NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

34 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And the winner of worst Sportsmanship goes to @Sprout!

I expect better from you.

It was a callback. (2:36 if it doesn't embed properly).

I expect better from you(r memory).

Edited by Sprout
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sprout said:

It was a callback. (2:56 if it doesn't embed properly).

I expect better from you(r memory).

Fair enough. I forgive you. This time

Man, that Smash 4 UI is nowhere near as slick as Ultimate's.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Just wanna give my thumbs up on your tweaks there, @RedShell

And I just wanna say I hate them. Lol. But they are so funny. 
Great matches @Glen-i and @RedShell  some great moments and some not so great moments. 

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Just wanna give my thumbs up on your tweaks there, @RedShell

14 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

And I just wanna say I hate them. Lol. But they are so funny. 

Thanks. :) 

I was only planning to fix the camping spots on Great Smash Ball (which was just a simple case of moving the top 2 cannons slightly) but then I got carried away (as is often the case when using stage builder :hehe:) and made a few more changes. First I added a mild wind to slowly push any characters on the ice towards the cannons, then I noticed it was also sliding the items and they were all accumulating on the sides. So to fix that I cut a small section from each side and placed a couple of warp spots to bring any lost items back into the stage via the Smash Ball itself! :cool: 

I didn’t predict the possibility of some items going through a loop though, like what happened with that Green Shell yesterday! :laughing: 

Anyway, cheers for the games and for enduring my custom stages. :D

:peace:

• Haha 2

A while back, the idea of themed nights was suggested and I thought it'd be a great idea.

So after every stamina format, I'm gonna throw a themed night at you. I'm gonna start this off with a pretty straightforward one.

Let's play Smash 64!

Format: Stock (3 Lives, 10 minutes)

FS Meter: Off

Characters: Restricted (Choosing Random is not allowed)

Spoiler

Super_Smash_Select.png

Luckily, all 12 of these characters are on the top row of Ultimate's character select screen (Assuming you don't stack echo fighters like a monster). So no excuses. And no choosing Dark Samus! You're not clever.

Stages: Restricted (Please select Random)

Spoiler

Battlefield

Final Destination

Peach's Castle

Kongo Jungle

Hyrule Castle

Super Happy Tree

Dream Land

Saffron City

Mushroom Kingdom

Corneria (Yes, I know that one is from Melee, but it's the same basic layout as the Starfox stage from the original game. So there!)

Custom Stages: Yes, but only because I have a stage that fits this theme, I'll have to ask the rest of you to not use custom stages. Sorry.

Spoiler

nvmbpbO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Medium rate was chosen over my usual choice of low because that was the default rate in Smash 64.

And unfortunately, I can't limit which Pokémon can appear from Poké Balls, so you'll have to just accept that some Pokémon are gonna be time travelling tonight.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Interesting theme. I’m guessing we can change characters as often as we like through the session. 

25 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Interesting theme. I’m guessing we can change characters as often as we like through the session. 

Yeah, that's fine.

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Custom Stages: Yes, but only because I have a stage that fits this theme, I'll have to ask the rest of you to not use custom stages. Sorry.

Shame you didn't divulge the theme earlier, as I would've prepared something for it.
Or perhaps that's exactly why you didn't. :heh:

Anyway, catch you lot later on for some...

Superrrrrrr Smaaaaaaash Brotherrrrrrrs! :bouncy:

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Shame you didn't divulge the theme earlier, as I would've prepared something for it.
Or perhaps that's exactly why you didn't. :heh:

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time then.

Anyway, just tested the Random Stage Selection and it does get taken into account online!

So I'd like everyone joining tonight to set their stage to Random. The game will automatically choose a stage from my list.

Room's open.

To prevent people who are unaware of tonight's restrictions, I've put a password in place.

It's 1587.

Honestly, that Captain Falcon match alone has enough gold in it!

Might have to bust out the video editing feature again!

• Weird 1

Great fun times. I’m so glad everyone decided to pick Falcon for that match. Had some sweet wins myself tonight. 

The Falcon Punch match kinda makes me want a single move mode where you only have your neutral B move to use. Falcon Punch to the moon. 

No-one's ever gonna believe us that that was randomly picked!

• Haha 1

Great games again and yeah I couldn’t believe that picked that one for random match at the end there. Never in a million years could we get it to do it again.
Also sorry I had to dash at the end. Friend had some decent turnip prices and I only had 10 minutes to get them,  lol. 

That match from last night. I’m still amazed that this was picked randomly by the game. I feel a tradition may arise from this though. 1 Falcon Puuuunch match per Thursday. Lol

Also @Glen-i I had to put that but at the end. 

Edited by BowserBasher