NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Can't believe I threw that match with Bayonetta in my typical fashion. I didn't even realise I was off the stage until it was too late, don't even know how I was there.

The most difficult thing about Bayonetta is remembering how she recovers, because it's effective, but flat out bizarre for Smash. She's one of my favourite characters and I still mess it up from time to time.

Side Special > Up Special > Mid-air jump > Up Special again.

Trying to let go of that muscle memory is really difficult though.

I was voice chatting with @BowserBasher last night and at the end of that match, I remember both of us immediately declaring that I didn't deserve to win that one, because you were clowning on us both throughout!

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I was voice chatting with @BowserBasher last night and at the end of that match, I remember both of us immediately declaring that I didn't deserve to win that one, because you were clowning on us both throughout!

Yep and it was pretty much an instant "that was not deserved" declaration too.

I had an unfair KO too at some point, Can't remember who I was but I remember I had got smashed far off the stage but was just about to recover, then I got star Ko'd. Seemed that I had some clicky bits on me from Sephiroth that activated right when I was at the highest point.

• Haha 1

You know it's been a good week when this thread gets bumped down to the second page.

Stamina matches tonight at 8pm.

• Thanks 2

Nearly a week later but here's some stuff from last week. almost 8 minutes of stupid goings on. So many SD's and dumb tings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Also damn @Ike Great first match between us to, very close

Yeah, that was a fun one. Thought you were gonna win that match.

Shame about the DC, I got a good character. :cry:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Appreciate the deliberate SD to even up the match after my early SD. :cry:

Yeah we weren't sure if that was on purpose or not so both @Glen-i said should we do it. Only fair.

Some great fights again and a few moments had me and glen in stitches of laughter. I swear being on voice chat makes the game 100x better. The penultimate match probably had the best ending. 

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Appreciate the deliberate SD to even up the match after my early SD. :cry:

It's just common courtesy if someone SD's at the first 5 seconds of a match. Keeps the match more interesting.

The way @BowserBasher won with Dark Pit near the end though was nothing short of spectacular though!

Edited by Glen-i

24 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i What's tonight? Haven't seen the usual "Timed matches at 8pm" post yet.

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that I'm not well. So I can't make it tonight.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Ike If you still wanna play some games I'll get on around 8:30 so we can have a few matches

Sure, I’m down for that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Sure, I’m down for that.

Cool, will play till 10 like normal and I'll just do timed matches, unless you have a preference for one of the others. 3 Stock is always fun.

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'd say stick to the rota, but you're hosting so I'll leave it up to you.

Yeah not sure what would be next, think it might be theme. so going with timed. Forgot how long they usually are so I'll go with 3 minutes we can adjust if needed.

Thanks @Ike. 1v1 really does lead to some great close matches especially at 3 minutes. Who'd of thunk it, Gannondorf is better than Captain Falcon. lol

And even with all the close stuff and amazing moves we both still did some stupid things too. It won't be Smash without the stupid moves too. Also shout out to us both getting KO's by throwing a bomb. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ike said:

Fun games, @BowserBasher, lots of sudden deaths. I was surprised at some them, thought you had straight up won. Thanks for hosting tonight.

Yeah some of those SD's were a bit too close. I think we must have been pretty much 50/50 all night though. Thanks for playing.