NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Also, the total lack of options to play a set type of game type is ridiculous. Sure, you can set your preferences but whether you actually get to play with them is total pot luck.

tenor.gif

You cannot choose what type of game you want to play? That is unacceptable.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

tenor.gif

You cannot choose what type of game you want to play? That is unacceptable.

Not in quick play you can't. I like to play with Stock rules but I keep getting put in Timed matches. It's so frustrating!

Honestly, I’m surprised you’ve had so much lag. My experience with online has been pretty smooth so far. Only experienced lag 2 or 3 times, but when it was bad, it was baaaaaaad. Are you on a wired connection?

5 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Honestly, I’m surprised you’ve had so much lag. My experience with online has been pretty smooth so far. Only experienced lag 2 or 3 times, but when it was bad, it was baaaaaaad. Are you on a wired connection?

I'm not. My Switch has always been a piece of junk for a lot of online gaming. I think ARMS and Monster Hunter are the only games that have worked fine. Mario Party has been the worst so far but LOADS of people complained about that, so it was probably just the shoddy backend that Nintendo had implemented with that game. I can play my other consoles online fine with wireless but not the Switch. 

Nah, I'm not. I'll plug my Wii ethernet adaptor in and see if that improves it. Although I'm not too fussed as once I nab these challenges then I won't be touching the online anymore.

29 minutes ago, Phube said:

Is this a private battle or can anyone join?

@dazzybee , @Nicktendo 

We were just messing about, it was an open room but I think it’s max 4 players playing at once. I’ve left now and they’re all still playing.

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not. My Switch has always been a piece of junk for a lot of online gaming. I think ARMS and Monster Hunter are the only games that have worked fine. Mario Party has been the worst so far but LOADS of people complained about that, so it was probably just the shoddy backend that Nintendo had implemented with that game. I can play my other consoles online fine with wireless but not the Switch. 

Nah, I'm not. I'll plug my Wii ethernet adaptor in and see if that improves it. Although I'm not too fussed as once I nab these challenges then I won't be touching the online anymore.

I had loads of problems on WiFi, especially with Rocket League and Splatoon 2, despite having a fast connection. Got my LAN adapter back in March and it’s been flawless ever since. The release day models must have some really shoddy WiFi tech inside them.

• Like 1

So who's up for some post Mario Kart Smash?

I'm thinking 4-player, 3-stock, low items, random stages? (except Palutena's Temple, I want matches to actually end)

I'm open to changing it to Stamina 3-stock though.

Yes! I am. I may actually be able to join for MK8 as well tonight but I probably won’t know until about 7pm. So I’ll write in that thread if I can play.

8 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

When is the MK8 done? I might join for a couple of matches :D

Starts at 8pm and we're normally done at around quarter to 9.

So 9pm is when we normally start playing other games. So yeah, 9pm.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So who's up for some post Mario Kart Smash?

I'm thinking 4-player, 3-stock, low items, random stages? (except Palutena's Temple, I want matches to actually end)

I'm open to changing it to Stamina 3-stock though.

tenor.gif?itemid=6103455

Shall we say last place goes to the spectator stand?

EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Come on over. Listen to some Dillon music.

I changed it instantly to F-Zero medley. :hehe: 

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Shall we say last place goes to the spectator stand?

I off now anyway, eyes are bleeding. :heh: Plus, I’ll not be able to do anything as awesome as that final Falcon Punch, so I’m going out on a high. :laughing: 

Thanks for the games everyone, great fun!

:peace:

• Like 1

That hurt me hard, if you're talking about the one you gave to my bowser :cry:

Great games everyone, even though I now know how much I suck :p

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

That hurt me hard, if you're talking about the one you gave to my bowser :cry:

I was, yeah. Sorry. :grin: 

If Bowser had just a little bit more reach then that wouldn’t have worked out like it did. 

Anyway, looking forward to more online N-E shenanigans soon. :bouncy:

It was one helluva finish though, so it was worth it :D I'm glad the games are as stable as they are when I'm playing from Norway with you guys in the UK (and other places in europe), but Nintendo really need to sort out a way of messaging people. I mean, just let us send messages on the Switch Online app, I don't really need anything else. If we get that, then we don't need to spam down this forum. 

I had already resigned myself to the fact that the online would be poor for me. Living in Russia and sharing my connection with 4 other people I thought I’d have no chance, but playing online has been so smooth, I’m really surprised. Hats off to Nintendo for FINALLY implementing good online in Smash. I was playing with 2 guys in Japan and one in Ireland the other day and there was only onc small hiccup when my internet crapped out.

We should probably get on the voice chat app next time, looks like they’re focusing on that rather than text chat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Some highlights from last night:

Longer version can be found here:

https://youtu.be/U3KAyPXlcRk

:peace:

I lost my composure when I started taunting with Jigglypuff and then the crowd joined right on in!
You can't make that stuff up!

• Haha 3