NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

On 18/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, Glen-i said:

Oh right, forgot to mention. I'm not gonna be online until the 21st. So gonna have to postpone it until after that.

We having a pre Christmas smash session? Or are are gonna try a Christmas evening fight? (Since Saturday is now our normal night)

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

We having a pre Christmas smash session? Or are are gonna try a Christmas evening fight? (Since Saturday is now our normal night)

Yeah, I was thinking about that, and while I'm up for any day, some people might not.

Gonna shout out @Ike (and anyone who might be interested) what day would be most convenient.

Edited by Glen-i

Saturday is unlikely I would be able to play. Thursday or Friday would be best for me.

• Thanks 1

Right, it's a theme night tonight. And what better way to celebrate Christmas then finally giving @BowserBasher what he wants.

Wild Pokémon Battles!

FHRI1ZoXMAIE6qq?format=jpg&name=large

Hold your horses, I know what you're already thinking. Simply put, 8 characters is too slim for my liking, if it's less then Smash 64, then it's not good enough. So apart from the obvious Pokémon characters, here's my reasonings for the other 4 bozos.

Spoiler

Yoshi is a cartoony animal that mostly communicates by shouting it's own name. It's basically a Pokémon by stealth. There's a reason there were so many "rumours" that you could catch one in Red/Blue in the 90's.

Ness is from EarthBound, a game that when finished, some of the staff went on to form Game Freak. Also helps that Mewtwo is one big Giegue nod as well.

Joker is from the Persona series, a spin-off from the monster collecting RPG, Shin Megami Tensei. As such, they do share some similarities to Pokémon, if you ignore the swearing SMT has.

Hero is from Dragon Quest, which dabbles with the idea of using various monsters in your team in some entries. There's also the spin-off games, Dragon Quest Monsters, which is a straight up monster collecting RPG.

FHRI1lzX0AIlgN1?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler
  • Saffron City
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Onett
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Spear Pillar
  • Unova Pokémon League
  • Prism Tower
  • Kalos Pokémon League
  • Coliseum
  • King of Fighters Stadium
  • Spring Stadium

All Pokémon stages are naturally here, but there's a few others to help diversify things a bit. Basically, stadium type arenas, and Onett, which could pass for a town in a Pokémon game.

Spoiler

FHRI1y1WQAAv3pa?format=jpg&name=large

Naturally, items are severely limited. Keeping an ear out for that distinctive Poké Ball sound will be the key to victory.

Smash Balls are also available. Some Final Smashes can get rid of any Poké Ball Pokémon in play, so you might be able to turn the tables if you time it right.

Format: Stamina, 6 stock, 80 HP

FS Meter: On

In the spirit of Pokémon, it's stamina matches. I've also doubled the amount of lives everyone has, due to each trainer being allowed to have 6 Pokémon. But to avoid having matches drag on too long, I've almost halved the HP you have. Still, at least falling off with full HP won't be as devastating as usual.

The room will be open tonight at 8pm.

Edited by Glen-i

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

And what better way to celebrate Christmas then finally giving @BowserBasher what he wants.

Merry Christmas to me!! Would you consider raising the item rate to medium? Imagine all the mons in play at once.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Merry Christmas to me!! Would you consider raising the item rate to medium? Imagine all the mons in play at once.

OK then.

What is the best silly fight in Smash and why is it menu fight?

Always hilarious!

Edited by Glen-i

Is there ever a night that is not hilarious? Thanks @Glen-i and @Ike for the games. 

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What is the best silly fight in Smash and why is it menu fight?

You cannot play as Hero and not just have a Menu Fight, though if Kamikaze comes up then you have to use that, whether you are near someone or not, it's just the law.

Thanks for using the Pokemon theme too, makes for some manic and "what just happened" moments.

Does that count as a RPG battle within a Pokémon battle within a Smash match?

• Haha 2

@Glen-i and @Ike What's the ideal time this week as Saturday is New Years Day, not sure if either of you are busy that day. Thursday again? then back to normal next week?

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i and @Ike What's the ideal time this week as Saturday is New Years Day, not sure if either of you are busy that day. Thursday again? then back to normal next week?

I'm good whenever.

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm good whenever.

30 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm good whenever too.

and that ladies and gentlemen is how to solve an issue 😆 

Well lets go for tomorrow as a year end Smash night just incase anyone is busy New Years Day

• Haha 1

Great end of the year session there and great to see a couple extras join in. Have to say player of the night was easily @Ugh first aid for her exemplary prediction game. 

Also my Para game is still on point and Bowser has the best dropkick going in the game.

Thanks to everyone that has played this year, be it weekly or joining for the one off new fighter nights. I hope we can get just as many fun nights going next year. It's always a laugh when voice chat is enabled and people do the stupidest things.

As always great games last night guys. Some real close ones and lots of laughs. I totally meant to win in that match where I was Alex (or Steve) with what ever move I pulled of at the end there, was not a lucky win at all, 😆 

• Haha 1

Just a short 2 minute one from last weeks games. Didn't get a lot of replays but these two matches had to be done. One for the ending to the match high atop Hyrule, and the other just for the sheer amount of hammer hits I got in.

• Like 2

Well that was a night of many self destructs 😆 Seemed to be a lot more than usual and one game there were it was won with all the other falling off the stage.

Always a blast, some really close games as always and some not so.

14 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Well that was a night of many self destructs 😆 Seemed to be a lot more than usual and one game there were it was won with all the other falling off the stage.

Always a blast, some really close games as always and some not so.

Your Acceleratle jump off the map because of the stage transition killed me. :laughing:

Also, belated Happy Birthday @Glen-i. My present was letting you win. :heh:

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

Your Acceleratle jump off the map because of the stage transition killed me. :laughing:

Ah yes, stupid Shulk (waits for @Glen-i to respond) I've just never got the hang of those Monado powers, but tat's why I enjoy the random picking, you never know who you will get.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

but tat's why I enjoy the random picking, you never know who you will get.

Oh right, I've been meaning to say this, because I noticed it happen whenever @Ike gets Steve/Alex.

You gotta hold B to mine stuff. Tapping it won't do you any good.