NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Finally got the videos from two weeks ago done, better later than never. I'll try to get last weeks ones done before tomorrow nights games. Anyway here are two vids, 11+ minutes split over two vids for your enjoyment. Featuring one of the great finishes to a match.

Feeling a lot better now, so it's time for a theme night. The basic concept was suggested by @BowserBasher, and I have named it...

Guns! Guns! Guns!

bayonetta-gun.gif

After a certain match a couple of months ago where a unusually large amount of gun items appeared, he suggested that a theme night where only items of the shooty shooty bang bang variety show up. However, I've taken it a little further, and restricted the characters to those who utilise some kind of gun in their Smash moveset. And here are those characters.

QD593zu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

For the sake of clarity, when I say gun, I specifically mean a physical object separate from the character themselves that shoots some kind of projectile with some kind of trigger. So, for example, Samus is allowed because her arm cannon is not part of her body. But because Dark Samus' arm cannon is part of its body, Dark Samus is banned. And yes, using another character as a gun counts, hence Banjo. Duck Hunt Duo also counts because of the off screen NES Zapper user that assists them.

And just to clarify another point, bows don't count. Sorry Links/Pits/Byleth.

Kirby is a happy accident, because with the exception of Mega Man, he can copy every single gun here. So why not?

Anyway, keep in mind, that you are free to use all of the character's movesets, you don't have to use their guns if you don't want to.

IhmHX3N_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

Kongo Jungle

Dream Land

Kongo Falls

Jungle Japes

Brinstar

Fountain of Dreams

Green Greens

Corneria

Venom

Brinstar Depths

Norfair

Frigate Orpheon

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Dream Land GB

The Great Cave Offensive

Duck Hunt

Wily Castle

Umbra Clock Tower

Moray Towers

Mementos

Spiral Mountain

Stages are tied to the characters allowed.

Spoiler

WvjA9iO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Be aware that items are at medium rate this week.

Format: 3 Stock, 10 minutes

FS Meter: On

Room opens at 8pm.

• Like 1

Just now, Ike said:

Little bit surprised you didn’t go for a Pokémon theme this weekend.

We already did that.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

But it’s Pokémon weekday!

Well, tell you what, if Smash suddenly drops a playable Inteleon, I'll overlook the no body parts rule for it.

Still kinda surprised Sword/Shield got nothing in the Fighter Passes.

Pokemon Smash battles are manic. I remember on Smash 64 I would put on 1 hour long matches with just Pokeballs set to high. Fun times.

Anyway here's a good 15 minutes of fun from last week with @Ike. Many silly antics and close matches.

• Like 1

Oh right, along with Mii Gunner, I'm also turning on the three Mii stages.

That's Streetpass Quest, Tomodachi Life, and Wuhu Island.

Good matches tonight. Albeit, two people getting hit by the same Klaptrap seemed to make the connection go haywire, but it was just the once, thankfully.

Gonna skip over time next week, and go straight to stock. I'm not too keen on that format, and you two did it last week.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning evening of matches, I swear they get better every week. So many close matches tonight, and a few massacres too. Loved the all Kirby fight, see who can inhale the others the most, lol. 

So many guns, was awesome just as I had hoped. Thanks guys.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Albeit, two people getting hit by the same Klaptrap seemed to make the connection go haywire, but it was just the once,

That was so weird, it just slowed for about a minute maybe then just went back to normal. It's like the game just gave up for a bit.

Will it be as fun as the all guns nigh?, we'll find out. I didn't get many replays of the night last week but I had to get the all Kirby match and the last all female match, so here they both are in their entirety spliced together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goddamn Rule Of Funny!!!

You knew I wouldn't be able to help myself! :laughing:

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Well after sorting out all those connection issues (which really may have been the Online voice app) had a lot of fun in the end. I said can we top last week, well the final match and the animation I got did it. Wario rolling on the floor laughing after eating all those bombs.

Thanks @Glen-i, @Dcubed and @Ike for the great games.

Pure, side splitting laughter on that last match! My stomach hurts a bit now.

Wario and Link is one dangerous mixture!

• Weird 1

Bonkers night as always. Great fun but seemed very unrandom for the stages as we only seemed to rotate the same 6 or so.

20 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Bonkers night as always. Great fun but seemed very unrandom for the stages as we only seemed to rotate the same 6 or so.

Yeah, I double checked, and it did have every stage available. Just got really unlucky, I guess.

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I double checked, and it did have every stage available. Just got really unlucky, I guess.

The thing is that just means it was random. Same with characters. We always seems to get one match were we all have the same, or like last night two pairs of characters,

On 12/03/2022 at 10:08 PM, BowserBasher said:

Me and my old Smash Brothers(I'm retired now tho :cheeky: ) used to have a whole phrase called 'Nintendo-Random'...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rummy said:

Me and my old Smash Brothers(I'm retired now tho :cheeky: ) used to have a whole phrase called 'Nintendo-Random'...

Nice. The thing is the way they were picked is a true definition of random. Random means anything, so the same stages and characters have as much chance as a different one. It was just so different from all other nights when we do get a good spread of both.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this week.

NOOOOOOO. @Ike, @Dcubed you guys in? I know Ike and me had some great 1v1 matches so I'm up for those again. I know DCubed sometimes makes it too.