NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Thanks for the games @Glen-i @RedShell & @BowserBasher :D

We had some fantastic battles there, some really good random matchups with the characters as well, I feel more practiced with the Fire Emblem cast now. :p 

For some reason, when it's down to Glen and I at the end, we usually end up getting some perfectly picked characters, not as perfect as Ryu & Ken on Suzaku Castle Stage mind, but Toon Link vs Ganondorf on Paper Mario stage and double Banjo & Kazooie on the New Super Mario Bros. stage were certainly highlights. :smile:

I totally botched that Meta Knight v Pacman stage... :blush: I did the classic, not really paying attention at the character select screen and thought I was Meta Knight.

It's good to have you back with us Glen, hopefully every Thursday from now on, if that's the case, then you can count me in for more Smash. :peace:

• Like 1

We might have a new challenger approaching this evening. (assuming that's cool?) :)

My brother has been talking about us playing Smash online for a while now, so I mentioned that we're usually playing Smash from 9PM. :D

If he needs the password, is is still the same as Monster Hunter?

He might not have all characters unlocked yet, but I made sure that he has the first set of DLC characters when I finally set him up with his Switch last year. :smile:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

We might have a new challenger approaching this evening. (assuming that's cool?) :)

My brother has been talking about us playing Smash online for a while now, so I mentioned that we're usually playing Smash from 9PM. :D

If he needs the password, is is still the same as Monster Hunter?

He might not have all characters unlocked yet, but I made sure that he has the first set of DLC characters when I finally set him up with his Switch last year. :smile:

Oh, I stopped using passwords once I realised that Friends don't need to. But I can open it up as a password room tonight.

4444 for you non-Monster Hunters out there.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Room's open.

@S.C.G, you might have to tell your brother the room ID if he doesn't have my friend code. He can tell he got the right room because I'm the only person in the world who uses the Dillon picture.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Room's open.

@S.C.G, you might have to tell your brother the room ID if he doesn't have my friend code. He can tell he got the right room because I'm the only person in the world who uses the Dillon picture.

Thanks, I've let him know. :)

He should be joining in a couple of matches, hopefully. :D

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, slow motion final smash is definitely a new one!

That was amazing. :D 

Wow, it happened again! And with Fox, no less!

How long have we been playing Stamina? This never happens!

• Thanks 1

All that style and I spoil it all by killing myself with Sheik's Final Smash.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

See ya next Thursday for Min Min shenanigans!

• Thanks 1

Great games guys. Had a few great wins then that one win as Bowser, only cause @RedShell couldn’t get to me as I was stuck in that gap. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the games @Glen-i @RedShell @BowserBasher and @L.J.G. (Yes, I'm mentioning you, even though you're not an active forum member) :p

Those were some great matches I thought, I was surprised seeing my brother play better than I ever have with Dragon Quest's Hero. :D

Whatever happened at the end of Red's Bayonetta stage was... unprecedented and amusing. :grin:

Next week should be interesting. :smile:

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

See ya next Thursday for Min Min shenanigans!

No fighters pass for me this time around, so guess I’ll just spectate in order to not ruin the shenanigans. :hehe: 

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, it happened again! And with Fox, no less!

How long have we been playing Stamina? This never happens!

Yeah, very strange indeed. Smash Bros. clearly doesn’t like the heat. :grin: Also, during the last match I played (on my Rhythm Epilation stage) the rumble motor inside my Gamecube controller would not stop! :hehe: I took that as a sign it was time to stop playing. :laughing: 

Anyway, thanks for the games everyone! :peace:

• Thanks 1

OK, guys. Min Min N-E Smash tonight at 9pm.

Like all new character nights, it will be Time format, and as usual, I'll be recording every match not on a custom stage so I can make a highlight reel later.

First things first, You don't need to have the second fighters pass to join in. I understand that some people are waiting until they know more of any future characters before deciding on purchasing it and you shouldn't be left out just because you're being cautious. Just don't complain about all the Min Min and Spring Stadium that will pop up.

To help differentiate yourself in the highlight video, it'd be great if everyone chose a different colour Min Min to play as for the night. If you don't know what they look like, you can visit the Smash site and click the Min Min render to see each one. Once you've decided, post here about which one you want to play as and it'll make it easier for me to say who is who.

Default Min Min - @S.C.G
Light Blue Hat, Purple Chest - @BowserBasher
Red Hat, Red Chest - @Jonnas
Black Hat, Black Chest (Yellow Waist)
Blue Hat, Blue Chest - @Glen-i
Red Hat, Yellow Chest
Blue Hat, White Chest
Black Hat, Black Chest (Black Waist)

As you can tell, I want the all blue costume.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Go on then, I'll be default.

I'd best get the dlc bought and downloaded though.

I don't think my brother is buying the dlc (he's only recently got into SSBU, so he's got plenty of content already) but I'm sure he'd probably like to join us again. :D

ARGH! I can't make a punny title because it keeps getting censored!

OK, room's open now.

Password is 4444.

• Haha 1

Apologies. Got sidetracked by matches with other friends, and now's dinner :/ Won't be able to make it after all.

Y'all can take the Red Min-Min

• Thanks 1

Wow! Min Min is tough! :o The fact she can edge guard from the middle of the stage is pretty damn scary too. :eek: 

Anyway, thanks for the games. :peace:

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the slightly early closure, but I got plenty of content to use in a vid!

Yeah, Min Min is an awkward character to say the least, a lot to take in with her. Stage is proper bonkers though!

Thanks for the matches!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games everyone, Min Min for the win win! :D

• Thanks 1

Tonights N-E Smash is Stock format, 9pm.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1