NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@BowserBasher, you're getting the hang of Bayo's Side B combo, but remember to put in another side B after you hit with her Up B.

Thanks. I always wanted her in WiiU but never bought the DLC. So really trying to get to grips with her. And dang that finish on WiiFit stage was so awesome. 

Holy crap, that Samus V Young Link match was amazing!

I'm done for the night, thanks for the games, everyone!

• Like 1

Thanks for the games tonight @Glen-i @RedShell and @BowserBasher those were some really good matches. :D

That match up at the end of Samus Vs Young Link was certainly something, it's as if the perfect characters got picked by random for once, made for a really good match. :peace:

It really couldn't have been closer, just a bomb or a sword spin and it could have gone either way. :grin:

• Thanks 2

Yeah, cheers for the games last night. I was absolutely cracking up during one of the earlier fights against @Glen-i (he was Zelda and I was Dr. Mario) where I managed to fluke 2 fully charged Home-Run Bat hits (one of which was completely blind) from the secret area of my custom Pikmin stage! :laughing: 150 HP to KO in an instant. :D 

*EDIT*

That moment:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 2

A couple of highlights from this weeks games. First is just a small collection of some stuff I enjoyed including the great ending to the Bayonetta/Little Mac\Ridley match

And here is that match from that custom stage PK FIRE, PK FIRE!!

• Haha 3

OK, Time Matches this week. I'll probably open the room at 9:15, but I won't be able to join in straight away. Got carried away playing Hyrule Warriors and haven't had dinner yet.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Are there post-MK Smash shenanigans tonight?

Yep. See my last post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

OK, Time Matches this week. I'll probably open the room at 9:15, but I won't be able to join in straight away. Got carried away playing Hyrule Warriors and haven't had dinner yet.

Let us know when you’re actually ready to join, save me from staring at an empty boxing ring. :heh: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Let us know when you’re actually ready to join, save me from staring at an empty boxing ring. :heh: 

It's not empty if you're in it.

• Haha 1

Room's open and I'm still eating.

And I totally didn't post that in the MK League thread.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the few games @RedShell @Glen-i And @Vileplume2000  wasn’t my best form but had fun and got s few good hits in. The DK double smash KO was nice. The last game with Glen-i was nice and close. I seem to be pretty good with Ryu. You must have won that by less than a second as you were about to fall to your death when time ran out. 

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks for the few games @RedShell @Glen-i And @Vileplume2000  wasn’t my best form but had fun and got s few good hits in. The DK double smash KO was nice. The last game with Glen-i was nice and close. I seem to be pretty good with Ryu. You must have won that by less than a second as you were about to fall to your death when time ran out. 

Yeah, I was pretty jammy there. It would have gone to Sudden Death if there was one more second.

Ryu's a nice solid character with good flow to his attacks. It's easy to connect some combos with a bit of practice.

He gets a lot more dangerous if you learn the Street Fighter inputs. It also makes him (and Ken) stand out more as the optimal gameplay style feels quite different to other characters.

He was definitely my surprise hit of Smash 4's DLC. I was initially thinking he'd be boring, but once I learned how to do a Quarter Circle input, he became a lot of fun for me.

Thanks for the games.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Something went very wrong with the finishing attack zoom in there. It somehow thought I had lost despite you getting launched faster.

First time I ever saw that happen and I was just cracking up!

Ah yeah I remember that moment, and was quite baffled I saw Dark Samus in the victory screen!

Cheers for the games guys, I always love serving as punching bag for you. :grin:

I'm gonna hard reset my Switch, see if that helps with the connection.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Didn't realise you were that good with Wii Fit Trainer! Nicely done!

You give me too much credit. I did do quite well with her though. I’ve been impressed with my games tonight. I don’t like Snake but win that very laggy game.