NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

It's turned into lag city, so I'm gonna try resetting my Switch.  Backsies soon!

Edited by Glen-i
Backsies? Backsies!? No-one is buying that, Dean!

Great games. Now and forever onwards I will always be using Wedding Mario just to remind @Glen-i of his failure in tonights planning.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Great games. Now and forever onwards I will always be using Wedding Mario just to remind @Glen-i of his failure in tonights planning.

Thanks for that, all 4 amiibo lists I checked, including Nintendo's own one!

EDIT: A pity @Sprout could only make it for the very last match of the night, I've somewhat missed the sheer panic when he can zero in on me with no distractions.

Oh god, is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Great theme, good matches, fun times.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (22/04/2023)

- - - - -

Some doubles, a triple, and even some repeat chracters.

Also, I used "Up +B" as Kirby, three times, in a four player "Sudden Death" match... and it worked. :cool:

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (29/04/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Also, I used "Up +B" as Kirby, three times, in a four player "Sudden Death" match... and it worked. :cool:

Wasn't that 1 of 2 four player sudden deaths? Think that may have been a first for us.

Some great frantic matches last night. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Wasn't that 1 of 2 four player sudden deaths? Think that may have been a first for us.

Some great frantic matches last night. 

Yes, I believe so, I'd need to check all the footage again though, there were definitely a few one on one Sudden Death matches as well, but that one stood out, as I was surprised as everyone else... "Wait... that worked?!?" while the one on one where I was playing as Joker, that was pure Rock, Paper Scissors... and luck, as I don't know that characters moveset, I just tried a button combo.

Some great matches though, also... getting blue Banjo twice in a row? It's as if the random generator was subtly saying "Nope... try again!"

Too many double to list, and even a match of double doubles...

Some rather inventive K-O's as well, plus more than a few 'Toon Link' exits.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (06/05/2023)

- - - - -

Best pairing of the night was Ness, Ness, Rosalina and Rosalina. Talk about a tag match.

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up. Real life commitments mean I won't be able to Smash this week.

0VOtVi.gif

I suppose I'll get my chance... another day...

• Thanks 2

@Glen-i thanks for letting us know, and all the best with the real life stuff.

I could host the room this week... unless anyone else wanted to. Just let me know what settings, but as far as I'm aware, if we're carrying on the same pattern, then it'll just be a case of...

Stamina matches, All items enabled, All stages enabled... "Insert title here" no password, friends only... start at 8pm. shut down the arena close to 10pm...  I think that's it? ::shrug:

I'm assuming that we might at least get @BowserBasher and @Ike joining this week still, so I'm happy to host and stream the gameplay as usual.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

All stages enabled

Feel free to host, I usually do but you can this week. Just to add I think @Glen-i adds a time limit to the matches too, but it's usually 10 minutes and the games never go that long anyway. Also might be a good idea to take that giant Palutena level out of rotation too. It can be too big sometimes, Everything else is fair game though. I think items are set to normal frequency too. Oh and item wise take out that flag thing that gives you an extra life. That's no fun in stamina, 3 stock. Yes make sure it's 3 stock.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Feel free to host, I usually do but you can this week. Just to add I think @Glen-i adds a time limit to the matches too, but it's usually 10 minutes and the games never go that long anyway. Also might be a good idea to take that giant Palutena level out of rotation too. It can be too big sometimes, Everything else is fair game though. I think items are set to normal frequency too. Oh and item wise take out that flag thing that gives you an extra life. That's no fun in stamina, 3 stock. Yes make sure it's 3 stock.

You're almost spot on there, but the item frequency is set to low, not normal.

Everything else is correct, but whoever is hosting, it would be wise to go into Smash and create the ruleset before hand, so you're not doing it all last minute.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You're almost spot on there, but the item frequency is set to low, not normal.

I always felt the items were not as frequent as when I play games myself, this explains it. 

How would people feel to a theme night were items are set to the highest? @Ike @S.C.G Maybe tweak which items appear. But I know sometimes we do get manic moments in games when so much is happening that it causes cracking up over VC.

Imagine a bunch of Pokémon and assist trophies all fighting for us.

• Thanks 1

Right...

Stamina matches, tonight at 8pm. (until 10pm)

(Just putting this here for reference later, for when I hopefully create the ruleset(s) in advance...)

• Stamina matches, *All items enabled, Item Frequency Low, *All stages enabled, Time Limit 3 mins.
  • Stock matches 3 Stock, *All items enabled, Item Frequency Low *All stages enabled, Time Limit 10 mins.

*No Flag item, *No Palutena's Temple (Large)

If I create those two separate rulesets, then that should cover any general Saturday Smash night which doesn't have a theme.

Edited by S.C.G

Timed matches would require one more with same setups but just a time limit. Glen would need to confirm the time he uses, it must be around 5 minutes per match. 
Up that time limit on stamina. We use 3 stocks on that too. Otherwise it’s just sudden death with one stock. So you’ll want 3 stock 10 minutes. I think. @S.C.G

31 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Timed matches would require one more with same setups but just a time limit. Glen would need to confirm the time he uses, it must be around 5 minutes per match. 
Up that time limit on stamina. We use 3 stocks on that too. Otherwise it’s just sudden death with one stock. So you’ll want 3 stock 10 minutes. I think. @S.C.G

Are you sure? I just checked the replays earlier, it seems to be three minute time limit for Stamina...

I'm setting up now anyway.

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Are you sure? I just checked the replays earlier, it seems to be three minute time limit for Stamina...

I'm setting up now anyway.

Fair enough. I assumed it was longer. No worries. 

4444 if anyone wanted to join...

Great games, thanks @S.C.G for stepping in and setting up, took a few games to get the rules all right but we got there.

Some close matches tonight and some fun endings. That triple bomb walk across MK stage was funny. 

• Thanks 1

Only just got around to posting the highlights here.

There were definitely a few good double matches, I believe there was a triple as well, too many moments to timestamp.

Check out the one hour five minute mark though for a Bob-omb K-O.

Any other moments when anything relevant happens, will have time-stamped chat on the stream just after it happened, though it doesn't alwasy appear in highlights.

Worth skimming through though, for some amusing moments.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (13/05/2023)

- - - - -

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I believe there was a triple as well, too many moments to timestamp.

Yup. Was a triple Rosalina match. @Ugh first aid would have been in heaven lol

• Thanks 1

As I mentioned over VC after Mario Kart, I won't be available this Saturday for Smash.