NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Thanks @Sprout for that suggestion. It was great fun. I got some replays saved so hopefully can get some big boom highlights done. 

Thanks for the games. Sorry my connection was a bit flaky tonight though. :hmm: 

@Sprout, that was a fun idea. :cool: We should do more theme nights with set characters/items. :) 

Well I think we'll have to have another attempt when more people are around and connections are more stable, but I'd say it went about as chaotically as intended, pals. I did have one or two other themes in my noggin, but I'll save those thoughts for another time perhaps, possibly after Glen-I's return.

Tonight I decided to be the host, but as mentioned, me being the substitute host probably isn't ideal, so I hope people here can figure out who should take up those duties. Back in my day we just did this stuff on the fly!

Right well this was a job and a half to get but I made a video from Thursday. Cause I don't have the Bomberman DLC I couldn't convert the data into a video but I cold still watch it in my game, yeah I don't get that either. So I had to record the replay data using my capture device, then get them converted to a format iMovie can accept. Then do all the editing in there. Any way I got something out of it. And hopefully this will show @Glen-i that we need to do some theme nights in Smash too.

I was the non Bomber man, @RedShell was Red Bomber man and @Sprout was White. Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Righto, Smash tonight at 9-ish.

Time format.

Oh right, and about theme nights. I think it's a great idea. Seeing as I cycle through Time, Stock and Stamina, perhaps I could do a theme night every fourth week?

Edited by Glen-i

Smashing Stock Format tonight at 9pm.

EDIT: Change of plans, 9:15. I need to eat. May have to spectate at the start.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Smashing Stock Format tonight at 9pm.

EDIT: Change of plans, 9:15. I need to eat. May have to spectate at the start.

Just a heads up if there’s no battle started after a while the room closes itself. 

• Thanks 1

The 17th of December is when we get that deep-dive Sakurai presentation on Sephiroth.

Now, I could be wrong, but something tells me that he'll be available to download shortly after. So I'm suggesting we move the next Smash Session to either Friday or Saturday, depending on when Seph drops. Because new character night is best when they're sparkly fresh and new.

So, as usual I do plan on making a highlight video. And I'd like to ask everyone who has FP2 to declare which Sephiroth they want to use for easy identification in the video. You can see each of his costumes here by clicking the render.

Pardon the crummy formatting. On my phone, will fix it later.

Default Sephiroth - S.C.G
Barely Different Purple Tint Sephiroth - 
Green Coat - 
Red Coat - 
White Coat - BowserBasher
Blue Coat - Glen-i

Topless - 
Topless (Red Trousers) - 

Now, for those of you who haven't got the second Fighters Pass, but still want to join in, I ask that you choose only from this selection of characters that have some connection with Sephiroth. Let me know who you're picking for more easy identification.

Characters owned by Square Enix

Cloud - RedShell
Hero (Eleven) -
Hero (Erdrick) -
Hero (Solo) - 
Hero (Eight) - 

Characters who have been a Final Boss

Dark Samus - 
Bowser - 
Ganondorf - 
Wario - 
Pokémon Trainer (Male) - 
King Dedede - 
Robin - 
Ridley - 
King K. Rool - 

Turn Based RPG protagonists

Ness - 
Pokémon Trainer (Female) - 
Lucas - 
Joker - 

Characters who are Kirby

Kirby - 

That's a decent enough selection. First come, first serve.

Edited by Glen-i

Sorry I didn’t join you guys on Thursday, got way too engrossed in Cyberpunk! :hehe: Anyway, I’ll be back for the next session, will go with Cloud.

26 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ll go with blue coat, dammit you always pick what I will. Ok. White coat for me. 

Perks of being the one who makes the video. (I don't actually mind swapping to Topless if you want it?)

16 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Sorry I didn’t join you guys on Thursday, got way too engrossed in Cyberpunk! :hehe: Anyway, I’ll be back for the next session, will go with Cloud.

Phew! Glad someone is picking Cloud. The video would just feel wrong if he wasn't there.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Perks of being the one who makes the video. (I don't actually mind swapping to Topless if you want it?)

It’s fine. No one wants to see a topless Glen. 😂 I’ll stick with the white. 

• Haha 1

I'll be Default Sephiroth and Friday or Saturday should be fine. :smile:

Oh yeah, and thanks for the games the other night @Glen-i and @BowserBasher I really enjoyed our battles, there were some really close matches there. :D

And some of the match-ups we got were really good, I don't remember the random character selection picking a character that I didn't really want to play as.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i, I’m guessing this smash session won’t take place this weekend now. When do you have in mind?

Assuming all goes to plan. Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

On 18/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, Glen-i said:

Assuming all goes to plan. Tuesday.

Scratch that. @BowserBasher, I can host Sephiroth night tonight at 8pm, if you and others are available.

Gonna mention @RedShell and @S.C.G, seeing as they showed interest.

I'm sure everyone who has the pass has already done so. But you'll need to complete the Sephiroth Challenge in order to unlock him. Doesn't matter what difficulty.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Scratch that. @BowserBasher, I can host Sephiroth night tonight at 8pm, if you and others are available.

Gonna mention @RedShell and @S.C.G, seeing as they showed interest.

I'm sure everyone who has the pass has already done so. But you'll need to complete the Sephiroth Challenge in order to unlock him. Doesn't matter what difficulty.

I haven’t done it yet but will do to join in tonight. 

I've unlocked Sephiroth, though it's likely I'll be playing some Mario Kart online at around 8pm. (especially as I missed playing it this week in the league) :blush:

But I'll likely join a bit later, if that's the case, probably around 9pm or so, but either way, I'm sure it'll be a great session. :D

Room is open now.

As per usual for new character nights, matches will be in Time format for maximum Sudden Death silliness.

Thanks all for the great games. Some amazing matches. I bow out on that final sudden death win there. He’s certainly a fun character to play as. Powerful but can be left wide open. 

• Thanks 1

I just woke up and a horrifying thought just hit me.

The balance patch that comes with Sephiroth doesn't come into effect until tomorrow, which leaves me with one day to get that highlight video in a position where it won't matter that the replays get deleted.

I'm gonna be busy...

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Are we back to Thursday Smashing or skipping this week as we played Tuesday?

With it being Christmas Eve. I was thinking of moving it to Saturday instead.

• Thanks 1