NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

MERRY CHRISTMAAAAASSSS!

Merry Christmas N-E! What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

I know I've got a PS4 slim with Bloodborne and Infamous: Second Son and I don't need anything else, haha.

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas!

Please enjoy my Christmas card from this year.5f9355f7867952e6e2c6538cb3ff3f40.jpg

• Like 1

I already know a few things I'm getting this year, but most is a mystery. So far, I know:

Some jeans from my parents that I asked for:

183532a.jpg?sfrm=png

Lego Star Wars advent calendar from Maddie's Mum (Kind of had to know about this one early really):

75213?$main$

And I have a suspicion that someone has bought me some Lego from my wish list, which basically narrows it down to either the Lego BMW GS or Rey's Speeder. Apparently someone else has got me Lego too, but god knows what that'll end up being.

Edited by Goafer

Just had my first set of my 3 week long Birthmas (My birthday is always a week before Christmas and 2 weeks before New Year Day) Got a new watch (Sekonda Midnight Blue), 5 10x pack of my fave drink, a shedload of money, God of War. I know I'll get Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition on Christmas Day. 

Seems I got a cold for this Christmas 🙃

All I've asked for from my family is some cheap (but apparently good) wireless headphones. 

Housemate has got me something but we're exchanging presents during his brief return from Spain before he goes to America. 

Partner got me a wooden forest animal advent calendar thing and I'm assuming I'll get something else when I see them for New Year. 

I just kind of want it to be over. The family part is going to be grueling. I'm going to take my switch and I can see myself hiding in my room playing Pokémon like I'm a child again.

• Like 2

I have had some awesome gifts so far. I genuinely didn't expect them either.

From my one manager, I got money (which is always my favorite) and Boxing Day off of work, which is awesome.

My other manager says she's bought me a bottle of JD but I'm not to tell the other staff.

I also have my secret Santa gift that I don't know about until later today.

I got Solo: A Star Wars Story on DVD from my best friend. It's the only one I don't have and the only one I haven't seen, funnily enough.

I also got a bespoke Beast plush from my other best friend. I really love it even though I'm 28, haha. He's chilling at the foot of my bed.

Tomorrow, I know I have a PS4 slim with some games. I was going to buy myself a PS4 when my parents offered to buy it. It's extremely kind of them. My Mom and Dad said they've got something I don't know about that's a joint gift.

I've been truly spoilt this year.e168342e5d7f5f7fb4a1057a5cb3dce8.jpg

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

• Like 1

Merry Christmas! Off to spend it with my girlfriend and her family. We already had our own little one just the two of us, with Christmas dinner and a little present.

I'm hoping for lots of board game stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 21/12/2018 at 11:10 PM, BowserBasher said:

Hope to get a new Apple Watch as I’m still using my series 0. 

I knew you'd do some kind of Fresh Gif, @S.C.G

Wait... YOU'RE NOT S.C.G!

Also, thanks @Animal for teaching me that the Beast's name is Dazz. Good to know.

Anyway, I literally know nothing about my upcoming gifts. Except that @Dcubed has probably got me another gift along the impeccable quality of "Imagine: Girl Band" on the DS.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I knew you'd do some kind of Fresh Gif, [mention=521]S.C.G[/mention]
Wait... YOU'RE NOT S.C.G!
Also, thanks [mention=3591]Animal[/mention] for teaching me that the Beast's name is Dazz. Good to know.
Anyway, I literally know nothing about my upcoming gifts. Except that [mention=883]Dcubed[/mention] has probably got me another gift along the impeccable quality of "Imagine: Girl Band" on the DS.

And don't you ever forget it ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Happy Christmas everyone!

I got a few games this year:

Dragon Quest XI

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas, N-E!

It's been a busy time. We had a Christmas play to put on in school, which was attended by well over 200 parents. The children did an amazing job, possibly our best ever and we received tons of amazing feedback as a result of it! A week later, I took a small group of pupils over to a nursing home to sing some songs from the play and a few carols, too. Oldest resident there was 103 years old, which is pretty good going! There's talk of expanding the play to make it bigger next year, like opening it up so that people from the public can come and view it. I've run the last 6 or so and they've just got better and better each time. Huge achievement, considering that we only really had three weeks to put it together as the school was inspected in November!

We did our annual Christmas meal and swapped our gifts before going to Belgium, which is where we are at the moment. @Eenuh got me some aftershaves, which were pretty much what I wanted. Some new smells, too! Also received an awesome Smashing Pumpkins poster which features lyrics from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Gonna buy a frame for it to go up in one of the rooms! Also got Spider-Man for PS4, so I'm looking forward to giving that a playthrough at some point.

Aside from that, I got lots of chocolates and alcohol from my class and others within the Junior School. So, it's been a lovely month or so. It's crazy how quick it all goes, though.

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Was a bit different for me this year, we went to my brother's house for dinner which was really nice and some of my brother's girlfriend's family were there too. 

My parents bought me Smash Bros. & FIFA 19 for Switch and a jumper and I got a blu ray and some t-shirts from my brothers. Much more muted than I thought it would be but it was a really good day.

Merry Christmas N-Europers! Hope you've all had a great day. My partner and I are at my parents with extended family visiting on both Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Being with my niece and nephew all day was fun but exhausting (I don't have kids). I got no gaming-related gifts but we got a Le Creuset casserole dish from my mum and dad (rock and roll, but then I am in my 40s and love cooking). 

A bit late, but I hope everyone had a great Christmas! 

My birthday was on Christmas Eve, so I never know what to ask for for Christmas ::shrug: I just ended up with a lot of cash this time around — the worst thing about getting older is definitely that I didn’t know what to ask for for my birthday, either, so I ended up with some cash for that too :laughing:

First thing to attend to was a small raid of the PlayStation Store’s Christmas Sale, in which I picked up:

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

LIMBO_game.png

unfinishedswan530pxheaderimg1512.jpg&cli

31543270498_2c188607da_b.jpg

I’d been waiting for a sale on The City That Never Sleeps DLC; LIMBO and The Unfinished Swan cost me a bit over £5 between them, which is a steal for games I’ve been interested in for a while; and I mainly picked up Requiem for Symphony of the Night, which has been on my radar ever since I got more into gaming, and I can’t wait to check it and Rondo of Blood out. I also picked up FIFA 19, as it was 50% off, just as something I can play mindlessly when I feel like I need something along those lines. 

I also have a few games that I ordered which are on the way, though I don’t expect them to turn up for a week or so: — which gives me ample time for me to finish off Dragon Quest VIII and NieR: Automata before the end of the year :D 

51N9dZ9vRkL._SX385_.jpg

61CivymScjL.jpg

The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-2.jpg

title.jpg

I’ve been wanting to play Chrono Trigger for a while now, but the price for the DS version was always a bit too high every time that I checked (somewhere between £60 and £100 for the UK release with everything included) — I spotted that it was only £40 on CeX and that it was back in stock, so that’s on the way. Think that’ll be my first game of 2019 :D Persona 5 is something that I’ve wanted to pick up for a while now, as I’m loving what I’ve played of JRPGs so far, and I found it on sale for only £20; even if I don’t get to it for a month or two, it’s nice to know that I got it on sale and I can start whenever I like. The Last of Us Remastered (without the strange-looking PlayStation Hits strip) I’m picking up as I mostly enjoyed my playthrough of the Nathan Drake Collection a few months ago, and wanted to see where Naughty Dog went next. Oh, and people keep claiming that it’s one of the best games of all time, too :laughing: and, finally, I picked up Yakuza 0 after reading nothing but good things about the series here, hearing good things about it in podcasts and in YouTube videos, and plus, I had a great time with Shenmue I & II, so I want to see what SEGA’s spiritual successor to the series was like. 

Honestly, the early months of 2019 were lining up to be pretty empty for me in terms of new releases — I haven’t played any of the Kingdom Hearts games, so would feel lost jumping in with KH3; though I want to check out the Resident Evil series, and hence 2 Remake at some point, I haven't played a horror game before; and, to put it simply, I have other games that I really want to dive into from my list of games that I want to play, that I’ve been interested in for longer, and are (generally) a lower price.

I also have one eye on the price of the SNES Classic in the coming days — a good chunk of the games that I want to play are from the era, and though I have played a few on 3DS Virtual Console, it felt a bit strange to me, so I’d like to try playing them on the TV. Plus: Final Fantasy VI :D 

So, yeah. I guess these are the games I’ll be playing for the first few months of 2019 :p oh, and I also got some clothes and films :bouncy:

Hope everyone has a good, fun — and safe — end to the year! :) 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

My gifts. I'm in love with the PS4! I've bought PSPlus and I'm so shocked with the bargs on the store. I'm going to wait for God of War but I have my eye on a few so I'm going to get a £20wallet tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all. If anyone wants to add me, it's AnarchicAnimald21e914c82b2f9e80a16a19bd9a85c54.jpg

• Like 1

This from the missus

81rtB14nWxL._SL1500_.jpg

Some nice Jean Paul G and a Venom t-shirt from Daddy,

Glitter lamp from step sisters/brother in law

Some random beers from the partner I worked for during the maternity cover.

Few other bits, a rather quiet Christmas as they go.

I was 100% busy for the past week or so, so I didn't show up on time...

But regardless, I hope every single one of your Christmases went swimmingly.

Righto, time to remember what I got. Ummmm...

I got physical copies of Miitopia as well as Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers, which I'm well chuffed about.

100 quid worth of eShop vouchers. I used them to get the Xenoblade 2 DLC, a Wonder Boy and Monster Boy double combo, Undertale and SEGA AGES Phantasy Star.

Chocolate, naturally. Including a large tube of pink Smarties. It's totally Christmassy, because it has a cartoon penguin lazily slapped on the packaging.

A bunch of clothing. Including 2 Boo shirts. One modern and one with retro Boos. Now I can dress for any occasion!

@Ugh first aid also got me a Lego (But not actual Lego, mind) style buildable figurine of Kecleon. No, I have no idea what kind of audience that's aimed for, but I guess I'm part of that.

Although, she ruined that by getting me nightmares in physical form. A creepy elf doll with a pervy looking face and legs so long, they make Bayonetta look short. So yeah, thanks for ruining Christmas.

Edited by Glen-i

On 12/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, Animal said:

My gifts. I'm in love with the PS4! I've bought PSPlus and I'm so shocked with the bargs on the store. I'm going to wait for God of War but I have my eye on a few so I'm going to get a £20wallet tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all. If anyone wants to add me, it's AnarchicAnimal

Will add you later my dear :)

Edited by nightwolf
  • Like 1

Will add you later my dear
Yaaaaaay! I've been rotting on Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X and shareplaying Until Dawn with my mate!

My Christmas Haul:

Funnily enough no games this year, or anything game related at all.

I did get a Raspberry Pi, which I asked for.. And a great suprise I didn't specifically ask for.

christmas_haul.png

The Paul Rudd action figure! Here's he's kidnapping one of the Lego minifigures I bought for Sinterklaas. The Pi is operational and is the white thing in the background.

Sign in to follow this