NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Sorry, @Sprout. You're way too skilled to leave unchecked. Had to try and take you down. Didn't work, unsurprisingly, but at least the damage was done.

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks for the games everyone. :peace:

Nice to see you again @Sprout (it’s always fun watching @Glen-i panic :heh:) and congratulations on being the first person to ever get a K.O. from inside the Mario Paint robot! Didn’t think it was possible.

Fun times everyone. @Glen-i our very first match was pretty awesome. I can’t believe I actually won it though. Some great close final moments with @Sprout too. You got Min Min down to a tee. 

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Fun times everyone. @Glen-i our very first match was pretty awesome. I can’t believe I actually won it though. Some great close final moments with @Sprout too. You got Min Min down to a tee. 

You could say that for almost any character he plays as.

Well, except Diddy. He seems as clumsy as I am with Diddy.

@Sprout has the strange effect of always making me make the same stupid mistake over and over. I try to dodge behind him and get hit by a down smash. You're damn right I'm gonna do that multiple times in the same match.

Actually, I do that with most people who play at a remotely competitive level. I get proper stressed out.

Thanks for the games everyone, those were some fun matches, I almost forgot how much fun Byleth is to play as. :D

Also, I'm really not that good at playing as Falco, some characters in Smash just don't 'click' with me.

Since when did I get 4 characters into Elite Smash!?

And why is one of them Wii Fit Trainer?

EDIT: Oh right, code is 4444.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Sakurai & Co. have lowered the required threshold to get a character into Elite Smash. This has resulted into some characters automatically getting Elite status when they didn't have it before.

I assume you used Wii Fit Trainer in Quickplay at some point? Or maybe for a tourney? Either way, congrats, you stretched those legs into the big leagues.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Sakurai & Co. have lowered the required threshold to get a character into Elite Smash. This has resulted into some characters automatically getting Elite status when they didn't have it before.

I assume you used Wii Fit Trainer in Quickplay at some point? Or maybe for a tourney? Either way, congrats, you stretched those legs into the big leagues.

Ah, that explains it, because I haven't played QuickPlay since I finished all the challenges around 2 years ago.

Not gonna touch Elite Smash though. I like me my silly items and funny stages.

I've actually gotten a lot better with Wii Fit Trainer. Still need a bit of practice to get the art of football redirection down, but she's a lot of fun.

Anyway, good matches tonight, guys. Got a couple of videos recorded because some stuff was just too funny.

Fun times. Had a horrible run with characters I just can’t use well towards the end there but pulled off a nice win with Dark Samus in the end. 

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Fun times. Had a horrible run with characters I just can’t use well towards the end there but pulled off a nice win with Dark Samus in the end. 

Was one of them Shulk? I can count the amount of people I know who can use him well on one hand.

Buster does more damage, Smash does more knockback. Remember that, and you'll do better with him.

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Was one of them Shulk? I can count the amount of people I know who can use him well on one hand.

Buster does more damage, Smash does more knockback. Remember that, and you'll do better with him.

Yup. Snake, Game and Watch, that little run with them. 

Good games last night everyone. :peace:

Started playing with the Joy-Con for some weird reason (think the heat got to me :heh:) so was doing even worse than usual in the first couple of fights. Then my brain kicked in and I remembered that I have a GCN controller. :hehe: 

Was glad I at least managed a win with R.O.B (still got it ;)) although it was a very close call.

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

What GSP are you at for those characters? Took a look at my roster, unsurprisingly I’m not in Elite Smash. :grin: Not even R.O.B, who I have at over 7 million GSP.

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Good games last night everyone. :peace:

Started playing with the Joy-Con for some weird reason (think the heat got to me :heh:) so was doing even worse than usual in the first couple of fights. Then my brain kicked in and I remembered that I have a GCN controller. :hehe: 

Was glad I at least managed a win with R.O.B (still got it ;)) although it was a very close call.

What GSP are you at for those characters? Took a look at my roster, unsurprisingly I’m not in Elite Smash. :grin: Not even R.O.B, who I have at over 7 million GSP.

The lowest GSP I have in Elite Smash is with Wii Fit Trainer at 7,386,244 GSP. (Highest is with Chrom at 7,443,584)

So you're probably not far off with R.O.B. Keep in mind that I have Shulk at 7,317,072 and that's not good enough.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games last night everyone. :)

There were some really comical "Game!" moments at the end of certain matches. :D

Some good match-ups as well, also, that's probably the first time I can remember winning a match as Diddy Kong.

• Like 1

Popping to the shop, might be a tad late opening the room.

EDIT: Room's open now.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Fun Times. Great first few matches with @Glen-i and I surprised myself when I won the sudden death with olimar. And that win With Mario on the Pikmin stage I have no idea how I won as I wasn’t even trying. Great final match too. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games everyone. :D

Some fun matches there, also plenty of fun had on that new(?) stage @RedShell :p

I managed to stay out of the 'middle section of massive damage' for quite some time as Ridley there. :)

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Some fun matches there, also plenty of fun had on that new(?) stage @RedShell :p

I managed to stay out of the 'middle section of massive damage' for quite some time as Ridley there. :)

Ah yeah, that's his tweaked Poké Ball Stage. (I say tweaked, it's basically a different stage) Has that same spinning ball of death concept, but it's strangely balanced. I dig it!

What wasn't balanced was the Tennis stage going into Sudden Death and @RedShell getting killed immediately. (I think it was him, laughing too hard to clearly recall)
Nothing you could do about it and it was magnificent!

• Haha 1

Just sharing this match from Thursday, Only reason was that I was just messing about most the time in this match, not really trying and I still won. I still don’t know how  

• Haha 1