NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

And as for voice chat, we use the discord group, except we use the General category instead. I'm not entirely certain I'll be able to voice chat tonight, mind. So it might be just you and Simon.

But, but I wanna hear UFA smack talking when she beats you up with Rosalina LOL

Yeah I'll be in the general VC channel anyway then just in case you can join.

Edited by BowserBasher

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Welcome back to Hazel, it was good to play Smash with you again, and everyone else too.

Hopefully we can narrow down the stage choices next time, to stages which are easier to follow, visually.

I thought that went well overall though.

You can always scan through the stream below, if you need to check the stages again, to see which ones work best.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-80859ea1-ebcb-4f48-affd-e361d3840816-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (10/12/2022)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for playing along. UFA feels it's still a bit too hard for her to keep up with the damage difference. So next time she plays, I'm gonna lower the damage ratio to 0.7, and ask everyone to set themselves to 60%.

It'll take a few sessions until I find the right balance.

I'll also be removing Port Town Aero Dive, Paper Mario, and Magicant from the random pool, as the backgrounds are too bright, or too fast for her. The rest of the stages were fine for her.

That said, if there's a week where she's not up for it, I'll be reverting to the standard ruleset I use, so don't worry. 75m will return.

Thanks for working with me on this.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Some great games again, @Glen-i, shame on you for that last place with Samus though. 

Early heads up, I probably won't make next weeks games. Sister has booked the family in for a panto next Saturday and I don't think I'll be home before the end of Smash.

• Thanks 2

You lot did Stock the week I was unavailable, so I'm gonna jump straight to Stamina tonight at 8pm.

Unfortunately won't be available tonight. Sisters birthday and we are all going to the panto. Doubt I'll be back before 10.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Unfortunately won't be available tonight. Sisters birthday and we are all going to the panto. Doubt I'll be back before 10.

*obligatory oh no you're not*

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Can’t believe you just rage quit’d. :heh:

edit or was it me?

Let's just say it was both of us.

It was obvious you were winning that fight though. You were completely styling on me throughout.

Good fights today. On one hand I got a lovely Stamina Sora finish, but on the other, I placed last as Samus... Again!

• Thanks 1

That worked out pretty well, I forgot about Smash, remembered when it was gone half-eight, then Simon got on towards the end so we still played for over two hours.

I'll see if I remember for next week (if that happens, though probably not as it'll be the 24th) and if not... same time, next year?

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (17/12/2022)

• Thanks 1

This week, Saturday falls on Christmas Eve. While I'm up for Smash pretty much any weekend, not everyone is as "cool" as I am.

So, @S.C.G, @Ike, and @BowserBasher, are you free then, or maybe Friday would work better for you? Of course, I don't mind if you just can't make it this week.

Yeah, I should be up for some Saturday Smash, as usual. :)

Besides, I've got the stream set up as N-E Saturday Smash... 'N-E Friday Fracas' doesn't quite have the same appeal to it. :p

But, we'll see what everyone has to say, though Saturday is looking likely.

• Thanks 1

Right-o, 8pm tonight then, like usual.

I know we're due a theme night this week. But my latest idea needs more then a day to get ready. So I'm delaying it a week and doing Stock format tonight.

EDIT: Ugh First Aid would like to join in tonight, so I'm using the 0.7 launch rate ruleset this time. Please set your handicap to 60% when she joins.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

OK, that seems to be the sweet spot for her. From now on, whenever she decides to play. The launch rate will be set to 0.7, and I'd like everyone else to set their damage to 60%.

A couple of other stages are too bright for her, so I'll also be removing Coliseum and Reset Bomb Forest from the pool when she plays.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games, and Hazel. managed to get a few wins in there. Does seem like a sweet spot. Glad to win the final fight before Christmas too.

And with that its time to continue my Christmas Eve tradition and watch the greatest Christmas film ever made, The Muppets Christmas Carol.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BowserBasher said:

And with that its time to continue my Christmas Eve tradition and watch the greatest Christmas film ever made, The Muppets Christmas Carol.

Bloody hell! @Mokong just said he watched that as well yesterday!

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks for the games, and Hazel. managed to get a few wins in there. Does seem like a sweet spot. Glad to win the final fight before Christmas too.

I watched it before we played Smash. :laughing:

• Like 1

Good to get another session of Smash in, we might be able to fit one more in next week, as it'll be New Year's Eve, but maybe not.

And if not, then... same time next year, have a good one.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (24/12/2022)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I watched it before we played Smash. :laughing:

Holy cheese! It's an epidemic!

That said, it's a good movie. Top contender for best Christmas Carol adaptation by far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Top contender for best Christmas Carol adaptation by far.

Never mind top contender, it IS the Best Christmas Carol adaptation. I mean "Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat!" maybe the funniest line going.

Anyway, if we do play next week for New Years Smash, I will be available.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Anyway, if we do play next week for New Years Smash, I will be available.

Yes, about that. I'll be sending PM's to you lot in the near future.

• Thanks 1