NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

OK, I'm thinking enough time has past since Christmas. I want to carry on with Smash nights.

If I remember right, Stock was the last format before Sephiroth, so Stamina will be next.

8pm tonight. That way, I can open the room for 2 hours before Animal Crossing New Year Countdown starts.

Will be opening up in about 5 minutes.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

We really gotta stop killing ourselves right when we're about to win.

Right. The two games I won, I would have died had you not died first. There was the Bowser Jr smash attack and something else. I saved the replay so I’ll make a little “when you’re about to lose and win” video. 

12 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Is there a room open tonight, or has lockdown stopped you playing again @Glen-i

It has, sorry.

Now that we know that Pyra and Mythra are out today. I imagine some of you will want to have a good old N-E new character night!

Unfortunately, I can't organise it. But you shouldn't let one person stop you.

I can still make up the usual list of colour options and alternate character choices for those who haven't bought the second Fighter's Pass so you can not have an embarrassing fashion faux pas.

Whoever organises it should be aware of the general ruleset I use for Time Matches. I generally stick to Time, because fresh characters involve learning how they play, which means that mistakes are inevitable, so you're not punished too harshly by being forced to sit out just because you forgot that Pyra rockets straight down after using her Up B.

3 minutes, Items set to Low with the Special Flag off, Final Smash Meter On and Bottom 2 drop out when more than 4 players are in a room.

Stage choices should be limited to Cloud Sea of Alrest, Guar Plains, or any custom stages that happen to be Xenoblade based, even if they are unbalanced in the most hilarious of ways! (Not naming any names)

That should cover the important points. Now on to the costumes and characters allowed.

If you want to look at the costumes, just go here and click the renders.

Pyra/Mythra

Default - 

Spoileriffic Green - 

Confusing Reversed Colours -

Brown and Yellow Nia Flavour -

Edgy Dark Outfits - 

Aerodynamic White and Blue -

Default Colours, But They Pop! - 

Gold and Silver - 

Now for those people who don't have the second Fighter's Pass, here are a number of characters that are loosely related to Pyra/Mythra.

The Obvious Choices

Shulk, Mii Swordfighter (Dunban and Rex costume only, Rex costume requires the first Fighters Pass)

Swapping before it was cool

Sheik, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer

The British Club

Diddy Kong, Bayonetta, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie

My Sword is a Person too!

Link, Toon Link

Debuted on Switch

Byleth (Yes, I know Min Min would also count, but if you're here, you don't have the second pass, so there's no point in listing her)

Kirby

Kirby

Now, I'll leave the date and time up to whoever decides to host a room, but today would be perfect because the less time people have to practice, the funnier it'll be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Now that we know that Pyra and Mythra are out today. I imagine some of you will want to have a good old N-E new character night!

Unfortunately, I can't organise it. But you shouldn't let one person stop you.

Now, I'll leave the date and time up to whoever decides to host a room, but today would be perfect because the less time people have to practice, the funnier it'll be.

Good point, Glen. :)

And I'm inclined to agree, the earlier the better with dlc characters, so... it might be short notice but, who wants to play as Pyra/Mythra if I set up a room at say... Tonight at 9pm?

Pyra/Mythra 

• Default -
  • Spoileriffic Green -
  • Confusing Reversed Colours -
  • Brown and Yellow Nia Flavour -
  • Edgy Dark Outfits -
  • Aerodynamic White and Blue -
  • Default Colours, But They Pop! - S.C.G
  • Gold and Silver - 

I'll gladly host if anyone wants to join, and if not, just say when would be a better time. :peace:

Room is open, if anyone wants to join.

Room name - Pyramania!

ID: 920GM GQHX3

Set to Friends - Pass 4444 (if applicable)

I'm playing as default colours (but they pop!) all other palettes are available.

I'll keep the room open for a good while. :peace:

@BowserBasher @RedShell

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has an excellent OST. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that was great fun. :D

The room certainly lived up to its title, Pyramania indeed. ;)

It was nice to have some matches against lots of other characters, and see how Pyra fares against Mythra and vice/versa.

Thanks for the games @RedShell and @BowserBasher some close matches there as well. :)

I saved every video, I could actually do something with the footage, make up a highlight reel, will see how the week goes. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has an excellent OST. :smile:

Yeah, the music selection in this pack is top-notch! That new medley is just too good!

You Will Recall Our Names and Driver VS are some songs that I always wanted in Smash as well, so I'm pleased I finally got my wish.

It's hard to tell during a fight, but Azurda has a lot of voice clips when you're fighting on the new stage. (A lot like Metal Face in the Xenoblade 1 stage)

He remarks on when time is about to run out, if someone is down to their last life, what's going on in the background, whether someone slams something into his back, if someone hits him with fire and if Pyra/Mythra get KO'd.

He even comments when the crowd starts chanting a character's name with "Well, someone's popular!"

But my favourite is one hell of a meta comment. "My back? A Smash stage? What will they think of next?"

It's not as diverse as Palutena's Guidance or Snake's Codec Calls, but it's a lot more than I expected.

I definitely prefer Mythra, her combo game is so good! But unlike Sheik or Greninja, she has actual killing power thanks to Pyra!

I can already tell she's gonna be a good character from the hour I played.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, I took a Wi-Fi setup that has recently become available to me out for a test run and I can confirm that it works a treat.

So I'm reviving the regular Thursday Smash ups!

8pm tonight. Time Format.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, was really nice to play Smash with you guys again (god am I out of practice though!)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, was really nice to play Smash with you guys again (god am I out of practice though!)

Eh, you had your fair share of victories. You and your Byleth Sniping Sudden Death Shenanigans!

Heading online in 15 minutes.

Hopefully, more people show up then last week.

OK, I'm gonna hard reset my Switch and see if that fixes matters.

I suggest everyone does the same.

EDIT: Room's open again.

Edited by Glen-i

Did not notice the stage going down at Lumiose City there...

Thanks for the games! Nice to get some rounds of Smash in, it has been too long.