NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

5 hours ago, Ike said:

I hate the Electroplankton stage so much.

Getting Little Mac there was basically a death sentence.

Despite that, it was defo your night tonight. Lots of wins.

A tip though, when you nail Bayonetta's Final Smash and the cutscene starts, you can mash A to fill up that circle guage and do more damage.

Edited by Glen-i

Here comes a theme night!

Radical 80's, Dude!

Don't know if you noticed, but there's been a new Ninja Turtles game. And it's surprisingly great! So what better way to celebrate a licensed game that doesn't suck then a night with an 80's theme!

pEZmALy.jpeg

Almost every character here made their gaming debut in the 80's.
Yes, yes, I know. There are a couple of obvious characters that don't fit the theme. Well, I'm making an exception for Bowser Jr and Squirtle, because you can't get more 80's then turtles. And who better then to dictate that exception then someone who was born right when the 80's ended?

Now, this is important. If you choose Pokémon Trainer, you must exclusively play as Squirtle. So even when you lose a stock and switch to Ivysaur, you must use Down B to swap back to Squirtle.

There are also some costume restrictions.

Mario - Wedding and Builder costumes not allowed
Link - Classic Tunics only
Hero - Dragon Quest III Hero only (Pictured above)

FWpFXQKVsAAcq8s?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Mushroom Kingdom
Temple
Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom II
Brinstar Depths
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Summit
Skyworld
75 m
Mario Bros.
Magicant
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone X
Boxing Ring
Duck Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Wily Castle
PAC-LAND
Dracula's Castle

I shouldn't have to explain the stage choices here.

FWpFXP7UYAAPpN3?format=jpg&name=large

Items follow a similar theme.

Format: 3 Stock, 8 minutes
FS Meter: On

See you tonight at 8pm.

I'm gonna hard reset my Switch, so I'll reopen in a bit.

EDIT: Open again.

Edited by Glen-i

As always that is the highlight of the video gaming week. Great theme and some great matches again. glad @Ike could see that I was going in order and @Glen-i knew as we were voice chatting to get the all Hero game. I still can't believe my Kamikaze actually got you both. Highlight of the match there.

Also, Glen, give other people a chance with eh hammers. I think yous told 99% of them tonight.

• Haha 1

Just now, BowserBasher said:

I still can't believe my Kamikaze actually got you both. Highlight of the match there.

I can't believe I thought I had two lives when I got Kamikazee!

• Weird 1

I know this isn't quite the right thread but had a Smash session yesterday with a f(r)iend, 1-on-1, and we noticed that we suddenly got KO counts for KO'ing an Assist Trophy. It seems weird if we only noticed that now so the question is, is that a relatively new addition? 

6 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I know this isn't quite the right thread but had a Smash session yesterday with a f(r)iend, 1-on-1, and we noticed that we suddenly got KO counts for KO'ing an Assist Trophy. It seems weird if we only noticed that now so the question is, is that a relatively new addition? 

Relatively new as in "since Ultimate first released"

In Time matches, you get a point if you KO an Assist Trophy. The person who summoned it can also KO the Assist Trophy when it's at low health, but they don't get a point for that. That's a thing you can do if you want to deny an opponent the point.

I like that feature, adds a fun little wrinkle to Assist Trophies. But keep in mind that some of them (like Nintendog) can't be KO'd.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

But keep in mind that some of them (like Nintendog) can't be KO'd.

Well now I want that to be a feature added to the game 

I only got the one replay from last games but this match was too funny, from the Zelda fun to the constant "Falcon PUUUUNCH" (we all know who that was).

Also early warning for @Glen-i I won't be on Saturday for Smash. Aways with family on holiday so unless WiFi is good it'll be a miss from me.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, that was way too close on Dr. Mario VS Terry!

I would have been pretty salty if that killed me before you.

Thanks for the games, the score was pretty even tonight I think.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Wow @Glen-i.  Can't believe you rage quitted that last match! How embarrasing...

SLANDER!

Anyway, it was obviously @Ike's win there, he was a whole stock ahead.

The connection was real iffy today, sorry about that. Hopefully it'll be better next week.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the games even if we had the worst connection night in a long time. I saved the one match which was the closest of the night. But there were a few really close ones, and some not so close ones.

25 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks for the games even if we had the worst connection night in a long time. I saved the one match which was the closest of the night. But there were a few really close ones, and some not so close ones.

Yeah, the connection was ruddy awful last night.  Absolutely horrible! I literally had to drop out to give you guys a chance to even play! (In case you were wondering where I went @Ike)

No idea what was going on there, 'cause we were having no issues playing other games that weekend.  Must be an issue on Nintendo's end with Smash?

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, the connection was ruddy awful last night.  Absolutely horrible! I literally had to drop out to give you guys a chance to even play! (In case you were wondering where I went @Ike)

Aye, I figure'd. Sucks you had to sit it out. It's never been that bad before.

Seeing as this is the only Smash thread that is active, I figured I would just post this here.

I sat and watched this over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. It was fun watching the different players come up with ways to bring their times down. Sitting there for 20+ hours must be pretty grueling.

It's a relatively new catagory and so there aren't many runs shown but it's still worth a watch if you have an interest in Smash Bros.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You can make an argument for some Fire Emblem characters also falling into that (Lucina and Chrom), but I decided against that just so @BowserBasher would have to play 5 FE characters in a row if he went through the roster in order. Yes, I'm a scoundrel.

You know me too well, also, thanks you scoundrel!

At least Pyra is there, plus Hero (Kamikaze!!!!)