NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 13/02 10pm (UK time)

Had totally forgotten about them @Hero-of-Time, seems like a very good bet that we'll see them tonight. And I'll undoubtedly spend £20 on Resident Evil 4 again when I should be spending that money on games that need it more.  

• Thanks 1

Some chaps banging the Star Fox Grand Prix drum again; I'd actually be really excited if this game was a thing and had a release date soon, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean i love all your ideas and wants and would love them myself......but i'dbe really happy to see classic Doom on the switch

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I mean i love all your ideas and wants and would love them myself......but i'd be really happy to see classic Doom on the switch

Complete with Brutal Doom mod, somehow made official and also featuring amiibo support so that you can put them into the Doom world as "Nintendemons" of course. ;)

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder if Resident Evil 0, Remake and 4 will make an appearance tonight in the Direct, with them all being dropped on the eShop soon after. It's been a few months since they were announced and none of them have been released yet.

Id love this. 

Just wrapping up my RE 2 play throughs for the platinum so it would be great to have these on Switch to dip back into. 

Fricking tired but I shall endure. Looking forward to this, it's going to be a good Direct. I don't have many expectations but just don't hope that Fire Emblem will take up too much of the time (i.e. more than 7-10 minutes). I also expect a new trailer to be released for Yoshi's Crafted World. I think my wildest guess is that a 2D Zelda is on the way for Switch.

I think we'll see a Kingdom Hearts collection announced tonight, there is no reason why the first few games can't run on the Switch and Shinji Hashimoto has been retweeting things to do with the direct today so something SE is bound to be included.

Xenoblade Chronicles X port would do me nicely, thats my wild hope for tonight.

Hilarious that they held back the orchestrated soundtrack for the Switch release of Dragon Quest XI

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like I'm picking up Dragon Quest XI again. Orchestrated OST + 16bit version = WIN!

yr62ydl4m2811.gif

I was on the fence before, but now I guess I'm buying it a second time!

• Haha 1

Tetris Battle Royale! :D I'm sure EZA joked about this a month or two back.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'm actually not to sure about Fire Emblem after that. Seems a bit Harry Potter/Persona-ish.

Amazed that Hellblade is coming to the Switch. Very curious to see how it looks.

Unravel rumour was true! Glad I didn't buy it on PS4.

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I don't know how I feel about the art style of Link's Awakening... 

It's super cute. Link looks a bit odd. Kinda suits the game, although the game is kinda dark. Hope Link doesn't walk that slow normally though.

Oh man, I can't keep up!!

A REAL FUCKING ZELDA GAME FOR SWITCH!! And it's a remake of Link's Awakening!? I COULD FUCKING CRY!! :cry:

So much joy!!! Fuck Breath of the Wild! Fuck it hard!!! This is vindication!!! FINALLY!! Gimme a REAL Zelda game!! :D :bouncy:

And the rest!? Oh man... SLOPES!!!! FINALLY!!!!

I NEED Viewtiful Policenauts RIGHT NOW!!!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

THE REMAKE IS REAL!!! I'm nearly in tears here. :cry::yay::bowdown:

I couldn't quite believe it when I saw those waves I thought... I know those waves... but nah... it wouldn't be... but... it looks like... IT IS! :eek:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake! :bowdown:

Damn, it's a good time to be a Nintendo fan. :hug:

• Thanks 1

I want that Zelda game now, I loved the style personally and Links Awakening was my entry in the Zelda universe. 

Other than that I felt the direct seemed RPG heavy, and whilst that will be for some people, it isn’t for me. However, Yoshi, Box Boy, Mario Maker 2, all seem like potential pickups for me. The one that got me interested the most was Astral Chain. I’ll be keeping an eye on that. Tetris seems interesting and fun too. 

Best bit was the Smash 3.0 announcement. “What do we have planned, well we aren’t saying squat” 😂

A good Direct, but needed more for everyone.