels while we wait for MM2. I was on a bit of an original creative spree with some of these.

• Like 1

How do you get the stylus if you go digital? Am I right in thinking that you need to pre-order the version with the 12 month online plan to get the stylus? And that that version doesn't let you redeem their vouchers?

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

How do you get the stylus if you go digital? Am I right in thinking that you need to pre-order the version with the 12 month online plan to get the stylus? And that that version doesn't let you redeem their vouchers?

Correct. Limited Edition only and you can't use a voucher on it.

Sign in to follow this