Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm quite proud of my "Sick Air, Bro!" stage!

A moment of inspiration goes a long way!

I also made "Barrels of Doom" and "Demon's Gate" (That's the one with the moving death wall)

 

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Oy! I also helped make that one! I made it WAAAYYY better!

They’re great, super imaginative. :cool: 

This is so much fun, it’s just a shame the character/stage selection process is so crappy on battle arena. :hmm: 

  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, I made SMAAALLLL!!!!, The Ladder and KuruKuruKururin! (I also co-designed Demon's Gate)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Who designed the fire smash logo stage? That’s just insane. 

Guilty. :D 

Anyway, that’s it for me. Cheers for the games everyone! :bowdown:

  • Like 1
  • Weird 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Glen-i, I'm not sure why, but you always seem to be involved in the most entertaining Smash Bros. moments. :D Here's my new favourite from last night's insanity:

Joker's "recovery" pleases Baby Face immensely. :laughing: 

Not sure if anyone noticed (it was hard to keep track of everything that was going on :hehe:) but it is actually still possible to grab that ledge and recover, you need to not try though. ;) So yeah, up B won't work.

  • Weird 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Not sure if anyone noticed (it was hard to keep track of everything that was going on :hehe:) but it is actually still possible to grab that ledge and recover, you need to not try though. ;) So yeah, up B won't work.

I noticed! :D

I even managed to recover a few times I believe, before being chucked, slashed or beaten back off the edge again. :laughing:

Those were some really hilarious stages in the mix last night I thought, so well done to all involved in stage creation. :)

I didn't have time to make any but I did dablle quickly with the stage editor when I left last night just after 11PM or so... I was too tired to make any sense of it though.

@RedShell how did you make the background elements such as BabyFace etc? Is it easier to make square pixels for the background than it is for the actual stage?

Also, is it easier generally to make these stages in portable mode or with a controller? I was thinking that for making straight lines my Hori pad might work better...

...maybe not though, it depends on how the d-pad is configured, either way, I do intend to have a go at stage building as I have a few ideas. :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the games everyone, you made my first time playing as a Persona character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate truly memorable... and that's no joke! ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

how did you make the background elements such as BabyFace etc?

Is it easier to make square pixels for the background than it is for the actual stage?

Also, is it easier generally to make these stages in portable mode or with a controller? I was thinking that for making straight lines my Hori pad might work better...

It’s not possible to make square pixels that match the editors grid, as they’re too small and therefore  won’t be drawn. So for the Baby Face (and anything that requires pixel art) I just double the size of each pixel, which is then 4 squares on the grid.

There’s no difference whichever layer you work on, they all handle the same. Also if you ever draw something on the wrong one, it’s possible to move it between the layers, which is a very handy feature.

For me it’s definitely better to use the touch screen. Oh and don’t worry about straight lines, when the grid is enabled (- button) they’re easily done. I believe you can also toggle a straight line option with the shoulder buttons too.

Looking forward to seeing your stages! :) 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RedShell said:

@Glen-i, I'm not sure why, but you always seem to be involved in the most entertaining Smash Bros. moments. :D Here's my new favourite from last night's insanity:

Tragedy follows me like a Hocotate Bomb. And Tragedy plus Time equals Comedy. (Although it seems to work just as well in Stock and Stamina)

Anyway, I was all ready to show off some replays with the new sharing feature and the awesome edit video feature, but it turns out that replays on custom stages can't do either...

That's upsetting...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedShell said:

It’s not possible to make square pixels that match the editors grid, as they’re too small and therefore  won’t be drawn. So for the Baby Face (and anything that requires pixel art) I just double the size of each pixel, which is then 4 squares on the grid.

There’s no difference whichever layer you work on, they all handle the same. Also if you ever draw something on the wrong one, it’s possible to move it between the layers, which is a very handy feature.

For me it’s definitely better to use the touch screen. Oh and don’t worry about straight lines, when the grid is enabled (- button) they’re easily done. I believe you can also toggle a straight line option with the shoulder buttons too.

Looking forward to seeing your stages! :) 

You hold down the shoulder buttons while you draw; gives you a perfectly straight line if you do :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Tragedy follows me like a Hocotate Bomb. And Tragedy plus Time equals Comedy. (Although it seems to work just as well in Stock and Stamina)

Anyway, I was all ready to show off some replays with the new sharing feature and the awesome edit video feature, but it turns out that replays on custom stages can't do either...

That's upsetting...

I can fix that for you...

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... There's plenty of bonus videos from normal stages too that @Glen-i has been too lazy to post himself as well; so I did that for him too...

 

...  YOU'RE BLOODY WELCOME!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any interest in another custom stage Smash session, today at 8pm? :hehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Any interest in another custom stage Smash session, today at 8pm? :hehe:

I'd be up for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'd be up for that.

Cool. I’ll be sure to actually have a custom stage selected from the start this time. :woops:

Heads up for anyone that joins, make sure you have a custom stage set as your preferred choice in the battle arena! I (and a few others) didn’t realise this on Thursday, so we kept getting the odd regular stage at times.

I’ve also since realised that it’s possible the choose random from within the custom stage section, so that’s probably the best choice as it’s means no need to leave the ring to select a different stage.

Not sure what the options are if a player doesn’t have any custom stages saved. :blank: Hopefully in that case it’s still possible to choose random and have it load up a custom stage from someone else.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’ve also since realised that it’s possible the choose random from within the custom stage section, so that’s probably the best choice as it’s means no need to leave the ring to select a different stage.

Wait, does that actually only select out of the players Custom Stage list? I'm gonna have to test that...

EDIT: Seems that it does! That's perfect!

So here's a quick how-to on the best way to get some varied custom stage action going in an online arena with minimal leaving of battles.

D4mQ4pEUIAAhAIE.jpg

Make sure you select the blue square. The orange one is character choice.

D4mQ_NYUUAE0_3_.jpg

It has to be the random choice in the "Custom" stage tab

Of course, you need to actually have some custom stages in the first place. So you should create some or download some others.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to skip this one out. I'm not home tonight :(. But i'd be up for some more on sunday or monday if anyone wanna continue the smash streak :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I'm gonna open a room, I'll keep it to Time because Time works best with hilarious custom stages where you can die very suddenly.

Fair warning, @RedShell A couple of my stages don't work quite as well when played with only 2 people. (Demon's Gate is a prime example of that) So, if it's just us two and one of those stages show up, sorry in advance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 25M stage is great! I can only imagine how nuts it would be with 4 people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanna clarify that I definitely have my preference to random custom stage.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@Sméagol's GOOOOALLLL! stage works really well! Kudos!

Show some videos! I'll join in some other evening, I'm busy building! Also the CPUs don't know what to do with those custom stages! :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now