NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Gold Coin Collection 2019

Like I said, I want to do things a bit differently, and keep better track of total points added and spent. To do that, if you spend points, give me both the total before and after! Or just update more regularly..

Current Gold Coin Collection Rankings (start of the year)

01] 1507 SMBCoin.gif - Ike
  02]  998 SMBCoin.gif - Emerald Emblem
  03]  661 SMBCoin.gif - Vileplume2000
  04]  656 SMBCoin.gif - Glen-i

05]    SMBCoin.gif - Sméagol

Let me know if the starting totals are correct.

Technically, I haven't spend my coins yet, but I will. That was the whole point for me personally, saving up a lot of coins, spend them end of the year (preferrably in a sale) before they expire.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

So half a year later, I did spend 500 points recently so it was more at one point..

o59NO9D.png?1

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 1

I'll update it later (I guess, haha).

My total hasn't gone up much though.. Still have some backlog games to buy, and received several games that didn't get me any coins at all. Most of my games this year will be bought in the 2nd half of the year. Most of the coins I have now come from the few E-shop games I've bought.

I haven't been keeping a strict running total but I just unsealed a load of 2017 Switch games (before the gold coins expire within 2 years ot release date) and on top of the £4 in points I already had from the last unsealing session, I managed to get over £12 in coins. :D

Which I then spent on Sega Ages Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy in Monster Land because they came out today and that's what spurred me on to finally claim those points which would have otherwise been lost, you don't get a huge amount of points as it is from physical games, but due to the sheer amount of Switch titles I have now, it does mean that I get a few free digital titles, which is nice. :)

Some games only give you around 25 points or so, the most I've seen is 63 on certain titles such as the ones published by Nicalis, the best one was probably Bayonetta 2 because I got 50 points for the second game, then I redeemed the code for Bayonetta (finally) and got 150 points because of it being a digital title, that took me over the amount I needed with 63 coins to spare. :peace:

I've probably redeemed gold coins from maybe 35 games now? But after doing a count... that's only around a third of my physical collection...

:blank:

I'll let you know what the rest amount to but I will just say that certain Limited Run Games don't always work, so it might not be as much as you'd think... in any case, with physical games I'm not really in it for the gold coins but when I do get to redeem some, it's a nice bonus. :grin:

Yup, and totally neglected this all year haha.

But I'm bumping it now for the very reason I started doing this in the first place.. I got an e-mail that I have gold coins expiring for the first time in a long time (well, exactly a year). It's shit that I forgot about this, because by now I've missed all the new year sales.

My total is 1742.

As per tradition, I'll be spending it all in the great gold coin cycle, before any expire.

Actually, the 2 latest directs gave me a good thing to spend them on, completely removing the downside of having missed all the sales. I think I'll be spending it on either the Pokémon season pass, or the Smash Brothers Fighters pass 2 (in the case of the latter I'll also finally get all; the mii costumes).

I'll have a look at my wishlist if anything's on sale that I may want right now (or even regardless of any sale), but I doubt it.

Edit:

That's also less gold coins than last year, eventhough I'm pretty sure I've bought more games. This is thanks to all the limited release games (mostly from Limited Run) and imports I've been buying which don't provide any coins.

Edited by Sméagol

Sign in to follow this