NEurope
Julius

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot — 17th January 2020 (PS4/XBO/PC)

Looks pretty so far, not quite Fighterz level mind.

Got a bit tired of playing through the Z story every time a long time ago, although Attack of the Saiyans on the DS was great, worth checking out.

Announced as Dragon Ball: Kakarot, delayed until early 2020. 

Edited by Julius

That's literally the worst thing I've ever seen.

I hope someone gets flogged for this.

• Weird 1

They kinda show the best bit in that trailer, so not really sure I need to buy the game now. :laughing:

Another game I tried at the Gamescom. I was very underwhelmed. However, the demo seemed to show a very early state of the game. The general idea of an open world Dragonball RPG is interesting, but in the demo the world seemed empty and the available sidequests were just "Beat up some robots" or "Get dinosaur meat (by beating him up)". The main battle of the demo was against Raditz and played out in two phases, which were generally quite similar, only that Raditz used an additional special attack in the second phase. The battle system and especially your flying/ movement felt clunky and slow, so I got hit by Raditz quite often. Also, there many collectible orbs in the air during the overworld part. The tutorial said that these will be for your leveling/ attacks/ abilities in the final game. But due the clunky flying controls, these were a pain to collect.

I think the game could be good if the controls get improved (or if the gamescom demo was just too unpolished in that part). Generally, I really liked the Naruto Ninja Storm games - exploring the world by yourself and having the fights as their own sub-part - and Dragonball Z Kakarot seems to improve on this formula by making the world and the fights more interactive.

• Thanks 1