NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Same reason why Young Link and Toon Link were banned.

BotW Zelda isn't the same person as LttP Zelda. I'm very serious about my Zelda Canon!

source.gif

• Haha 2

Here’s the two custom stages I saved last night. Was for the carnage of smash attacks and Bowser and Ganondorf’s powerful moves. Sorry @RedShell I don’t seem to have the chicken catch, maybe @Glen-i will. 

Best part is easily that double screen squish finalsmash from Bowser. 

• Thanks 1

I know that Time Format is scheduled for this week, but seeing as Kazuya is likely to be released next week and new character night is that format, I thought it'd be better to skip straight to stock this time.

So stock format, 8pm tonight.

Will be missing this week. Away on holiday with family and no decent WiFi here. I’ll be back next week. 

• Thanks 1

Today, I learned that Electroplankton atmospheric sounds don't work if it's the Battlefield version of the stage.

Some tense games there, @RedShell!

Edited by Glen-i

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Today, I learned that Electroplankton atmospheric sounds don't work if it's the Battlefield version of the stage.

Some tense games there, @RedShell!

Today I learned that I much prefer Smash Bros. when it’s 1v1. Actually, I already knew that. :heh: But yeah, it’s just so much easier for me to keep track of what’s going on... most of the time at least. :D 

And yeah, a few of those fights were actually pretty close, which I wasn’t expecting.

Anyway, cheers for the games! :) 

:peace:

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

Today I learned that I much prefer Smash Bros. when it’s 1v1. Actually, I already knew that. :heh: But yeah, it’s just so much easier for me to keep track of what’s going on... most of the time at least. :D 

Nah, that's not me. The more chaos, the better!

I find that if I'm 1v1'ing someone, I'm more prone to making really stupid mistakes. You saw my utter failure as Diddy in the first match. How does someone fall off the stage by landing on it with a recovery!?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, that's not me. The more chaos, the better!

I find that if I'm 1v1'ing someone, I'm more prone to making really stupid mistakes. You saw my utter failure as Diddy in the first match. How does someone fall off the stage by landing on it with a recovery!?

It would be different if I still had decent reflexes, but unfortunately I don’t. :hehe:
*Grandpa Simpson* It’ll happen to you! :heh: 

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely still enjoy 4 player battles, it’s just that half of the time I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on! :laughing:

So, we now have confirmation that Kazuya will be out by Thursday.

Which means, New Character Night!

And boy! This one is complicated! Getting to grips with him is going to be full of mistakes, which means so much more comedy!

Like usual, I'm planning on making a highlight vid after, so I encourage anyone taking part to claim and stick with one costume, so they are easily identifiable in said vid.

White Trousers - 

Red Trousers - S.C.G

Blue Trousers - Glen-i

Black Trousers - 

Black Suit - 

Silver Suit - LazyBoy

Purple Suit - BowserBasher

Gold Suit -

Of course, everyone is welcome, even if they haven't bought the second pass. If you're one of these people, I insist you choose a character from the following list that have some connection with the Tekken series.

X2JHBof_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Namco Character

Pac-Man - 

Mii (Namco Costumes Only) - 

Fighting Game Rivals

Ryu - RedShell

Ken - 

Terry - 

Pokken Characters

Pikachu -

Pikachu (Libre Costume) - 

Mewtwo - 

Lucario - 

Charizard - 

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Costumes

Mario (Builder and Wedding Costume not allowed) - 

Link (Classic Costume Only) - 

Fox - 

Luigi - 

Captain Falcon - 

Peach - 

Bowser - 

Sheik - 

Zelda - 

Ganondorf - 

Zero Suit Samus - 

Kirby

Kirby - 

Yeah, I know. Let me explain. Charizard is in Pokken, but Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't. If you do decide to go with Charizard, I must insist that you try to force yourself to only fighting with Charizard. That means switching back to Charizard as soon as you can after getting KO'd.

And yes, I know Min Min counts as a Fighting Game Rival, but if you have her, you already have Kazuya, so choose him instead.

Anyway, Thursday at 8pm is when this will start.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

I could play some Smash for a little bit, probably an hour or so, see how it goes, it's usually fun trying out a new character. :)

I'll play using the Red Trousers costume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games, everyone. :)

Kazuya seems like a fun character, with a bit of depth to the moveset, not quite as enjoyable to use as some of the other dlc characters, but I can definitely see the potential there. Tekken isn't a series that I'm amazingly familiar with either, but I can see that it has at least got some good series representation here. :peace:

The arena is great, nice to see Heihachi in the background, and the breakable walls, at the start, I thought I was playing a different fighting game, as I broke down one of the walls, and then jumped off the stage, half-expecting it to move to another section of the arena. :blush:

*note to self, this is Smash, not Dead or Alive. :indeed:

Nice to play Smash again for a bit, I'll likely be back on it again at some point, or whenever the next dlc character is released.

• Like 3

Great games. Wasn’t sure I’d like the character, not knowing anything about him and not ever playing a Tekken game, but by the end of it I’m sold on him. He may not be able to jump and recovery is not the best but hitting some of those combos is satisfying especially the 10 hit one. Also has some amazing powerful moves for great KO’s. 
I know both myself and @Glen-i got this saved but best moment of the night goes to me and Glen with that almost endless combo with the other guys stuck in the middle. We were hitting the button at exactly the same time with resulted in some great noises from us over voice chat. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I know both myself and @Glen-i got this saved but best moment of the night goes to me and Glen with that almost endless combo with the other guys stuck in the middle. We were hitting the button at exactly the same time with resulted in some great noises from us over voice chat. 

Great noises = High pitched laughter and shouts of "Keep it going!"

Couldn't believe how many times we nailed that timing!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So I see Smash Bros. Ultimate has become pay-to-win. :heh:

Have to say, it did feel a bit like that for me during those matches last night, much more so than any other newcomer party. Although the fact that I’m not actually very good with Ryu could also be a contributing factor. :hehe:

But yeah, I reckon Kazuya could definitely do with some nerfs. Being on the receiving end of a 10-hit combo is actually incredibly  annoying, think I only managed to escape it once the entire time we were playing! :shakehead

Then there’s the range on his final smash, which is simply ridiculous. It basically covers the entire width of the screen! :eek: And even if you succeed in dodging the first hit, you’ll get caught up in the main part of the attack anyway.

So yeah, it was a bit of a frustrating session. There were some fun moments though, like that never ending combo sandwich. An instant N-E Smash Bros. classic right there! :laughing: Can’t wait to see it again.

The new stage is cool too. The way it breaks apart is spectacular! :cool:

Speaking of stages, I actually had a new custom stage made up (that was quite fitting for the characters we were using) but didn’t get a chance to test it so didn’t select it yesterday. The reason being that it had the potential to cause an infinite sudden death, and getting stuck in that online would not be fun. :D

Looks like it’s OK though, so next time we do time or stamina battles I’ll chuck it into the mix. :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

But yeah, I reckon Kazuya could definitely do with some nerfs. Being on the receiving end of a 10-hit combo is actually incredibly  annoying, think I only managed to escape it once the entire time we were playing! :shakehead

Then there’s the range on his final smash, which is simply ridiculous. It basically covers the entire width of the screen! :eek: And even if you succeed in dodging the first hit, you’ll get caught up in the main part of the attack anyway.

Yeah, it's kinda bonkers how much damage the 10 Hit combo does (Around 40%!) I find some success in getting out of it if you manage to dodge towards Kazuya at a specific moment (That's gonna take practice) and you're prone to being interrupted in a free-for-all.

That Final Smash is just utterly ridiculous though! So many times where I dodged the initial hit, but because someone else took the blow, I still got pummeled with the laser barrage! Definitely right up there with Diddy and Zelda in terms of how OP their Final Smash is.

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Have to say, it did feel a bit like that for me during those matches last night, much more so than any other newcomer party. Although the fact that I’m not actually very good with Ryu could also be a contributing factor.

I’d like to point out how Maidens kept whipping all our butts as non Kazuya, so yeah it was just you 😂

though I do agree his moves do insane damage and have massive launching power. 

• Haha 2

Might be running a bit late tonight, also might be spectating for a few matches at the start.

May join in again tonight, band rehearsal got cancelled so the evening opened up.

• Like 1