NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart League 2019

Y0ECaTp.png

It's the Mario Kart League 2019!

What is the Mario Kart League?

Simply put, it's a weekly meet-up of N-Europe members to play some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and then shout at each other afterwards. I suppose we could also find out who the best racer is as well.
The League is split up into two halves throughout the year.

How do I sign up?

• Post a comment declaring yourself IN! for each week that you'll be able to play.
  • League Nights generally take place every Thursday at 8pm (GMT). Please try to enter the room 15 minutes before that time if possible.
  • If you have declared yourself IN! but then can't make a night, please inform me on this thread before the league night starts. People who frequently pull a no-show with no notice may be penalised.
  • There is an "Always IN!" List for people who don't want to bother declaring themselves IN! every week. Please mention me (@Glen-i) in this thread if you want to be in this list.

What do I need to know about League Nights?

• There are generally two types of League Nights.
  • Player's Choice nights allow players to freely choose what vehicle they use and what tracks are played on.
  • Even though you can choose the track on these nights, please try your best to not choose a track that has already been raced on that night. No-one wants to do Rainbow Road 12 times.
  • Theme Nights dictate a specific vehicle setup and track order that must be followed.
  • Each night consists of 3 GP's, making for a total of 12 races. Please allow 45 to 60 minutes of your time to take part.
  • It is advisable that you add mine and @BowserBasher's friend code before taking part. (Glen-i - 3034-9087-7910 BowserBasher - 8313-9234-5620)

How are the points calculated?

• After each GP, the points you earned will be recalculated by me using this formula. (Total points divided by Number of Players multiplied by 12)
  • Your grand total is divided by the number of GP's you've taken part in, giving you an average score that will determine your placing in the league. This means that even if you miss a night, your score will not be affected, but your placing may change depending on changes in other people's scores.
  • In GP's that utilise Battle Mode, the points you earn are determined by your place, not the amount of points you got.
  • If your total attendance is below 50% at the end of the year, your score will be discounted from the final results.

What are Team Nights?

• Once a month (Except January), there will be one night where the players will be split into two teams.
  • On these nights, the current top two players will be designated the Team Leaders.
  • Everyone else should send me a Private Message saying what team they want to be in. Your choice must remain secret.
  • If one team has way more members than the other, I will ask the leaders to choose who gets moved to the other side.
  • Your points are still mainly determined by your placing, so you still want to come in 1st.
  • The team that has the highest total score on each GP will get an extra 10 points.

What is the Champion's Bonus?

• In an attempt to level the playing field, I am introducing the Champion's Bonus.
  • In each GP, beating either of the two previous Mario Kart League Champions (Glen-i and RedShell) will earn you 5 points.
  • Beating both of them will get you 10 points.
  • This bonus doesn't apply on Team Nights.

Any other Rules I should know about?

• Theme Nights must be followed. However, if you don't have the right vehicle part, let me know as soon as possible. I will try to find an alternative part that has the same stats.
  • During Player's Choice nights, please do not choose a track that has already been raced on that night, it's only polite.
  • Do not rage quit, if I start to notice people "disconnecting" regularly, you may be penalised.
  • If you do disconnect, rejoin the room as soon as possible. You will earn one point for that race. But I'd be willing to discount that GP's score if it would result in lowering your average score. But don't take the mick. Be aware that discounting a GP will affect your total attendance.
  • Remember to let me or the host know if you can't make the night as soon as you can.
  • Have fun! And feel free to show off your hilarious (Or skillful) moments with the Switch video capture!

Theme Night Suggestions

• If you have a suggestion for a Theme Night, please send me a PM with the details and I'll try to implement it.

Thanks to @RedShell for the new logo!

Edited by Glen-i
Added BowserBasher's Friend Code
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'd like to confirm with @BowserBasher if he'll take up hosting duties again this year.

Yeppers. I’ll be hosting each and every week unless otherwise stated in advance. I appreciate the thought and will continue to do my part. So always in and hosting. 

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, happy good year!!! As usual always in...

It's a shame @Glen-i hasn't taken this opportunity to create a disconnection championship... or something.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

We got a new one guys. Let’s not scare them away. 🤪

So throw every item I have at them then? Gotcha!

In all seriousness, welcome to the League and the forums @Shady!

• Haha 1

It wasn't a Fresh Prince gif though, what does this mean?

20 hours ago, bob said:

It wasn't a Fresh Prince gif though, what does this mean?

It's definitely not @S.C.G with an alternate account.

• Haha 2

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

hqEcvTo.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host (FC: 8313-9234-5620)

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@RedShell

@viceview51

@S.C.G

@Tales

@Shady

@nekunando (If he remembers)

Because this is the first Player's Choice night of the year, a quick reminder of a few things.

• @BowserBasher will open the room at around 7:45pm (GMT) If you're not in that time zone, make sure you figure out when that is.
  • You'll be able to find the room under the "Friends" option when you go online. @BowserBasher's Mii is called Simon
  • Don't choose a track that has already been picked. Variety is nice, after all.
  • If you get disconnected, try and get back in as soon as you can.
  • If your profile name doesn't match your N-Europe username, let me know so I don't mistake you for a random person.
Edited by Glen-i

I might be late getting there.

I may have forgotten the physical copy of the game and thanks to @Ugh first aid and her genius (She told me to say that), I'm currently using the Switch Online feature of game sharing.

The game is downloading now.

• Haha 1

Just now, BowserBasher said:

We can wait an extra 5 minutes for you @Glen-i if you can get there in that time. 

I don't think it can download that fast.

I might have to jump in at the start of a later GP.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martinist said:

At 10Mbps it could take atleast half an hour

Yeah, it's looking like that.

Just start without me. And don't forget to take pics of each race result @BowserBasher

I'll let you know when it's done.