NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Think I'll be taking a break this week.

That's fair. It would just be us two anyway seeing as @BowserBasher can't make it.

I mean 1v1 is fine and all, but two hours of nothing but would be a bit much.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

That's fair. It would just be us two anyway seeing as @BowserBasher can't make it.

I mean 1v1 is fine and all, but two hours of nothing but would be a bit much.

Normally I wouldn't mind, I'm just a bit burnt out from work stuff. Would have dropped out even if BowserBasher was able to make it.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Normally I wouldn't mind, I'm just a bit burnt out from work stuff. Would have dropped out even if BowserBasher was able to make it.

You're a stronger dude then me then.

I need me some free-for-all madness in a Smash session.

On 21/05/2022 at 12:32 AM, Glen-i said:

I need me some free-for-all madness in a Smash session.

Don't worry, I'll be back this week.

• Like 1

Great matches as always some really close ones and a nice variety tonight. I don't know if I should feel bad for breaking the "Samus always wins" rule at the end there, but it was such a great close match that I think its more than OK.

• Like 1

Here's a short clip from Saturday plus additional moment from a few weeks ago. The first clip is just an amazing finish to that match so I had to include it. This weeks highlights include possibly one of my greatest moves with Kirby to finish the match off, and easily the funniest self KO ever.

• Like 1

Yo, yo, yo, it's stupid theme o'clock! This one is called...

Gettting Your Money's Worth

FUZD_VTVUAAEn7c?format=jpg&name=large

Should be obvious, but every character here is paid DLC in either Smash 4, or Ultimate. Not much else to say, really.

FUZD_VEUEAAyIgn?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Small Battlefield
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land 64
Pirate Ship
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Maker
Suzaku Castle
Midgar
Umbra Clock Tower
Mementos
Yggdrasil's Altar
Spiral Mountain
King of Fighters Stadium
Garreg Mach Monastery
Spring Stadium
Minecraft World
Northern Cave
Cloud Sea of Alrest
Mishima Dojo
Hollow Bastion

Again, all the stages here have been DLC in 4 or Ultimate at some point. For the sake of variety, I've also included any stages that were added as part of a free update (Pour one out for the Miiverse stage).

The items are the standard fare.

Format - 3 Stock, 10 minutes
FS Meter - On

See you at 8pm.

I can't believe the command menu lined up so perfectly at the end!

I love Hero fights!

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can't believe the command menu lined up so perfectly at the end!

I love Hero fights!

One day it will be a theme night involving Hero only and the only move is down B, we all stand close together and just go for it. Last Man standing. alternative as @Glen-i just said over Discord, first person to lose all stock or life wins.

• Like 1

Just the one match from this weekend but I think the was the best of the evening. 

If I recall, I was Lucas, @Glen-i was Sora and @Ike was Sephiroth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

If I recall, I was Lucas, @Glen-i was Sora and @Ike was Sephiroth

You got me and you mixed up, I opted for the black and white Sora when I chose him.

• Thanks 1

It's Time format tonight at 8pm.

@Dcubed will likely be available, so I finally have the opportunity to do this. Tonight, we...

Team Battle!

Why now? I'm glad you didn't ask!
You see, out of the three formats, I feel like Time is the one most suited to 2v2 matches. Because there's no stock, there are much fewer times when 1 person has to fight 2 people at once, which isn't fun. Only the brief moment between KO and respawn, as well as Sudden Death, will have that situation.

Is this the first ever NE team battle? I think so, I'm guessing we'll be switching the teams each round. Can that be set to random teams.

Is this the first ever NE team battle? I think so, I'm guessing we'll be switching the teams each round. Can that be set to random teams.

Yes, it is. And for that reason, I'm not entirely certain on how it works. I opened a test room, but without 4 people, I wasn't able to see how the game determines team layouts. So, I'm hoping there's a random option. There's nothing in the room setup menu that let's you dictate how teams are chosen.

Just hoping for the best, to be honest. Even if it's not random, I can just rotate myself in between you, Ike and Dcubed. That'll ensure a fair distribution of teams.

And our favoured choice of random characters and stages can avoid blatantly advantageous teams most of the time, such as Double Belmont, which tends to ruin 2V2 matches.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Of course Double Belmont happened randomly! Luckily, the stage wasn't ideal for it, so it balanced out.

Anyway, I'm just gonna post this without context.

• Haha 2

bye bye kitty.

Team games worked surprisingly well. Was a fun change, and even in team games, Samus ALWAYS WINS!

• Haha 2

bye bye kitty.

Team games worked surprisingly well. Was a fun change, and even in team games, Samus ALWAYS WINS!

Yeah, I'm glad it worked out nicely. Random characters and stages helps keep things from being one sided too often.

I quite liked that match on the Mario Galaxy stage where each team had a projectile based character and a melee based one. Some fun plays in that.

Now that I understand how things work, it dawned on me that even while we were waiting for Dcubed, we could've just gone on separate teams and done a 3 player free-for-all. Oh well, good to know for next time.

Defo some funny shenanigans there. That 3 Kirbys, One Byleth, for example.

And it has to be said, @Ike had the best comeback of the night with that match on Mementos where I was Zero Suit Samus. I legit said "Wow"

Edited by Glen-i

Great night as always, some hilarious moments over voice chat with Glen.

That Kirby/Byleth match certainly has made for an interesting idea for a theme night. I never realised how it worked like that, in that Kirby can eat another Kirby's hat.

Had some great wins myself and that's always good. Will get a video done at some point.