NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ganepark32

Hades (PC)

The next game from Supergiant Games, announced at the Game Awards last night. Hades is a rogue-like action RPG dungeon crawler where you're fighting your way out of the underworld in Greek mythology. It's available now through early access on the Epic Game Store and given past titles, I'd expect to see the game arrive on consoles upon full release. They've said that it's likely to hit a variety of platforms when it's finished so could land on PS4, Xbox One and possibly Switch but they've not announced anything yet.

Anything by Supergiant Games is an instant buy from me as I loved Transistor and Pyre and really enjoyed Bastion. This looks to carry on the same wit and humour that they're games are known for as well as a fantastic art direction, a world steeped in history and myth and will no doubt have a brilliant soundtrack.

I'm never usually fussed for rogue-likes but I can get behind this because of the developer. Can't wait for the full release but very interesting to see it release through not just early access (it's the first time they've done this for a title) but only on the Epic Game Store at the moment. Seems like that second sentiment is going to become more common in the coming months as devs look to the new Epic Game Store for a better cut and control on their games.