NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Dr. Mario World (Mobile) — Coming Summer 2019

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's precisely what these kind of games aim for.

They aim for people putting a one off fiver in if they're enjoying it? What's wrong with that, if I have hours of fun with it then the game deserves some money.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Did you watch a recent Jimquisition where it somewhat focused on a presentation by a game developer into how to invest people into a free-to-play game? Honestly disturbing.

I don't watch his videos.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They aim for people putting a one off fiver in if they're enjoying it? What's wrong with that, if I have hours of fun with it then the game deserves some money.

Yeah, nothing wrong with doing that but it's just rare that people do it just once. It's more like if people are willing to put in money, they are statistically more inclined to do it again and it will most likely happen if they keep playing the game - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've put in money a few times in Pokémon Shuffle on 3DS because it gave me somthting in-game. Just don't buy something that fills automatically like hearts.

@Kaepora_Gaebora: Yeah, I can relate to this. It's not that I had a lot of fun with the game - it was okay but nothing great. But I'm just fearing the future of the game - Pokémon Shuffle started out fine enough but in the end, they just put in so many crazy hard levels and overpowered Pokémon to overcome them that many people really didn't enjoy it any more. And I do hope that Dr. Mario World doesn't go that way, I just fear it.

Maybe it was just me being tired but couldn't get three stars on level 23 or 24 or something without using an assistant. Up till then I didn't have to use them. 

I haven't played versus mode at all.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Similar sort of download numbers as Fire Emblem got, but 1/50th the revenue!

They should have put some waifus in Dr.Mario. That's where the money is.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

They blew their load by giving away Yoshi in a lab coat for free. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They should have put some waifus in Dr.Mario. That's where the money is.

It's funny because it's true.

Even Pokémon has decided that the actual Pokémon are less gacha-able than the actual trainers now.

I was thinking "But doesn't Dragalia have waifus?", but took another look at the chart.. Seems they just need to market it more, or find some other ways to increase the user base (..like announcing a game for Switch).

So, the plug got pulled and it's a flatline for Dr. Mario World, which is quite ironic considering he is a doctor. Not even Dr. Goomba Tower could save this!

I can see why as it didn't generate the revenue Nintendo may have expected, but I wonder if it is really that expensive to keep a server in the air for it? I can imagine them stopping putting in new content, but for players who are playing this still and may not have finished it it is quite sour. I really wonder what the upkeep of a game like this is.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1

The amount of manpower and art assets Nintendo wasted on this tire fire mobile trash is the most tragic thing about the server shutdown.  Proper Dr Mario and Puzzle League games for Switch died for this mobile junk.

Good riddance.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Here's me never even realising it saw the light if day anyway! What went so wrong with it?

13 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So, the plug got pulled and it's a flatline for Dr. Mario World, which is quite ironic considering he is a doctor. Not even Dr. Goomba Tower could save this!

I can see why as it didn't generate the revenue Nintendo may have expected, but I wonder if it is really that expensive to keep a server in the air for it? I can imagine them stopping putting in new content, but for players who are playing this still and may not have finished it it is quite sour. I really wonder what the upkeep of a game like this is.

Here's me never even realising it saw the light if day anyway! What went so wrong with it? Re: servers it annoys me in the modern age(and especially with Nintendo for how they've failed to care or to plan for them sustainably) - I completely do agree/wonder how nuch REALLY is it to upkeep these things? I never understood why they had to kill SMB35 for example(where as with Wii stuff done thru GameSpot servers was it I can understand - Nintendo really should aim for some server longevity imo).

Sign in to follow this