NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

I'll open a room at 8pm if anyone is interested. I'm kinda half cut right now so I dunno if i'll be any good or not.

I'll edit the post wit ihthe arena ID when it's open

ID: LD1MY

Edited by martinist

I'll join in  half our or so.

I'm eating a chocolate pie while playing with my raspberry pi.

26 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm eating a chocolate pie while playing with my raspberry pi.

tenor.gif

New ID is BMXGP

Edited by martinist
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

So I’ve played hundreds of online matches now and collected a load of Smash Tags from all over the world in the process, but other than the few games I had with N-E peeps, none of the other players that I’ve encountered online have been from the UK. :o Seems very strange given how the game is supposed to prioritise connecting to nearby players. ::shrug:

Anyway, there plans for some N-E Smash tonight?

22 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, there plans for some N-E Smash tonight?

Put me down as a maybe, it depends on if anything turns up that would take me away from it.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Put me down as a maybe, it depends on if anything turns up that would take me away from it.

Cool.

Will try to get a room open at around 8pm. Probably just with the 1 ruleset this time though. Such a shame they screwed that aspect of the online up in this game. :( 

So I've got the online now, at least for the next 6 days. Anything I need to know to join?

5 minutes ago, Tales said:

So I've got the online now, at least for the next 6 days. Anything I need to know to join?

Just the official N-E super secret password...

Spoiler

:hehe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone else setup a room, see if that improves the connection? Terrible stuttering on this so far. :hmm: 

• Like 1

Maybe a try without me,  I don't have the best connection with the Switch it seems. I'm done for tonight anyway.

Edited by Tales

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Can someone else setup a room, see if that improves the connection? Terrible stuttering on this so far. :hmm: 

I've done it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Maybe a try without me,  I don't have the best connection with the Switch it seems. I'm done for tonight anyway.

You on wi-fi? 

It seems to be even worse without you anyway. :heh: 

Thanks for the games. :) 

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

You on wi-fi? 

It seems to be even worse without you anyway. :heh: 

Thanks for the games. :) 

Yes I am. I suspected it was me because I got zero bars on the Switch, just that little dot at the bottom of wi fi symbol is black. I am little bit too far away from the landlord's router I guess. But it is fine on Mario Kart, PS4 and my laptop, the latter which has 2 of 3 bars, so I don't know for sure what is the issue, if the distance matter or if it is me at all. But we can try again later. Like I said I got 5 or 6 days of the trial and maybe I'll sign up for a month mainly for Mario Kart.

Glad I got to win one game at least. I'm not very good at fighting games and I've only got around 15 hours on Smash unlocking 20 or so characters. So as soon as that three way sudden death started, my plan was clear from the beginning, wait for the other two to fight it out, which they went at it right away anyway, and then make my move as soon as the winner turned around for me. Surprised it worked :p

• Thanks 1

Geoffrey's worst nightmare, See-saw Lifts.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

OK, that’s it for me. Cheers for the games everyone. :) 

The conection was absolutely atrocious tonight though, which was unfortunate.

58 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Geoffrey's worst nightmare, See-saw Lifts.

Yeah, was sure that would be the funniest Fresh Mii event tonight, but I managed to top it with Jazz’s epic self destruct off a tall building! :laughing: