NEurope
Aperson

Your 2019 Gaming Diary

So, I was looking through my PSVita library because I'm still searching for a game that I can focus on aside from Apex Legends and Crypt of the Necrodancer (the game's fucking me up...I cannot, for the life of me, finish even one zone with a particular character; normal time, can't miss a bit or you're dead, weapons don't spawn) and found out that I bought Steam World Dig 2 last December. 

Decided to give it a go...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

It's awesome :D Very fun mechanics. Think I found that one game I've been looking for. :laughing: 

• Thanks 2

I've had an awful week of gaming. Since finishing Luigi's Mansion and Shadow of the Tomb Raider I've been in one of those moods where I simply cannot settle on anything. I tried Hollow Knight (3rd time lucky?), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion, Tales of Hearts R, Final Fantasy IX, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Oxenfree. I couldn't stick with any of them. I hate it when i'm like this. It really feels like i've wasted my free time and have got nothing done all week. :mad: 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had an awful week of gaming. Since finishing Luigi's Mansion and Shadow of the Tomb Raider I've been in one of those moods where I simply cannot settle on anything. I tried Hollow Knight (3rd time lucky?), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion, Tales of Hearts R, Final Fantasy IX, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Oxenfree. I couldn't stick with any of them. I hate it when i'm like this. It really feels like i've wasted my free time and have got nothing done all week. :mad: 

I've been like that since completing Spider-Man last year. Not sticking with anything at all. 

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I've been like that since completing Spider-Man last year. Not sticking with anything at all. 

It's so annoying. There is stuff I would love to play and I have plenty on the backlog to dig into but I end up playing for an hour and then knocking the game off, only to fire up Netflix and just watching episodes of Friends or Red Dwarf, stuff that I have watched thousands of times before.

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Tell me about it. 

I've "settled" for two games (Steamworld Dig 2Far Cry New Dawn) but noooooooooooooo, I just had to buy Sky Force Reloaded because it's on sale. Mind you, it's a fun game but come on drahkon. Get your shit together :D 

No more new games until I've finished all three.

Finished Steam World Dig 2 just now.

Lovely game. Combat was a little on the weak side but the rest was very enjoyable.

Getting the Platinum is a no-go right now, though. There are four challenges to beat during a playthrough and for one trophy you have to get the best rating for every challenge in one playthrough. And lo and behold: One of the challenges is "finish the game in under four hours". So no, I will not do a 100% speedrun of this game in the near future :p 

Next up: Far Cry New Dawn and Sky Force Reloaded.

Currently stuck on Nier Automata (PS4). I'm on the Boku-Shi boss fight and it's very similar to the one before but that hasn't stopped me from constantly dying to it. I keep getting it's health down low and to the stage where it curls up into a ball and rolls around the arena, only becoming vulnerable to physical attacks. What makes this one so much harder is that he has this shockwave attack that he does without too much warning and you have to spend your time dodging all of the shockwaves otherwise it's curtains. He seems to use shockwaves at a far faster rate than you can jump over them. Maybe I need to work on my timings to avoid those attacks.

Also playing Metroid Prime (Wii U, Trilogy) for the N-Europe Video Game Club and I'm on an artifact and item hunt after getting the Plasma Beam. Will head back to Phazon Mines after I get all of the items elsewhere.

Finally got past the Boko-Shi on Nier Automata (PS4). This turned out to be the prelude to the Final Boss fight. I started to pay attention to it's attack pattern after it curls up into a ball and noticed when it would bounce to create shock waves, picking my chances to attack.

The game very conveniently let me go back to the Bunker after that fight and I decided to take the opportunity to buy 50 Large Recoveries. In spite of this, I still died a few times to the Final Boss... but not the REAL Final Boss. It's only the Final Boss of Route A. Next up is Route B and 9S.

Wow, this game isn't one for happy endings. In trying to defeat Eve who can resurrect itself with machines, 9S has to hack into it. But in the end it costs him his life and gets corrupted like Eve... Then his concience becomes one of the machines?

Then you get the message from Square Enix which basically says "You thought that was the end of the game?" You are only just beginning..." And from Youtube comments there's the implication that the plot gets even more insane in the future.

I previewed Route B and the start of that was cute, with the little robot carrying oil to fix his companion. Like, why are we trying to kill something so adorable?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

Next up is Route B

Play through it no matter what. Even if you don't like how the game handles Route B, keep playing. Even if you have to power through, keep playing.

So, while I've been crazy busy, I should at least get my 2019 diary started.

I played Wario Land for the N-E Videogame Club and had a blast with it. My full thoughts are on that thread.

I've also gotten back into Fire Emblem Heroes, due to Tibarn's debut. I've been having more fun with it than I expected, but I fully expect to uninstall it after the Binding Blade banner arrives in March (if it even lasts that long)... and knowing me, I'll likely get back to it when Brave Eliwood becomes a thing :heh:

My 2018 log (Hide contents)

Played/Beat/Completed:

-Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (1994) Completed (January 30th)

Currently Playing:

-Fire Emblem Awakening (replay)

-Fire Emblem Heroes

-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Dropped/Hiatus

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

Made a lot of progress in Far Cry New Dawn. Managed to play through a couple of story missions, explored a bit, upgraded the base, did some side quests, etc. :D Still good fun. 

Probably not too far away from the end. I also only need a couple of trophies for the Platinum :peace: 

Edit:IDbttgi.gif for Far Cry New Dawn get. :D 

What can I say? It's a Far Cry game...nothing spectacular, just a solid open-world FPS. Was good fun and definitely worth trading in Black Ops 4.

Spoiler

Finished/Completed

• NieR: Automata (PS4) - January
  • Super Mario Land 3  - Wario Land (GB) - January
  • Steamworld Dig 2 (PSVita) - February
  • Far Cry New Dawn (PS4) IDbttgi.gif - February

Currently Playing

• Sky Force Reloaded (PS4)
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (PSVita/PS4 - long-term playthrough)

Abandoned

• Chasm (PSVita) - tedious and boring

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

What a glorious mess of a game. Battles are boring/bland, running around finding activities is tedious, menus are all over the place. It's an average game at best and definitely not something I could see myself enjoy for 30-40 hours. :hmm:

Well, so far quite an interesting first two months. Played through 4 games (only one of them was a new release) and abandoned two. Quality has been quite good (aside from the two utterly boring entries in my gaming log). Especially Apex Legends took my by surprise.

What's on my agenda for now?

Sky Force Reloaded - a great shmup with a gameplay loop (repeat older levels on higher difficulties, earn stars to upgrade, play new levels, etc.) that reminds of rogue-likes. Something to play for an hour per day.

Crypt of the Necrodancer - this is still kicking my ass. :D But so much fun.

Looking for another game that I can focus on and play longer sessions. 

Spoiler

Finished/Completed

Currently Playing

• (Apex Legends (PS4) - multiplayer game)

Abandoned

• Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - overall a bland and unnecessary tedious game
  • Angry 1

Finished 2 games in February, the first being Pokemon Let's Go Eevee.  Nice remake of what is basically Pokemon Yellow, had to play it entirely in handheld mode as i was getting annoyed with using one joy-con (and i didn't fancy buying a £40 Pokeball for one game (and Mew)).  Taking the simple catching mechanics from Go, it serves as a good intro to the mainline Pokemon series for people who've only played Go.  We know we're getting a new mainline Gen8 Pokemon game later this year, this sufficed.  Beat the Elite 4 with relative ease, caught Mewtwo (and all 3 Legendary birds), cleared the challenging trainers across the map.  Was decent, not rushing back to play a 2nd time anytime soon.

However, the big highlight for me is this.  After buying it initial release in 2011. and after buying it a 2nd time on PS4 in 2016, i've finally finished The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.  Played it on/off for 8 years though, probably would have cleared it sooner if i focused all my efforts on the game.  The Dawnguard DLC was pretty good, loved being a Vampire hunter.  Dragonborn was pretty good as well in terms of missions on offer, didn't finish this until i got the Drauger armour/weapon set.  Hearthfire could have been better.  Saw a video on YouTube the other day explaining that if they let you build a village surrounding your manor, it would have been better.

Even though i owned a fair few houses, i kept my family in Whiterun as i felt it was home.  A good central location, which favored my character.  I did turn Nazeem into a set of clothes for hilarity mind.

Edited by Jimbob
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

What a glorious mess of a game. Battles are boring/bland, running around finding activities is tedious, menus are all over the place. It's an average game at best and definitely not something I could see myself enjoy for 30-40 hours. :hmm:

You're dead to me. :( 

• Like 1

Started playing VA-11 HALL-A on my Vita. You're a bartender named Jill in a cyberpunk world. Throughout the day customers arrive and order drinks while talking to you. You make the drinks, but there's no real element of "danger", as you can just restart mixing when you make a mistake. The game is more a visual novel than anything else. 

I was quite skeptical at first, but after a while I realized how incredibly good the writing is. Characters so far seem to be fleshed out quite nicely, even though they've only been introduced. 

There's no world building aside from what information you get during the conversations and it's done very well. Not sure if there will be any kind of overarching, big story line or if the game only focuses on the characters.

Speaking of characters...there's one which is kinda weird:

Spoiler

An underage robot who is a sex-worker. She's very open about what she does and speaks very bluntly. 

It's a weirdly interesting character, mainly because I can only imagine how people react differently to her antics. Especially when she explains how she wants to keep her childlike body because she gets more customers that way.

Seems like a game meant for a mature audience. Many themes that aren't really fit for younger people.

Spoiler

beIfOJb.png

This made me laugh out loud :D 

8MsKE9T.png

Oh my, quote of the century.

Spoiler

Finished/Completed

Currently Playing

• VA-11 HALL-A (PSVITA)

Abandoned

• Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - overall a bland and unnecessary tedious game
  • Like 3

Powering through Route B of NieR: Automata (PS4). It's been mostly the same as Route A so far with a few extra cutscenes thrown in to further explain certain things like Simone. I can see the point where the game is going to split though, I remember in Route A that the battle with the giant Goliath in the ocean was the point in which 2B and 9S split up so I really want to get that far to start playing some brand new content.

I must say I'm not too fond of the hacking in general combat. For regular enemies it randomises every time, so if you mess up you have to relearn how to do each of the parts. It's really good for damaging with 9S but I found myself taking more damage and having to use my healing items as a result so I just upgraded my weapons to cause more damage.

Finished Metroid Prime (Wii U) for the N-Europe Video Game club so I am going to focus on playing NieR as much as possible, but I may play Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC) alongside it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I had a pretty slow month due to me being in a bit of a slump at the tail end of February but it turns out I managed to finish 8 games, which is only 1 less than last month.

Two Crude Dudes (Switch)- This was a game I loved as a kid and i'd been waiting for its release on the Switch for a while now. The US got it last year and for some reason we've had to wait months for it to hit the eShop.

The game brought back some good memories but I don't think it's aged very well. The difficulty curve in the game is insane and I doubt I would have finished it if it wasn't for the fact that you can have unlimited continues. It makes sense that the difficulty is the way it is. These games were made to suck the money out of you in the arcades and that's exactly what it would have done back in the day.

Spoiler

Dy6UYOiU8AAB0QS.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4) - I harped on enough about this game in the official thread so i'll keep this short. What a game! This was a game that I had been waiting YEARS for and it didn't disappoint at all. It is a game very much made for the fans of the series in that if you were to play this without having followed the series from start to finish then you would't really have a clue what was going on and the story payoffs would have little to no effect on you. In a sense it's a big like Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much mostly fan service. This is certainly going to be up there for my GOTY.

Caveman Ninja (Switch) - Take everything that I said about Two Crude Dudes and apply it to this game. :D It's not as brutal as TCD but it can still be a punishing experience. I did like that there were branching pathways in the levels. This gave the game a bit of replay value which isn't a common thing in this genre of game.

Spoiler

Dy6U0E8U0AAJnIJ.jpg

New Super Luigi U Deluxe (Switch) - I got a lot more enjoyment out of this than I did NSMBUD. With that game you could fall asleep just playing the thing due to how easy and generic it was but with Super Luigi you do get a bit of challenge out of the game. I just love how fast paced and frantic it is. Only having a minute or so to clear the level and find the Star Coins can be very stressful but fun at the same time. I think because the levels are so short it's a great game for playing in handheld mode. You can do a few levels, put the system in sleep mode and then fire it up again later. It's very easy to dip in and out of it.

Spoiler

Dy_BG9yV4AEf-bP.jpg

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - This game had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years and i'm a bit gutted that I didn't get to it sooner because I really enjoyed the game. I was a big fan of the reboot and this is just like that but with more areas and better exploration. The story was pretty meh ( as it is in most Tomb Raider games ) but everything else about it I really enjoyed.

In the RotTB thread I mentioned that I actually preferred this over a couple of the Uncharted Games. The gameplay was varied enough to keep the whole thing entertaining and fun to play, whereas sometimes the Uncharted games can get too bogged down with combat encounters. It was certainly a surprise to feel the way I did because I LOVE the Uncharted series.
The platinum was a bit of a slog at times ( collectibles as far as the eye can see ) but the Score Attack mode really stood out to me and pushed me to master each of the stages. Having to finish the levels without dying, keeping a combo going or generally just being fast was a nice challenge that I appreciated.

The Playroom VR (PS4) - This is a game I started last year but I only play when my youngest nephews come over to visit. They love playing the co-op games where I have the headset on and they are either shouting things at me or helping me by controlling another character on screen. It's a fun little party game and one that you get completely free. It also is a kind of demo for the outstanding PSVR game Astro Bot would turn out later down the line. My nephews popped over this month and we all finished off the game and grabbed the platinum. They understand their uncle does love trophy hunting and they are eager to help. :D 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - After taking a brief form raiding tombs, I was back at it again with the sequel to RotTB. I ended up being disappointed with this game and it became a real slog to get through, so much so that I haven't bothered going for the platinum. I found the game far too slow and, at times, pretty boring. They seemed to have ditched most of the combat in favour of exploration and I think it leans far too heavily into the exploration side of things. Even when you do get some combat encounters the game really wants you to play it in a stealthy manner.

I did enjoy the story of the game. I think it had more heart than the previous games in the reboot trilogy and you see Lara grow as a person through it all. Still, it doesn't make up for the boring gameplay in the game.

It's a shame that the series seems to have ended on such a low point. To started off well and I think RotTB would have done much better if S-E had ballsed up making it exclusive for a year. I think that done damage to the franchise and then this third game seemed to have been the final nail in the coffin. Again, I think S-E cocked up with the release of this as well, as it launched the game in a stupidly packed period of the year. I think it will be a while before we see another mainline Tomb Raider game.

Luigi's Mansion (3DS) - During a recent 3DS spending spree I picked up this. I wasn't going to play it straight away but I figured it's a short game that I could knock out in a day or two...I was wrong. The main game itself only takes a few hours to finish and that certainly was the case here but what I found was that the cheeky people over at Grezzo had added achievements to the game. Me being the nutter that I am I decided to try and unlock all of these. What started off as a 4-5 hour game ended up being an adventure that took 5 play throughs and 32 hours of gaming to finally complete the game 100%. There were some challenges during this time, especially trying to get the platinum frames on each of the ghosts. There was one ghost that pretty much took me a week of playing on and off, resetting the game and restarting, until I finally caught the thing.

This is another example of achievements/trophies adding something to a game. Whenever the conversation comes up about such things you often hear people kicking off saying how they don't want them in their games. For people like that they can simply ignore these things but for people who do like them, like myself, they can add something more to a game. I got an insane amount of replay value out of this thanks to them being included and i'm happy that Grezzo decided to put them in.

It's funny, last month I was playing a horror game ( Resident Evil 2 ) that I went through so many times that I ended up remembering the layout of each area. This month I have played a cartoony horror game that I went through so many times that I learnt the layout of the mansion like the back of my hand. What is even more hilarious is that both games feature keys that have emblems of a Heart, Spade, Diamond and Club engraved on them. :D 

Spoiler

D0cV2meU0AArgUh.jpg

That's February over and done with. Lets see what March brings...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been putting this off long enough...

485e213f227eeda3a16653991de30c95.jpg

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster is a "does exactly what it says on the tin" remaster of the PS2 title, Final Fantasy X, which came out in 2002. It's a turn-based RPG made by SquareSoft (Now known as Square Enix). The HD remaster came out for the PS3 and the PS Vita in 2014. But I played the PC version which came out 2 years later.

The game follows Tidus, a famous Blitzball player from the city of Zanarkand who's about to compete in a Blitzball tournament only to have the city attacked by a giant creature called Sin. After fighting alongside a mysterious man called Auron, it all goes tits up and the two get abducted by Sin to a strange world called Spira.
Tidus is rescued by a woman called Rikku who informs Tidus that Zanarkand was destroyed 1,000 years ago. Tidus gets attacked by Sin again (Sin's kind of a massive jerk like that) and washes up on the Island of Besaid. Here, he meets a whole host of characters, including Yuna, a woman who has been tasked with going on a pilgrimage to obtain a "Final Aeon" and defeat Sin. Tidus decides to join Yuna in the hopes of getting back to Zanarkand.

I'm not really sure what to make of this story. It's good... I think? It certainly has some nice ideas, but I do have a few questions. Not that that's a bad thing, a good story does leave some aspects up to interpretation, but I kinda wanted more out of it.

Spoiler

OK, so to all of you who've played this game, is it ever explained exactly how Auron managed to time travel back to 1,000 years ago Zanarkand to meet Tidus and then time travel back to Yuna's time? Why is Tidus' dad, Jecht, Sin in Tidus' time? I assumed it was Sin that's causing the Time travel shenanigans, but wasn't Jecht in that pilgrimage from 10 years before Yuna's?

So if I'm getting this right, Tidus believed that Jecht died 10 years before the game starts, which means...

1. Tidus is born
  2. Jecht somehow manages to time travel to Spira 1,000 years into the future.
  3. He goes on the pilgrimage with Auron and that other bloke to defeat Sin.
  4. It goes wrong and Jecht becomes Sin.
  5. Auron goes back to Tidus' time. And so does Sin.
  6. Final Fantasy X starts.

Did I miss something in the game that explained this? Because this makes no sense.

Apart from that weirdness in the spoiler tag, I did enjoy the plot in this game, it's helped by surprisingly decent voice acting from most of the cast. Back in 2002, voice acting in video games was more miss than hit, so I was a bit apprehensive starting Final Fantasy X knowing that it was the first Final Fantasy game to have fully voice acted cutscenes, but the cast do a great job. It won't blow you away, (except Jon DiMaggio as Wakka, who is an utter joy to listen to, but then again, he voiced Bender from Futurama. And I just learned he also voiced Kimahri, which shows amazing range!) but it's certainly servicable.
Well, OK, apart from Yuna, who I honestly thinks sounds drunk throughout the whole game. Well either that, or she's totally high. She ended up making a lot of the scenes unintentionally funny, which is fine by me.

Compared to previous Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy X plays remarkably differently. It still has random encounters and turn based battles, and stuff. But it drops the ATB system that's been present in the past 6 games. Instead battles take a far more traditional approach with time stopping whenever one of your party members turn comes around.

ffxhdreview-spot2.jpg

If you look at the right of the above screenshot, you can see the upcoming turn order, this lets you effectively plan ahead. As well as this, certain attacks and abilities can influence the upcoming turn order. You're also free to switch party members on the fly, letting you choose the perfect character for the enemy you're facing.
This game also does away with the traditional way of levelling up, instead of normal stat boosts, winning in battles nets you sphere levels which you can use to travel around a "sphere grid"

424999906.jpg

It felt a bit intimidating when the game introduced this to me, but in all honesty, it's pretty easy to get to grips with. As you move around the board, you unlock these spheres and get stat boosts or new abilities. It's the main way of getting stronger and it works pretty well. Later on, you can get some special spheres that can let party members jump around the board and learn some skills meant for other characters. So you could make Yuna, who's normally a White Mage, a bulky tank instead, if you want.

There's also an extensive mini game called Blitzball, but I tried the tutorial and it's the most confusing load of nonsense I've ever seen in a game. I don't know if the game is genuinely way too complicated or if the tutorial does a poor job of telling you how it works (It's probably both). Thankfully, you don't ever need to excel in it to progress, so I didn't bother.

Anyway, it's time to moan about my favourite thing to moan about in Final Fantasy games after the 7th entry...

WavyObedientAmericancicada-size_restrict

Oh, OK, sure. Screw you then.

Yep, if you want to get the best swag for your party, you're going to have to jump through a ridiculous amount of obscure and downright stupid hoops. Take the GIF above, you're supposed to dodge that lightning bolt... 200 times... in a row... And that gets you half of the things you need to get one weapon for one character.
You're damn right I didn't bother!
I've just given up on getting nice stuff in Final Fantasy games at this point now.

BsT.gif

Accurate depiction of me and Final Fantasy secrets.

Final Fantasy X also pulls a controversial move and gets rid of the traditional world map and opts for a more linear progression. I can live with this. It was no doubt done because it was just unreasonable to develop a grand world map for a Final Fantasy that looked as good at this, concessions had to be made and the World Map was the unfortunate victim of this.

The HD remaster also includes a number of assist options for lazy sods who don't actually want to play the game, you have various options such as giving you max money and other cheaty things. There's even an option to speed up the game, much like Bravely Default, which is great when you want to spend some time grinding.

Graphics wise, the game looks fine, as the title suggests, it's got a nice shiny HD lick of paint and the game looks nice. It's still a PS2 game in heart, so it's not gonna compare to modern games these days, but it's certainly nice on the eyes. It's also got widescreen support, which is very much appreciated.

The game also has the option of using the original soundtrack or a new rearrangement. This new rearrangement is kinda inconsistent in it's quality. Some songs are better than the original while some are not as good. Oh well, at least they tried, I suppose.

But all in all, Final Fantasy X HD Remaster is a competent remaster of a pretty fun RPG, nowhere near my favourite Final Fantasy, but I enjoyed my time with it. It's coming out for the Switch and XBox One in April, so yeah. It's gonna be a good time to give it a go soon if you're interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

VA-11 HALL-A done, Platinum get.

Interesting little "game". It's pretty much a book with one very simple "gameplay" mechanic, i.e. mixing drinks (nothing more than finding the recipe and following it). The writing is exceptionally good. Great characters, nice story. If you like visual novels, give this one a chance. (If you want the Platinum, follow a spoiler free guide, unless you want to play the game over and over again)

Spoiler

Finished/Completed

• VA-11 HALL-A (PSVITA) IDbttgi.gif - February

Currently Playing

Abandoned

• Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - overall a bland and unnecessarily tedious game

Started playing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on my Vita. According to the save file I'm at 54% completion. 
So far it's a pretty fun platformer with some exploration. Pretty easy, though. But I'm still enjoying it. Nice to play with some YouTube stuff in the background.

Sky Force Reloaded is getting quite tough. I've reached the final (regular) level and the boss is kicking my ass. Looks like I have to grind for more upgrades. Not sure if I'll immediately go for the Platinum once I finish the "story", especially since I'll borrow the Spyro Trilogy from a mate tomorrow. :D 

Spoiler

Currently Playing

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PSVita)

Finished/Completed

Platinum trophies I might get

Abandoned

Just beaten Route B on NieR: Automata (PS4) and I really am starting to think more than Square Enix were copying MonolithSoft's homework with this game as it's more like Xenoblade X than I thought.

So, erm, all of the human race is dead? Then, what exactly is YoRHA fighting for if there are no humans to save? All these androids are being given false impressions and they even fire supplies to the moon to continue the lie that they are perpetuating? No wonder A2 betrayed the whole thing. Is it like Xenoblade X where the characters have basically all become robots and there is no real way to get their real bodies back?

Then you beat the final boss for a second time and... it was seemingly only a small chapter in the grander tale:

I wasn't too keen on 9S' route, it was basically a slightly abridged version of Route A with many of the same bosses only now with additional hacking, but the fact that they hide such a game changing twist in this route is certainly interesting, you could end up just doing Route A and come away with a rather basic impression of the plot but would have no idea what the real plot is because they drop a lot of new information when you play as 9S. A curious way to design a game.

Also, following the Sword and Shield announcement I'm back on Pokemon SoulSilver (DS) in an attempt to fill my Pokedex a bit more. Made quite a bit of progress actually and I am in the process of breeding for the baby Pokemon I don't have.

Edited by GenericAperson

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero complete and Platinum get.
Quite the fun little platformer. But the more Metroidvanias I play, the less I seem to like them. Here's hoping Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be able to rekindle my love for the genre.

Anyway, on to Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Borrowed it from a mate and started playing yesterday. What a wonderful remake :) 

Spoiler

Currently Playing

• Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4)

Finished/Completed

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif - March

Platinum trophies I might get/games on hiatus

Abandoned

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Made some more progress with Spyro the Dragon. It's such a lovely game and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Currently in the second world, trying to 100% every level from the start. It's not particularly difficult, but the levels where you have to fly and get all the objectives in one go can be a little tricky if you don't know the best route. If you do, however, they're piss easy :D 

Can't wait to spend some more time with it on Sunday :) 

The last two evenings, while the Champions and Euro League were on TV in the background, I played a little game called Devious Dungeon on my Vita. I got this for 4 bucks quite some time ago. Without any research aside from looking at the screenshots I decided to just get it.
Almost done with it (including the Platinum) and what can I say...it sucks :laughing: It runs like shit on the Vita, which is surprising given how the pixelated graphics aren't even good; the gameplay is boring...run around trying to find a key, kill enemies (you only have one button to attack; no variation whatsoever), find the exit, rinse repeat. There's a rogue-like element (you get coins every run to buy upgrades) but even that is so barebones it's ridiculous.
Anyway, will power through this sometime over the weekend and immediately delete it after I'm done.

So was it worth the 4€? Fuck no!
Will I play the PS4 version to get another Platinum (it's cross-buy with separate trophy lists)? Fuck no! :D 
At least it'll be gone from my backlog. ::shrug: 

Edit: Devious Dungeon done and forgotten. :laughing: 

Spoiler

Currently Playing

• Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4)

Finished/Completed

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif - March
  • Devious Dungeon (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif - March

Platinum trophies I might get/games on hiatus

Abandoned