N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Hero-of-Time

On 7/28/2024 at 11:03 AM, BowserBasher said:

Well that was quick.

Funnily enough, that's a perfect visual metaphor for what Mother 3's plot does to Lucas.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:39 PM, Ike said:

Never going to get timing like that again

That's not a visual metaphor, but it is sick.

Anyway, Stamina matches tonight from 8pm.

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Shorter stream this time as I was late to the party, but I still managed to check with everyone to see if they we're OK, and it turns out that they were. ;)

Terry: "Are you OK?"

Everyone: "Yes, Terry we're OK there's no need to..."

Terry: "BUSTA WALF!"

Next week, I should be early almost for certain.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (03/08/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Shame you weren’t there earlier, we had some funny moments. One I remember was down to me and @Glen-i on Magicant. Assist trophy appears on a ledge below the main stage, Glen goes “ooh mine”, jumps under stage to ledge and it disappears just as he gets there. Plummets to death. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Shame you weren’t there earlier, we had some funny moments. One I remember was down to me and @Glen-i on Magicant. Assist trophy appears on a ledge below the main stage, Glen goes “ooh mine”, jumps under stage to ledge and it disappears just as he gets there. Plummets to death. 

True, it was just one of those weeks where I was almost on track to be on time, and then things happened, it's all good though.

Next week I should almost certainly be early, as I'll likely be home for a change, due to a public transport strike, so I'll make the best of it, and that should also involve being early for Super Smash Bros. on the Saturday. :peace:

Right, theme night! Although, it's not much of a standard theme, more of a format change. With only 4 of us expected to play this time, it's time for the return of...

Team Battle

No character, stage, or item restrictions this time, but once there's 4 of us, we'll be playing 2 V 2 matches! Like last time, we'll be playing Time format to minimise the time someone might spend in a 2-on-1 situation.

To keep things simple, I'll rotate myself around to team up with each person after every match, and use voice chat to co-ordinate that with the other 2 people there. So @Ike won't need to change his team colour.

Format: Team Battle, Time, 3 Minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 8!

• Thanks 1

Nice, this should change things up a bit for a week. :smile:

I take it that "Team Attack" will be set to "Off"? I hope so, for the sake of whoever is on Team Terry... :p

350?cb=20191107012202&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=db4

"Here's the big one... BUSTA WALF!"

See you at 8pm. :peace:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Nice, this should change things up a bit for a week. :smile:

I take it that "Team Attack" will be set to "Off"? I hope so, for the sake of whoever is on Team Terry... :p

350?cb=20191107012202&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=db4

"Here's the big one... BUSTA WALF!"

See you at 8pm. :peace:

Oh, right, forgot to mention that. Yeah, it'll be off. Because we choose Random the majority of the time, I trust us to not exploit team setups that are way too good. (Double Belmonts, Double Mother Kids, etc). Especially with items and Final Smashes on, it's better to keep it off.

"Team Attacks" being off doesn't apply to items that you can hit yourself with by the way, so careful where you throw those Bob-ombs.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Apologies to all. Away with family on holiday but I tried using phone to hotspot the Switch to play. It’s been fine in the past for Smash but it just wasn’t playing ball.
It would connect and I could see the room but it just wouldn’t let me join it no matter how many attempts. I’ll see you next Saturday and we can do the theme then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I've always heard it as "Here are the big bucks!"...

Yup, this is me. But that's what I love about Terry. Without that hint of "Wait, what is he saying?", he would be a lot blander.

His Engrish voice clips make me smile. Way more entertaining then Ryu or Kazuya. Although both of those are still fun in Smash.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ike said:

@S.C.G

That's what I thought... those seem to be the two most popular Terry translations.

Also, yeah that Sonic vs Sonic fight was fun.

Thanks for the games. :smile:

The whole Team Battle theme might not have worked out tonight, but there were some instances where Terry had to be teamed up on to stop him checking up on everyone... "Are you OK? Are you OK? Busta Walf! Are you OK? Powa Geyzer!" :D

Even though it wasn't quite as planned, Three-player Smash was still pretty good overall.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (10/08/2024)

- - - - -

15 hours ago, Ike said:

That makes more sense than what I hear. “Here’s a beat box” or similar. lol

But then I thought with Pyra and Mythra up B for Pyra she said Dominant Purple :laughing: