NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

21 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Ah yes, stupid Shulk (waits for @Glen-i to respond) I've just never got the hang of those Monado powers, but tat's why I enjoy the random picking, you never know who you will get.

Oh, could have sworn you were Hero.

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, I've been meaning to say this, because I noticed it happen whenever @Ike gets Steve/Alex.

You gotta hold B to mine stuff. Tapping it won't do you any good.

Oh, cheers. I have no idea how to use them, which was probably very obvious.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Oh, cheers. I have no idea how to use them, which was probably very obvious.

In all fairness, they are easily the most complicated character to use in Smash. With characters like Shulk or Kazuya, you can still do relatively decent without knowing the underlying mechanics, but with Steve/Alex, you need to understand how they work to do anything with them.

But if you manage to keep on top of getting a supply of material, and upgrade their weapons, they can be devastating.

Shield + Special summons that crafting table at any time. Then holding Standard B in front of the table will create weapons with whatever material you have on hand, prioritising the strongest stuff first. Get a diamond weapon going and the damage they can do is legit scary.

Stronger tools will also let you mine faster, so I normally try to immediately make some weapons with the iron you start a match with, and then use that to try and get some diamond during any down time I get.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Oh, could have sworn you were Hero.

You may be right actually, (do you have that match saved @Glen-i?) I was thinking I had selected "jump" with Shulk, but it was probably Hero's jump thing. Stupid match never gave me Kamikaze at all, that's no way to play as Hero.

Anyway, here's a video from me.

Lots of multiple Smash attacks going on in this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

(do you have that match saved @Glen-i?)

No, but I only recall me getting Shulk last night. So it was probably Hero's Acceleratle (Which is like Shulk's Speed and Jump in one uncontrollable package).

I remember that because @Dcubed got Lucina in the same match and we spent most of it reciting quips about "changing the future" from their respective games.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No, but I only recall me getting Shulk last night. So it was probably Hero's Acceleratle (Which is like Shulk's Speed and Jump in one uncontrollable package).

I remember that because @Dcubed got Lucina in the same match and we spent most of it reciting quips about "changing the future" from their respective games.

Yeah, pretty sure it was Hero now. It was the only time I remember getting him and I don't recall getting Shulk. 

Right, tonight's theme is called.

Everyone Else's Favourites

I asked the 4 regulars (including myself) to pick their favourite Smash character from each of the 5 Smash games. I may have forgotten to mention that each person can't use the characters they picked. My bad.

I've sent each person a picture showing the 15 characters they are allowed to use. Check your PM's if you haven't already.

Now just in case someone else decides to jump in this week, you're free to use all 20 characters shown in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Kd7dlA2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Two people chose the same character from 64, Melee, and Brawl. So I got @Ugh first aid to pick her 3 favourites from those games to shore up the numbers to 20. Those characters are Luigi, Peach and King Dedede.

hmo5x3j_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler
  • Battlefield
  • Small Battlefield
  • Big Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
  • Saffron City
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Great Bay
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Castle Siege
  • New Pork City
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Paper Mario
  • Dream Land GB
  • Arena Ferox
  • Town and City
  • Guar Plain
  • Umbra Clock Tower
  • Yggdrasil's Altar
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Spring Stadium
  • Cloud Sea of Alrest

Apart from the Battlefields and Final Destination, the other 20 stages correspond to the 20 characters above.

Items are standard fare.

Format: Stock

FS Meter: On

Session starts tonight at 8pm.

Edited by Glen-i

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I may have forgotten to mention that each person can't use the characters they picked. My bad.

I would like to point out that I called this in the PM that I was sent. I guess I should have picked the characters I don't like. 

13 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I would like to point out that I called this in the PM that I was sent. I guess I should have picked the characters I don't like. 

I assumed you picked your faves out of the spirit of good sportsmanship?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I assumed you picked your faves out of the spirit of good sportsmanship?

um, yeah that's exactly what I did.......

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

@Ike, you completely deserved to win that match. That was totally jammy on my part.

I thought was Dcubed so you shouldn't have said anything.He was jammy in some other matches though.

Just now, Ike said:

I thought was Dcubed so you shouldn't have said anything.He was jammy in some other matches though.

Like, I've had some lucky breaks, but the Banzai Bill being right there to save me from Daybreak may just be the luckiest I've ever been!

Great games as always. I think we all got a nice spread of wins and stupid kills in I had a shocking amount of first stock self KOs at the start of the night there. I believe I got my Hero kamikaze in and it also KOed a couple of you guys too.

Also Peach for the win with a frying pan is always going to be the most satisfying thing going.

May not get on for the full two hours tonight, girlfriend is up with me. Will try to get an hours worth of play in though. Can't miss out completely on the fun.

Yep, sorry for the slight lateness, stuff came up.

Very much enjoyed random setting up a "Not Marth" fight tonight.

Great games as always, couldn't do the full 2 hours but had some laughs. So here for the viewing pleasure of @Glen-i and @Ike if he wants to see this again. The very first match of the night that Glen didn't get to see. I was Mr Game and Watch, Ike is Ridley

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

I'm not quite sure what happened to Birdo's egg there near the start!

Glad I got to saw that match. It was tight!

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not quite sure what happened to Birdo's egg there near the start!

I think we broke it lol

Tonight, I noticed a lot of matches ended with pretty sweet comboes from the winner. You can't really begrudge losing to a well executed series of attacks.

True and a lot ended by stupidity too, lol. 

Some great matches as always, some close tense ones and some not so close. My continued victory with Pyra carries on even though I'm not entirely sure what that finish was.

• Haha 1

Can't believe I threw that match with Bayonetta in my typical fashion. I didn't even realise I was off the stage until it was too late, don't even know how I was there.

I don't I should have been hit by @Glen-i's Incineroar's Final Smash in that early game, I was already half way through dropping through the floor before the animation started.