NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Yeah, he asked me to hold off on the theme night until next week, so I'm gonna jump to Time Format tonight. 8pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some absolutely bonkers matches going on tonight! Good games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Some great matches all round, a few X2 same character matches, and more than a few 'Toon LInk' moments... including one actually featuring Toon LInk.

My personal highlight has to be the Wario Sudden Death Bike K-O against Dark Samus at the 01:22:50 mark. :p

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (20/05/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Just sat and watched the stream, thanks @S.C.G. some great matches in there and some very funny moments. I'll see you all on the battlefield this coming weekend.

• Thanks 1

Right, I'm bored with Ultimate now...

Let's Play Smash for 3DS!

VBlPuxy.jpg

Remember a time when we thought this was a lot of characters? How quaint!

In case it wasn't obvious, this is almost every character that was in the fourth Smash installment, including the DLC ones.

There are some costume restrictions in place

Mario - No Wedding or Builder outfit
Link - Classic Tunic only
Yoshi - No crafted texture
Ike - Older versions only (Not the default style)

Yeah, nothing I can do about Zelda or Ganondorf, they'll just have to be incorrect.
Also, there is one character missing, Charizard. But with Pokémon Trainer absorbing it back into himself, I didn't include it in the screenshot.

If you really want to though, you can use Pokémon Trainer, but you'll have to restrict yourself to only using Charizard.

FxHlVQVaIAAFnAE?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FxHlVQYaEAADula?format=jpg&name=large

Yes, I know the S Flag is in Smash 4, but that item just extends games for too long.

Format: 3 Stock, 10 Minutes
FS Meter: Off

See you at 8pm.

• Thanks 3

TBH, I think the stage selection screen is more shocking than the character selection screen there! Is it really that small?

What stages are we missing from SSB 3DS? Pac Maze, Battlefield and FD spring to mind, but is there anything else?

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

TBH, I think the stage selection screen is more shocking than the character selection screen there! Is it really that small?

What stages are we missing from SSB 3DS? Pac Maze, Battlefield and FD spring to mind, but is there anything else?

It's just Pac Maze and Brawl's Flat Zone 2 (Although, that got absorbed into Flat Zone X). I don't know why you think Battlefield and FD aren't there though?

Compared to how shafted the WiiU selection got, 3DS made out like a bandit! Although, we should pour one out for Pac Maze, the better Pac Man stage by far!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

It's just Pac Maze and Brawl's Flat Zone 2 (Although, that got absorbed into Flat Zone X). I don't know why you think Battlefield and FD aren't there though?

I was thinking specifically about the 3DS versions of those stages, but I suppose you’re right in that we do have an equivalent here.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Compared to how shafted the WiiU selection got, 3DS made out like a bandit! Although, we should pour one out for Pac Maze, the better Pac Man stage by far!

Yeah, that’s very true.  If anything you would’ve thought that the Wii U stages would’ve been the easiest ones to transfer over since they would’ve needed the least work.

Ahh well.  Gotta save something for Super Smash Bros Ultimate Special I suppose!

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

I was thinking specifically about the 3DS versions of those stages, but I suppose you’re right in that we do have an equivalent here.

Ah, right. Fair point, but every iteration of Smash has changed the visuals of those stages, so no-one's exactly missing them.
The music's still available, so it's close enough.

Great theme night, would play again, We even got some X2 characters, with the same colour, even though it's not random, which is always fun.

Plenty of great moments, some "well, that happened!" and some really good matches overall.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (27/05/2023)

- - - - -

32 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

And @Glen-i. I would do that 100% again. And I would laugh about it every time.

For those of you looking in, let it be known that this man, is pure evil.
He's referring to what he did at 24:37 in the stream above. And what he did was nothing short of heinous!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

For those of you looking in, let it be known that this man, is pure evil.
He's referring to what he did at 24:37 in the stream above. And what he did was nothing short of heinous!

It’s still funny. And it gets funnier every time. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Great games, some very funny moments over VC and it seems that Piranha Plant is the real Sora after all.

• Haha 2

Not gonna lie, I feel a little dirty for my despicable Bowsercide on Mushroom Kingdom 2.

I just couldn't resist the stock advantage...

Sorry, @Ike. The stage was too perfect for it.

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not gonna lie, I feel a little dirty for my despicable Bowsercide on Mushroom Kingdom 2.

I just couldn't resist the stock advantage...

Sorry, @Ike. The stage was too perfect for it.

spider-man3-peter-parker.gif

• Haha 2

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (03/06/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

Some great mtaches overall, and we had more than a few X2 character match-ups, many of them with the same fighter colours.

The highlight has to be the X4 Sephiroth match though, all the same, and on one of the largest stages.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (10/06/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

Right, theme time. Bit of a lengthy title for this one. It's called...

Geez, Glen, Do You Even Know Anything!?

Fyz9bk4aUAEKXrL?format=jpg&name=large

All 3 Mii Fighters are also allowed tonight.

Inspired by the "I can't believe I overlooked the Wedding Mario amiibo" fiasco a couple of months ago, this theme acknowledges the various times I've had to be corrected on a theme. I've gone back through every theme I've done since the Sora new character night and found every character that I forgot about. Some more embarassing then others.

I don't know why I'm doing this, but here are the reasons for each character.

Spoiler

Mario - amiibo night - Somehow completely forgot the Wedding Mario amiibo existed!
Link, Young Link, and Toon Link - Halloween night - Forgot about the "Dark Link" costumes.
Fox and Wolf - Selfie Night - Didn't play Starlink, so wasn't aware it had a camera mode.
Lucina and Chrom - RPG Night - Blatantly bent the rules to include these two just to make @BowserBasher play 5 FE characters in a row.
Sonic - Rhythm Game Night - Asked Cube if Sonic ever appeared in a rhythm game, he had. It was Samba De Amigo.
Olimar - Selfie Night - Didn't realise Pikmin 3 Deluxe added a camera mode. To be fair, I only played the WiiU version.
Hero - Selfie Night - Forgot that the 3DS version of DQ8 had a camera mode, despite that one being the only version of that game I had played!
Mii Fighters - Various Nights - They don't show up on the Smashdown screen, that's not my fault!

There are costume restrictions in place.

Mario - Wedding outfit only
Link, Young Link and Toon Link - Dark Link costumes only
Hero - DQ8 versions only

The specific costumes are in the picture above, so you shouldn't have problems knowing which ones I'm talking about.

Fyz9begaIAImrcb?format=jpg&name=large

Fyz9becaEAIdIsz?format=jpg&name=large

Stages and items match the series the characters are from. I wanted to have the stages be ones I forgot about once, but that would only leave us with 4 stages, so decided against it.

Format - Stock, 5 minutes (Once forgot to tell people the shortened time limit on a theme night)
FS Meter - On

See you at 8!

Edited by Glen-i
Me messing up a post for this theme is just perfect, huh?
  • Thanks 2

The title for the Smash room could be...

"Glen, you sure about that?" ;)

(character limit permitting)

See you all online at 8pm. :peace:

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

The title for the Smash room could be...

Or just "Glen forgot..."

It's 22 characters long (including spaces), so yeah. Make of that what you will.