NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 13/02 10pm (UK time)

Hopefully we'll get news on the SNES app for the Nintendo online service.

I'm hoping to hear more on Yoshi and Animal Crossing.  There are rumours of Mother 3 being localised.

2 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

I'm hoping to hear more on Yoshi and Animal Crossing.

Yeah I am mostly looking forward to hearing more about Animal Crossing, so I hope there is something about that game mentioned.

Other then that, I quite indifferent to whatever they might show. I'd imagine Luigi's Mansion 3 will be shown. There were rumors of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so I hope that's a real thing

Hopefully we will see a bit of Animal Crossing.  There was a rumour of a September release, and they've already shown us the basic graphics of it, so I think there's a decent chance of a bit more this time.  It will be good to see Fire Emblem as well - between those two, they'll have updated pretty much the best 3DS titles, in my opinion.

Well, add another one to the tally for king zell, then :laughing: got to wonder how long before the Nintendo ninjas figure out who their contact is!

Really looking forward to the Direct tomorrow, as I'm thinking of finally picking up a Switch in the next month or so. Hoping for Prime Trilogy, like everyone else, as I haven't played any of those games yet!

I'm glad that they're finally saying that we'll see more of Three Houses, as the Fire Emblem fans have waited patiently for quite a while now for more news, so it's good that they 'll get the chance to learn some more. 

I'm not aware of whether or not Final Fantasy VII is getting a physical release, but I assume not, so maybe we'll see a shadow drop tomorrow?

Probably a shadow drop for the Hollow Knight DLC, too. 

Edited by Julius

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Please don’t be mainly about Fire Emblem though... :hmm: 

I wouldn't mind.

Just want more info on Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. A surprise like some form of Mario maker would be great. I still think they'll use a Direct to shadowdrop the SNES launch games.

Edit: Also @RedShell, I can't like your avatar, so I liked your post instead.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

Probably a shadow drop for the Hollow Knight DLC, too. 

Team Cherry said that a "first look" for the DLC will come on Thursday. It may show up a day early but even if it does, it sounds like the release is still a little while out

14 minutes ago, RedShell said:

My doggie is ready! :hehe: :bouncy:

I hope it is 😋

Fire Emblem Three Houses release date

The remaining Smash DLC characters are all Fire Emblem characters

All non Fire Emblem characters will be removed from Smash.

Animal Crossing renamed to Fire Emblem Crossing. Isabelle is replaced with Anna.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I hope it is 😋

Fire Emblem Three Houses release date

The remaining Smash DLC characters are all Fire Emblem characters

All non Fire Emblem characters will be removed from Smash.

Animal Crossing renamed to Fire Emblem Crossing. Isabelle is replaced with Anna.

The sad thing is, none of that would shock me. Especially all non Fire Emblem characters removed from Smash :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Now I kind of want to see a Fire Emblem game with Animal Crossing characters.

• Like 1

I’m hoping for news on Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 4, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and at least a couple big surprises.

Due to the Metroid Prime 4 delay, not only will we be getting Metroid Prime Trilogy early but we're also getting the 2D Metroid crossover title that we've all been waiting for...

Metroid Prime: Fire Emblem Force is a 2D co-op Metroid title with a Fire Emblem flavoured twist... turn-based combat in the style of SteamWorld Heist!

Take control of Samus as she commands the 100 character strong horde that is the Fire Emblem cast now (that's got to be accurate?) as you lead them, Pikmin style!

You'll travel nonsensically from the vast reaches of space, to the castles of old as you fight against the evil Dark (Samus) Dragon which threatens the existence of everything!

Also compatible with all Metroid Series and Fire Emblem Series amiibo figures, with another dozen on the way in time for launch.

Pre-order now for early beta demo access and one hundred Nintencoins (in-game currency) which you can use for (just cosmetic!) in-game purchases!

:laughing:

We can only dream... :p See you all at 10PM tomorrow night! :peace:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Team Cherry said that a "first look" for the DLC will come on Thursday. It may show up a day early but even if it does, it sounds like the release is still a little while out

Oh right, thanks, had no idea!

Funnily enough, it was the thought of the Hollow Knight DLC shadow dropping making me doubt if Final Fantasy VII actually could, because two shadow drops in one Direct would seem a bit much. 

Also, might we finally get some more news on Shin Megami Tensei V? Don't think we've seen anything since the January 2017 Switch Presentation...

I don't think Luigi's Mansion 3 will be shown. Too early. I do think that Animal Crossing will be, though, and I also think that Metroid Prime Trilogy will release soon, as well as Final Fantasy VII. Perhaps some DLC for some already released games, including an expected release of Joker for Smash.

From Reddit:

nd90litkb5g21.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I don't think Luigi's Mansion 3 will be shown.

They might hold that back till E3 I guess, especially if they go all out on Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem.

I really hope we see this Starfox GP game, either here or at E3. It's depressing to think Retro could have nothing to show for themselves in 5 years otherwise.

afb.gif

Only question is... will we see Gen 8 tomorrow? Or will we have to wait until Pokemon Day...

... either way, we should have plenty of new 1st party announcements here.  I predict 4 myself ;) 

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

My doggie is ready! :hehe: :bouncy:

That avatar really was right on cue!

Bloody love it BTW :laughing:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

afb.gif

Only question is... will we see Gen 8 tomorrow?

I seriously doubt it.

I can't recall a time when a core series Pokémon game has been revealed during a Nintendo Direct. Off the top of my head, X & Y got their own (awesome) Pokémon Direct in the January of 2013; we got what must have been like a thirty second teaser for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire in May 2014 (I think only box art, titles, and release date?); Sun & Moon were first announced and teased during the 20th Anniversary Direct in February 2016 on Pokémon Day, in a Pokémon Direct, and I don't think we got anything more until May (?); we didn't see Ultra Sun & Moon until June of 2017, again in a Pokémon Direcr; and we first saw Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee in May of last year. 

Or will we have to wait until Pokemon Day...

Seems much more likely than tomorrow, sadly. TPC really love doing their own thing...

Even though the last generation was first announced during Pokémon Day in 2016, I'm not sure if they'd even show us more of Gen VIII at this stage. It will undoubtedly be the biggest game on Switch this year, but given that it'll be a part of a greater and much more diverse Switch 2019 lineup than the 3DS 2016 lineup, I don't know if there's the need for a nine month rollout with these games as there was with Sun & Moon ::shrug:

Edited by Julius

content-4-35703-nintendodirect02132019banner.jpg

There we go, obligatory "it's happening!" article on the front page. :p

Thanks to @RedShell for the inspiration on the Nintendog quote in the article. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jimbob said:

There are rumours of Mother 3 being localised.

There are always rumours of Mother 3 being localised.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There are always rumours of Mother 3 being localised.

Aren't there always rumours of Mother 3 not being localised as well?

Also, wasn't the previous Direct not on a 13th as well? Maybe they have some reverse superstition going on.

Oh I forgot this:

EgfHYF8.gif