NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Some fun games and moments. Wasn’t a great night for me but I won one. And curse you @RedShell for hiding on the WiiFit stage. I thought I won that with Bayonetta for a moment there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Can we all agree @Glen-i plays this game waaaaay too much? :p

WHAT!?

How dare you!? I don't play it that much!

E5zYz__VUAI8uR1?format=jpg&name=small

(To be fair, before lockdown, Smash got played by a bunch of kids who weren't me once a week, so around 200 hours were not me)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, markderoos said:

@Glen-i spirit event this weekend, three new Sakuna of Rice and Ruin spirits incoming!

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to repay your kind notification with the realisation that there's a Razewing Rathalos Spirit that (currently) only unlocks if you have save data from Monster Hunter Stories 2. And no, the demo isn't good enough.

It's fine for me, I plan on picking up that game, but if you're not, you're gonna have to wait until that enters normal rotation. (Probably when the final character is released)

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to repay your kind notification with the realisation that there's a Razewing Rathalos Spirit that (currently) only unlocks if you have save data from Monster Hunter Stories 2. And no, the demo isn't good enough.

It's fine for me, I plan on picking up that game, but if you're not, you're gonna have to wait until that enters normal rotation. (Probably when the final character is released)

Yeah I know, downloaded and played the demo (which isn’t bad at all by the way!) but it indeed didn’t unlock the spirit..

So, anyway. Getting back to what this thread is actually about...

It's time for another theme night. This one is called;

Glen's 9.9 Mountain

You are no doubt aware of my goal of clearing Classic Mode on 9.9 intensity with every character. Because once isn't enough for me.

Anyway, apart from the last Fighters Pass character, I'm down to the last 20 characters and this night is gonna be based around that!

ljvSccy_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

There's all sorts of different reasons why these lot are the ones giving me grief, whether it's being too recently released (Pyra & Kazuya), me being rubbish (Isabelle & Duck Hunt Duo), or having a downright sadistically difficult route (Zero Suit Samus & Terry).

So you're all joining me in practicing with these characters that are still left behind on my file.

Because they don't have a Classic Route (No idea why...) Miis are not allowed. Also, do not choose Random for your character selection.

sRXmVrd_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

Battlefield

Final Destination

Peach's Castle

Kongo Jungle

Hyrule Castle

Dream Land

Saffron City

Princess Peach's Castle

Kongo Falls

Jungle Japes

Temple

Brinstar

Yoshi's Story

Green Greens

Onett

Brinstar Depths

Big Blue

Fourside

Delfino Plaza

Mushroomy Kingdom

Norfair

Frigate Orpheon

Yoshi's Island

Lylat Cruise

Port Town Aero Dive

Smashville

New Pork City

Summit

Skyworld

Luigi's Mansion

Spear Pillar

Gerudo Valley

Dream Land GB

Magicant

Arena Ferox

Reset Bomb Forest

Tortimer Island

Living Room

StreetPass Quest

Mushroom Kingdom U

Mario Galaxy

Mario Circuit

Skyloft

Kalos Pokémon League

Flat Zone X

Palutena's Temple (Against my better judgement...)

Garden of Hope

Wii Fit Studio

Boxing Ring

Duck Hunt

Windy Hill Zone

Suzaku Castle

Midgar

Umbra Clock Tower

Moray Towers

Dracula's Castle

Spiral Mountain

King of Fighters Stadium

Minecraft World

Mishima Dojo

The stages here are limited to those that appear in the Classic Route of the 20 characters above. Stages that only show up in their Battlefield or FD versions don't count. (Obviously, actual Battlefield and FD are allowed)

Custom Stages are not allowed for obvious reasons, so keep the stage selection set to Random, and my settings will take care of the rest.

Items will be the standard set I use in most Smash sessions.

Format: Stock (2 Lives, 5 minutes)

FS Meter: Off

I was considering only having 1 life, just like Classic Mode. But that will make matches way too short. So I compromised by having the same amount of lives in Smash 4's Classic Mode.

8pm tonight.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Great games @Glen-i and @RedShell  some close ones and some not soo close. Pyra really is awesome and has some powerful moves. Koopalings fight was fun and the stage just made it more hectic. 

• Thanks 2

This heat has really got me feeling unwell lately.

Probably won't be smashing tonight.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Any Smash tonight @Glen-i?

Sorry, been coughing for the past 2 days. So I'm staying at home just to be safe.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Just wanna say, @RedShell. The way you won that match with Shulk was absolutely spectacular!

Completely deserved!

I know how clued-up you are when it comes to Shulk (well, and most characters in the game :hehe:) so figured my best chance was to do something completely unexpected/weird to try and confuse you :heh: and it seems like not using a single Monado Art in that fight worked out pretty well. :D

Oh, and thanks for allowing custom stages again. :peace: 

Yeah, @RedShell, amazing finish. I was spectating as I had a PoGo Heracross raid I was invited to, but saw the ending. Best ending I’ve witnessed in a long time. 
Great games again, I wasn’t on form for any of the 1v1 games with @Glen-i but had fun in the others. Loved my win with Rob where I just stood in the corner whilst you guys died. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Loved my win with Rob where I just stood in the corner whilst you guys died. 

Yeah, you didn't win that match, the stage did.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, you didn't win that match, the stage did.

I believe the results screen said “Rob wins” not “Redshells silly crazy stage wins”. So :heh:

• Haha 2

OMG! Just saw @RedShell's Cardboard Box stage for the first time; absolutely sensational! LOVE the hidden photo on the inside, what a lovely touch :bowdown:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1