NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Ha, I would like some way of winning. Occasionally someones does get through the wall..

Thanks for the games @RedShell and @Sméagol great fun. Had to get a pic of this moment. That Pokeball/lava stage was something else entirely  😂

now off to edit a little video together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Ha, I would like some way of winning. Occasionally someones does get through the wall..

Yeah, one of my more experimental stage designs. I just find it funny seeing the characters fly around uncontrollably. :heh:

Speaking of funny, here's a highlight from Friday's shenanigans. I didn't notice at the time, but @BowserBasher (as Villager) does one of the most spectacular SDs!: :D

Not sure if that was intentional or not, hilarious either way though. :laughing:

• Haha 4
  • Weird 2

On 03/05/2019 at 9:21 PM, Glen-i said:

That Dr. Mario finish might just be my most stylish finish ever!

Poor Pika. :grin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

Not sure if that was intentional or not, hilarious either way though. :laughing:

Er yeah. I totally meant to do that. :heh:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Er yeah. I totally meant to do that. :heh:

Trust me, you are not the first person I've seen learn the hard way that the tree falling down counts as a projectile.

Still as funny as the first time.

• Haha 1

Oh right, before I forget.

Tonight's Thursday Smash Session will be Time. 9:30.

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, before I forget.

Tonight's Thursday Smash Session will be Time. 9:30.

Great. I’ve got a couple of new stages to beta test. :heh: 

Will probably have to use manual stage select in order to get them chosen though (I have quite a collection of custom stages now :hehe:) so can everyone remember the thing about not starting the next match too quickly please? :)

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Will probably have to use manual stage select in order to get them chosen though (I have quite a collection of custom stages now :hehe:) so can everyone remember the thing about not starting the next match too quickly please? :)

Ah right. Thanks for reminding me.

Before pressing Start in the arena, please wait until everyone is either in the ring, the spectator stand or the waiting area (The blue walkway to the right, not the other areas around it)

This lets people watch your matches and possibly save replays for future usage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Ah right. Thanks for reminding me.

Before pressing Start in the arena, please wait until everyone is either in the ring, the spectator stand or the waiting area (The blue walkway to the right, not the other areas around it)

This lets people watch your matches and possibly save replays for future usage.

No probs.
I'm pretty amazed at some of the design choices in Battle Arenas really, it just seems like they didn't properly think it through. :blank:

This probably wouldn't be possible from a technical standpoint (or very difficult to pull off) but it would've been absolutely amazing if the arena had a live view of the current match in a little TV screen or something. Like this:

And no matter at what point you joined the arena, if there was a match in progress, it's being shown on that screen in real-time. If you put your token in the spectator stands it would instantly make it full screen. :cool: Damn, I really want to see this in a future patch now. :grin:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Damn, I really want to see this in a future patch now. :grin:

And now I do too. Why do you do this to me!?

• Haha 3

Another week, another Smash session.

Tonight is the time for Stock Matches. 9:30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Room's open now.

I'll be spectating for a tad. I'm eating.

Enjoy the show! :heh: 

Oh my daze, this 2nd stage is hilariously cruel!

And that 3rd is really impressive! Not sure how you got each leg to move like that.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Guinness world record for most final smashes on that Metroid stage? :laughing:  

Anyway, that’s it for me. Cheers for the games everyone!

:peace:

• Thanks 1

Suddenly, your choice of music for the Fresh Prince stage makes a whole lot more sense.

Edited by Glen-i

Anyway, a shorter video from me consisting of last week's leftover matches and yesterdays.

It has everything, slick dodges, a sudden death, 15 seconds of constant chaos and the ultimate betrayal.

It doesn't have someone hitting the screen though, so it's a complete failure.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RedShell said:

What's the rule set for post-MK Smash tonight, @Glen-i? Got some new stages to test. :D

Oh right, Stamina Mode this week.

9:30

• Thanks 1