NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Apex Legends

Apex adding a 3vs3 “Arena” mode... and a new Legend of course.

When I have my PS4 back out in a couple months I will come back to this, despite my time with the switch version being a real letdown. Its either this or warzone, and as much as I've enjoyed parts of warzone, the increased mobility of Apex really appeals to me, as do the far more interesting levels. My only concern is that the looting seems to really benefit from mouse and keyboard, but maybe I'm over egging it. 

So finally got started with this yesterday on PS4, and I'm already enjoying it a lot more than Warzone. Helps that I've already gotten a couple wins, but I also feel the room for invention and experimentation is better. The rounds being quicker helps as well, as does the speedier movement. Sticking with Bangalore until I get comfortable with the combat, and then I'll switch to a legend with a bit more interesting going on.

If anyone is still playing please reach out as it would be great to have a couple games.

• Like 1

I was playing last night with randoms and we were in a fight with a team just outside the ring… but there was this other team that kept poking us at range during our fight and it was doing our heads in so we decided to just full-on push them.

Its these wipes that are the most satisfying!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

@Kav nice stuff. Your push at 17.57 won us the game. 

Your drone came in proper handy this match!

If you see at 7.22 to 7.30, when we take the zipline, I slowly aim to the left… I’m not actually touching the sticks there, that’s just the natural stick drift I have to deal with on my DS4 these days.

I so need to repair it!

12 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Cant get yourself a second hand one?

I’m holding off getting a new pad at the mo as I’m pretty sure I’ve got some small screwdrivers I could use to take apart the controller to fix it.

I just need to get off my arse and look in the shed for them! Haha

Randoms leaving as soon as they’re down is a plague on this game… but sometimes you get the W and it makes the game all the sweeter!

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 8:55 PM, LazyBoy said:

Cant get yourself a second hand one?

On 24/06/2021 at 9:07 AM, Kav said:

I’m holding off getting a new pad at the mo as I’m pretty sure I’ve got some small screwdrivers I could use to take apart the controller to fix it.

I just need to get off my arse and look in the shed for them! Haha

I ordered a new pad as I don’t have the right screwdrivers etc… plus I fancied a few of the benefits a custom built one gives.

…they say it’s an 8-10 week wait though.

4 hours ago, Kav said:

I ordered a new pad as I don’t have the right screwdrivers etc… plus I fancied a few of the benefits a custom built one gives.

…they say it’s an 8-10 week wait though.

Tell me what you think - Im tempted to get one so I can map crouch/jump and thus keep my thumb on the right analog at all times. 

I'll be on tonight after smash by the way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Tell me what you think - Im tempted to get one so I can map crouch/jump and thus keep my thumb on the right analog at all times. 

I'll be on tonight after smash by the way.

If it’s just two back buttons you’re interested in I’d recommend the PS Back Button attachment.

Its only £26 at Game and works an absolute treat!

• Thanks 1

Having not played on King Canyon before,  I’ve got to remark on how good of a map it is. Not only the best in the game but certainly the best of the BRs. Varied in both theme and space, full of verticality, nuance and options. Love it

• Like 1

Haha, unlucky for this last team… this is my favourite play that I’ve pulled off for a win.

• Like 1

Any rumours on what kind of character Ash is?

Annoyingly I think I won’t be available for the new map release.

New game mode being added… effectively it’s  Call of Duty’s “Domination” game mode, 2 teams - 9v9.

Plus the regular New Season in Battle Royale:

Sign in to follow this