NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Right, not tired this time. Gonna carry on from where I left off.

Stock format tonight, 9-9:15 ish start time.

Nice to see that even when fighting @Sprout, the two of us can take the time to co-ordinate attacks on @RedShell because his shield broke and it'd be very funny to do so and even do synchronised taunts after he's sent flying.

Good games, everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really love it when @Sprout joins. :) The match where he was Pikachu on the 75m stage was just incredible, such mastery of the game on display there while still being comedic. :bowdown: Makes spectating almost as much fun as playing. :D 

Great games last night. I’m assuming @Sprout was the name that started with a C. Lol. I’ve been to sleep and my mind gets wiped. 
Anyway pleased with my two wins especially as Alf which I’m never great as but seem to win as. And Min Min who I do love. I have no idea how I survived the end of that match on Great Bay to win. 

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Great games last night. I’m assuming @Sprout was the name that started with a C. Lol. I’ve been to sleep and my mind gets wiped. 
Anyway pleased with my two wins especially as Alf which I’m never great as but seem to win as. And Min Min who I do love. I have no idea how I survived the end of that match on Great Bay to win. 

Nope, he's the name that started with an M. He's also the best Smasher here by far. The one that starts with a C is @LazyBoy.

7 hours ago, RedShell said:

I really love it when @Sprout joins. :) The match where he was Pikachu on the 75m stage was just incredible, such mastery of the game on display there while still being comedic. :bowdown: Makes spectating almost as much fun as playing. :D 

I was dealt such a bum hand with Snake there. A not so great character for a stage so dependant on jumping ability, and I had to deal with Pichu, Pikachu and Yoshi. I lost before I even begun.

• Thanks 1

Haven't had dinner yet, so Smash tonight will probably be around 9:30-ish.

Stamina mode tonight.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Haven't had dinner yet, so Smash tonight will probably be around 9:30-ish.

Stamina mode tonight.

I’ll pop on for a bit. Be nice to play the game before it gets irreversibly  impaired by that blocky bastard. :heh: 

• Thanks 1

Room's open, but I'm eating, so will be spectating until I'm done.

@LazyBoy is here though.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Room's open, but I'm eating, so will be spectating until I'm done.

@LazyBoy is here though.

Ping me when you're good to go

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

That Chrom comeback from @RedShell was spectacular! Proper close there!

Yeah, I was quite chuffed with that. My custom Yakuza stage gets me all hyped, that must be what did it. :heh: 

Normally after Stamina, I do Time format, but because next week is when Steve will drop, I'd rather save Time for then.

So Stock format tonight. 9pm.

Sorry for the lateness, Mario Kart ran long for reasons.

Will open the room in a minute or so.

Amazing first two matches @Glen-i I didn’t intend for that move to win me the match. 
Also looks like we having issues here too. 

Thanks guys. I actually played pretty well and got more wins than I usually do. Saved a couple replays too so will hopefully get something out of those. 

25 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks guys. I actually played pretty well and got more wins than I usually do. Saved a couple replays too so will hopefully get something out of those. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd three-stock @Sprout in a one-on-one.

Just ignore the fact that I had a Rathalos and a kamikaze Dillon on my side.

Anyway, I've been slowly building up a highlight reel of the past couple of months and with Steve night coming around, it's time I add those last few replays to it and then post it here.

Edited by Glen-i

@Glen-i & @Sprout, you two are sickeningly good at Smash Bros.! :bowdown: I love it. Good luck to you both in the upcoming tournament, think there’s a good chance you could nab some gold points there.

BTW, did I actually win a match during our games, or did I dream it? :laughing: 

Oh, and what was with the arena title tonight, Glen? :heh: 

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Oh, and what was with the arena title tonight, Glen? :heh: 

Isn't it obvious? You're a toilet!

And that's why I needed to tell you.

(No idea, that phrase just randomly popped up in my head after Mario Kart and I went to the loo before booting up Smash)

• Haha 2

Apparently, insomnia thinks that being awake from 7am to 1am isn't enough awake time, so I might as well do this now.

Next Thursday, Steve will be released and as with every other DLC character, we'll all be using him way too much.
And also as usual, I'll be making a highlight reel of the night. Because a load of people playing with a character they barely know is a recipe for hilarity.
(I can't stop people from playing as them in the two days before Thursday, but try not to become super expert with them, spoils the hilarity a little if you don't make mistakes)

For the sake of easy identification, it'd be great if each of you declare which version of Steve/Alex you want to use. You can see each costume here.

Steve - 
Tennis Player Steve -
Scottish Steve - @Glen-i
Alex - 
Tennis Player Alex - 
Swedish Alex - 
Zombie - @BowserBasher
Enderman - 

Yeah, I'm making the video, I get first dibs. And I will be wearing a kilt.

People who haven't bought the second Fighters Pass

I'm not gonna force people to buy the second Fighters Pass just so they can play, that's not cool. But sticking with the usual random choice will make it hard to tell who you are in the highlight video, so here are some characters that are related to Minecraft in some way. It would also look good for the video in a thematic sense. It'd be great if you non Fighters Pass guys would choose one of these characters to play as for the night.

Customisable Avatar Characters

Mii Fighter - 
Robin - 
Corrin - 
Inkling - 

Characters from games with world editing aspects.

Mario (Builder outfit only) - 
Villager - 
Isabelle - 

Character who utillises Minecraft style crafting mechanics

Link - 

Random enemy mook (Like Zombie and Enderman)

Piranha Plant - 

Microsoft-owned character

Banjo & Kazooie - 

Kirby

Kirby - 

So there you have it, it's first come, first serve, so act fast. But I'm gonna mention our N-E regulars @RedShell, @BowserBasher, @S.C.G, @LazyBoy and @Sprout

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bloody hell Glen, sorry to hear about the insomnia. My brother used to have it bad, all I can recommend is no screens after 9, and plenty of exercise and books.

Anyway appreciate the effort above, I'll fill some details in closer to the time.

• Thanks 1

I'll be up for joining next Thursday.

I'll do the same as Ryan and make my choice later. Still umming and ahhing about whether to get the DLC now or not...

• Thanks 1