NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Apex Legends

What a week! Since we launched Apex Legends last week on Monday we’ve seen the creation of an Apex Legends community that is excited, thriving, and full of great feedback and ideas. Our goal is to build this game with you, our community, so keep giving us your feedback because we really are listening.

I can’t tell you everything we have planned, and we are looking at changes based on player feedback and experiences. However, I do want to call out a few things happening over the next couple of weeks.

• First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We’ll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here:www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine’s Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don’t forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.

We’re also thrilled to announce that since last Monday, more than 25 million players have jumped into the game, and over the weekend we had well over 2 million concurrent players at our peak. Like I said earlier, what a week!

From everyone here at Respawn, thank you. The community’s excitement for Apex Legends is electric, and we feel it here at the studio. We couldn’t have gotten where we are without you and look forward to having you on this journey with us.

Vince Zampella
Respawn Entertainment

25 million in one week...that is insane. 

• Like 1

Slowly getting better at this.

I'm trying to focus on one or two Legends right now (Bangalore and Mirage) in order to get a lot of practice with their abilities. Seems to work :D Got a lot of 5-kills-matches last night. Speaking of last night...the "one more game" effect is real. My mate and I just couldn't log off.

"Nice, we won. We're on a roll, let's keep going."

"Fuck, we got wiped. Can't end this on a bad note."

Well...needless to say we played until 3 am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah its a good game! I still hate the stupid armor and shield stuff at times.

Been gaming again recently and mainly been on this as I’ve still not fancied delving into the backlog - even though I very much should!

Decided to buy the Season 2 Battle Pass and will be on Tuesday & Thursday nights if anyone fancies joining (although on occasion I’ll be with a group already).

That was awesome.

Missed Season 3 but I'm ready to go back for number 4. 

That twist in the video was apparently leaked but I didn't know. I only knew that Forge was the new legend...

...oh boy :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

vto872po9dd41.jpg

Well...there's a theory that the one who got killed was a stand-in. :D 

I think he probably was the same person, but I do think Forge will still be in the game - he’s sponsored by Hammond Robotics, they could “save” him by further enhancing him... making him a cyborg perhaps... ::shrug:

...it’d fit with the name of Season 4 being Assimilation.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

Looks like Revenant’s Ult turns the squad into Shadows, like in the Nightfall event, and when you die you respawn back at the totem he places.

59 minutes ago, Kav said:

Looks like Revenant’s Ult turns the squad into Shadows, like in the Nightfall event, and when you die you respawn back at the totem he places.

Did those Shadows had some kind of special abilities? I didn't take part in that event.

41 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Did those Shadows had some kind of special abilities? I didn't take part in that event.

Shadows have 30 health and are melee only but they move 30% faster than normal, their vision is like Bloodhounds Ultimate (black & white but enemies highlighted red), their melee deals a whopping 150 damage and they can climb any surface indefinitely.

Edited by Kav
  • Thanks 1

Anyone still playing this? I’m on it almost exclusively at the moment and don’t see it changing anytime soon with Season 5 releasing today. It’s such a good game!

I tend to be on with mates but every now and again there’s a space in the squad if anyone fancies it and sees me on.

Edited by Kav

Cross-play across all platforms is coming (including a Switch version too) “this fall”.

Next event:

5 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@Kav I never really played it on pc. i play a lot of fortnite on switch, but is apex legends any good?

For me it’s easily the best BR game.

Interesting.

Lots of streamers already say that Wraith buffs make her overpowered again.
Still can't believe how utterly ridiculous the Pathfinder nerfs were...and now with the changes to ziplines he got even worse.

Lifeline's ult has no right to exist. It's useless with all the already available options to get loot.

Revenant and Octane will get picked a lot more after the balance changes.

Anyways, this patch will change the meta but it is not enough to pull me back in. ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

Can’t get enough of this game... it’s only getting better too!

Sign in to follow this