NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Ike Can do just an hour if you don't want to go the full two.

Sure, but we can see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, BowserBasher said:

Some good 1v1 games there

The Ganondorf ditto on the Bridge of Eldin with the Oot Medley so Ganondorf's themed kicked in was way too perfect to be picked by RNG.

• Like 1

There are times where a person has to own up and take responsibility for the stupid things they did.

I'm sorry @Ike for punching the sticky bomb like an utter dope and costing you the match only because you happened to be nearby.

• Haha 1

That final match was very cagey and tactical at the end there. I guess I'm the better Chrom.

Great matches all night, and way too many cars hitting people.

• Like 1

Righto, even with BowserBasher not being able to make it, I'm still expecting three people tonight, so I'm going ahead with the theme.

Wintery Smash

We're on the cusp of December, so it's high time we get some snowy theming up in here.

FieryaOakAAIy9h?format=jpg&name=large

There are many costume restrictions in play here. The majority of them are outfits that are almost entirely white. Here's a list.

Donkey Kong - White Fur
Samus - Light Suit
Kirby - Monochrome
Pikachu - Party Hat (The blue cone one)
Peach - White Dress
Daisy - White Dress
Ice Climbers - All costumes allowed
Dr. Mario - Default outfit
Marth - White outfit
Young Link - White Tunic
Mr. Game & Watch - White
Meta Knight - White
Pit - Default and the one with Gold hair
Dark Pit - White outfit
Zero Suit Samus - White Outfit
Rosalina - White Dress
Palutena - Default Outfit
Robin - Male Version with White cloak
Ryu - Default and the Whiter outfit
Ken - White
Bayonetta - Any costume with the Bayo 2 design (Short hair)
Richter - White
King K. Rool - White
Joker - White Phantom Thief outfit and White school uniform
Banjo & Kazooie - White Banjo
Steve - Tennis Steve and Tennis Alex
Sora - KH3 Ultimate Form

Ice Climbers are exempt from restrictions because they're naturally wintery in nature. Half the Bayonettas are allowed because Bayonetta 2 specifically takes place on Christmas.

FieryZ8aYAAD8Jm?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium
Fourside
Summit
Shadow Moses Island
Spear Pillar
Unova Pokémon League
Balloon Fight
Mario Galaxy
Wily Castle
Midgar
Umbran Clock Tower
Mishima Dojo

There are nowhere near enough wintery stages, so nighttime stages with black skies make up the rest. Early nights or whatever.

Fie2fROaAAAYfNr?format=jpg&name=large

I was a bit more lenient with the item choice here, white items and stars abound here.

Format - 3 stock, 10 minutes
FS Meter - On

See you tonight at 8pm.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Righto, even with BowserBasher not being able to make it

Actually I was only out for Mario Kart and Mario Party. I'm back now for Smash tonight.

• Like 1

After all the initial problems that was some very fun games. Thanks for sticking it out and Fun Times!

• Thanks 2

Yeah, hope you didn't mind some of Dcubed's friends jumping in.

They're pretty decent at the game, I suppose.

Hey, thanks for letting my buds jump in.  Was a last-minute unplanned thing.  Sorry about all the disconnection issues tonight!

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, hope you didn't mind some of Dcubed's friends jumping in.

19 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Hey, thanks for letting my buds jump in.  Was a last-minute unplanned thing.  Sorry about all the disconnection issues tonight!

Yeah no worries, was still fairly even matches and everyone won a few, except Dcubed, he kept getting knocked out first 😆 

• Haha 1

I won't be able to play tonight. I've developed a pounding migraine, and Smash is not gonna help one bit.

40 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Ike You still up for some games? Can play from 8 for normal two hours or as long as you want.

Yeah, I’m in.

• Like 1

Great games and thanks for joining @S.C.G Hope to see you back again. As always lots of close matches and some not so close.

I have to share this early match between Samus (me) and Lucas (@Ike) Watch out for the game of catch in the last stock and the unexpected (but if you know our games) expected win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

It has been a while since I last played any Smash, I even sold my original big box version of the game since then with the controller and adapter.

But I bought back a brand new copy, ready for whenever I wanted to play the game again, I was going to join last week but it didn't happen.

I was planning on joining tonight anyway, then I saw that you were a player down this week, so I unsealed Smash, found a well-worn GC controller and approached the arena. :D

All being well, I should be playing Smash again most Saturday nights.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-80859ea1-ebcb-4f48-affd-e361d3840816-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (03/12/2022)

• Like 2

Time matches tonight at 8pm.

Tonight, I'd like to ask you guys for a favour. I'm expecting my cousin, Ugh First Aid, to give Smash a go tonight. I'm certain you're aware that she's visually impaired, so she can have issues parsing smaller details. And Smash is very hectic and fast paced.

Now, I'm not gonna ask you to go easy on her or something condescending like that, but I do want to tilt the odds in her favour somewhat.

So tonight, I'm turning on handicaps and I'd like everyone except her to set theirs at 40%. This means you'll start each stock with 40% damage. You can set your handicap on the character select screen.
However, to mitigate the increased amount of times we'll end up being KO'd, I'm also changing the Damage Ratio to 0.8. This means that everyone will suffer 20% less knockback.

With these two options in conjunction with each other, I'm hoping to make UFA tougher to KO, without changing how often everyone else gets KO'd.

I'm also gonna add very big and poor visibility stages to the "Never randomly picked" list when she's playing. These are New Pork City, 75m, Hanenbow and The Great Cave Offensive.

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Glen-i that's a great idea, and it'll be good to see Hazel playing Smash again, especially as Mario Kart went really well this week.

Question: Is the Character Select screen the same offline as it is for online, like with Mario Kart?

For example; whenever I've picked a character and kart offline, that has stayed the same for offline.

I was just thinking, if I set the 40% damage in advance offline, would it stay like that for the online? Or is it somehow separate?

It might seem like an obvious question, but I haven't played any mode on Single Player Smash for a long time.

Either way, it's not a huge thing, I'll just change the settings when I join.

Anyway, this should be a good night, so I should see you all later.

I can use the Mario Kart chat channel in Discord if that suits everyone else, but if you all tend to use the Switch Online voice app for Smash, then no worries. 

I should be streaming it as well, now that I'm all set up on that front.

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Question: Is the Character Select screen the same offline as it is for online, like with Mario Kart?

For example; whenever I've picked a character and kart offline, that has stayed the same for offline.

I was just thinking, if I set the 40% damage in advance offline, would it stay like that for the online? Or is it somehow separate?

It's separate. You'll have to do it in the arena itself. Once you're in the Arena screen, you can click the bottom right icon showing what character you are to get there. Then you should see "0%" next to the player name. Set it once and it should stay that way for the remainder of the night. (Unless I change the rules midway through)

And as for voice chat, we use the discord group, except we use the General category instead. I'm not entirely certain I'll be able to voice chat tonight, mind. So it might be just you and Simon.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1