NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart League 2019

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

The dock is refusing to power on with either power adapter, it did this before... works great for ages, then breaks spectacularly if the unit is wobbled at all, I was trying to take a picture of the reults screen shile docked on the joy-con while using a gamecube controller.

Might have to leave it and chalk you up a win, a shame because I was looking forward to playing all the GP's. :(

Is it not possible to play handheld?

If @Glen-i accepts, we could reschedule to another time. I want to have fun... If you're available late tomorrow or during the weekend we can play.

If it's not possible, I'd rather have the non-attendance.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Just now, viceview51 said:

If @Glen-i accepts, we could reschedule to another time. I want to have fun... If you're available late tomorrow or during the weekend we can play.

I'm up for it anytime. Just say when.

Just now, viceview51 said:

Let's have it now? I think we'll finish by 21.

OK, give me a minute.

Passcode will be 444.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is it not possible to play handheld?

Only set up for wired.

2 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

I'll keep trying, I'm going to try the other dock I have probably, it's annyoing because this has happened before, I took out all the wires and tried loads of times and then it would finally work again.

Well that was......different.....

I used to be so good at that game. Drifting like a good un and nipping around the tracks. Now, I think I spent more time in the walls. I got a few good shell hits in though. @RedShell should have all the results. 

• Like 1

@martinist; maybe you should try hosting a room instead?

(Edit: Oh bugger, I forgot that I have the suspend point... never mind... Try reconnecting again!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Even my other dock is doing the same thing now as well, power on to the dock for a second, green light and then, nothing.

Count me out for Smash as well tonight, seems I've got to seriously rejig my setup.

Bleh... and now it's working with the other dock and another power adapter... all adapters work though, so strange... oh well, I'm not touching it again now that it seems to be working.

Why did this have to happen on a league night? :(

oh well, I hope you were able to salvage something from this evening still, sorry about that @viceview51

Edited by S.C.G

Seems cube disconnected right at the final results screen :)

Was fun after sorting the connection issues out though.

Edited by martinist

1 minute ago, martinist said:

Seems cube disconnected right at the final results screen :)

Well at least we got there in the end :laughing:

I've got plenty of video proof for how bad it got for us as well, don't you worry!

Yeah, our games were super smooth, was just like local multiplayer! :cool:

Shame that wasn’t the case for everyone then. :sad: 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, our games were super smooth, was just like local multiplayer! :cool:

Shame that wasn’t the case for everyone then. :sad: 

Well, I have the results for the other two rooms, so if you could send over who came where in each race.

You don't have to send pictures if it's too much hassle, typing them is good enough. (But I will ask @BowserBasher to confirm them if you go that way)

• Thanks 1

nT4Aybj.png

So, let me explain how this worked. Every race was treated as if it was an 8-player MK8DX race. The only difference is that losing to a CPU makes a difference.

The other key thing to note is that your scores were calculated by adding each race together and then deducting the score by 20%. This was done to keep the scores to a 4-race standard while still having each race count.

Got it? Well, trust me, it's the easiest way.

The big question is whether you lot thought the night went well enough and would like it to show up in future nights? Let me know.

7UmpNo7.png

Next League Night: 26th September 8pm

o9eXlCn.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i (Team Leader)

@RedShell (Team Leader)

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

It's been a jam packed month for special themes, so I had no choice but to put the Team Night at the end of the month in Player's Choice.

So you know the deal by now, send a PM to me declaring which team you want to be on, mine or @RedShell's.

• Thanks 3

Before I post my highlights... I need to address something with @Dcubed

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Anyway, here's some of mine. I'm on the top screen, @viceview51 is on the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wow after seeing the lag filled highlights from you lot me and @RedShell got either extremely lucky or just had a really great connection. As for doing it again, not sure yet, it was certainly different and added something to it, but it seems the scoring is complicated. Plus there seemed to be a lot of pain setting up some games. 

• Thanks 1