NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Super Mario Maker 2 -- June 2019

In this new game, a sequel to the original Wii U™ game, players can create the Super Mario courses of their dreams, with access to even more tools, items and features, including the new ability to create slopes for the first time. Super Mario Maker 2 launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch this June.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very excited for this, but I am going to miss using the Wii U's gamepad for creating stages. It was perfect for this game.

It looks like you get to make 2D Mario 3D World stages, which is awesome.

Not bad, not bad. People will be happy.

I didn't like the first one for several reasons. The horrible sharing system, for example. They really need to overhaul this. 

@Julius I hope you're ready to update the OP when the time comes, if they have some roundabout way of sharing levels. Could be useful to have a list in the OP later.

Anyway, day 1 for me, after missing the first, hope to see you all in this level creation mayhem.

This looked absolutely insane. Definitely wasn't expecting a Mario 3D World theme!

Crazy how this is out in 4 months. I love it when Nintendo do a quick reveal > release.

Edited by Ronnie

Super Mario Maker was the one Switch port aside from Smash that I was willing to Double Dip on especially since the Miiverse sharing features are pretty much redundant. This was too good a concept to leave on Wii U, so glad they are making a sequel to it.

Hopefully the game can use the Nintendo Switch's Touch Screen in handheld mode as an option to build stages alongside traditional controls.

13 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Looks utterly bonkers! Was NOT expecting SM3DW content! Super excited for this! :D 

Tell me about it. I almost had a heart attack at that point! :laughing: Then I realised it was still 2D (yes, I really did think they were giving us a 3D editor for a split second there :hehe:) so luckily I didn't pass out. :grin:

Well, not really much for me to say about this other than I'm very happy to see Mario Maker on Switch. Would've been fine with just a port, but a sequel is even better! Looks like they're well aware of what people wanted to see in it too, with that focus on slopes in the trailer. ;)
Also love how this version seems to be getting some proper enemy path and camera controls, brilliant stuff! :cool:

• Thanks 1

Yeah they definitely made a point to highlight the slopes part.

The 3D World theme makes me really happy, just thinking about that game makes me smile.

It actually makes me wonder whether the next 2D Mario game will use that look, otherwise they'll have made all those assets and background art just for this.

Super happy to see SM3DW get the love over Odyssey here! That game is so ridiculously underrated! (And SMO is very overrated; so I’m happy to see it get totally snubbed here! :p )

Glad to see it get the respect it deserves! Hopefully that also implies that a SM3DW Switch port isn’t far off...

On 14/02/2019 at 6:16 PM, Dcubed said:

Glad to see it get the respect it deserves! Hopefully that also implies that a SM3DW Switch port isn’t far off...

I would put money on it coming out in January 2020.

Love GameXplain, especially for their long analyses, and this is a really long one:

Edited by Julius

Wow that was some analysis by GameXplain!  It did spot some things I did wonder about (as well as many others that I hadn’t!), such as the suitability of the Switch touchscreen but that it looks as though it has been set up to allow stick and button input.

Following the success of the WiiU version and the larger Switch audience it makes sense for Nintendo to make this.  It’s nice to see it really does look to expand on the original too and not be a simple port.

So much for all of those silly Switch Mini timing rumours!

BTW, I take great interest in that Kart Koopa!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

You can get a stylus for pre-ordering at a physical retail store, whatever that is. :rolleyes:

Or pre-ordering the digital special edition.

@RedShell ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedShell said:

Definitely digital version for me, gonna need easy access to this game at all times! :bouncy:

Because Switch carts are notoriously difficult to transport 😋

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Because Switch carts are notoriously difficult to transport 😋

They are when you’re lazy, yeah. :heh: 

Sign in to follow this