NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 ( Switch Exclusive )

Just announced at the Game Awards.

The Nintendo Switch video game system is about to get a lot more heroic. MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order is heading exclusively to the Nintendo Switch system for Super Hero gaming action at home or on the go. The new game, which arrives nearly 10 years after the previous installment in the series, is being developed by KOEI TECMO GAMES/Team NINJA and published by Nintendo. Nintendo made the announcement with a trailer shown during The Game Awards in Los Angeles.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 3

I missed some good stuff apparently (but I slept pretty well, so whatever :laughing: ).

Is this Warriors but with Marvel? it doesn't really look like it. I'm not sure if it's for me.

That said.. It could be massive. Especially if they manage to release this alongside Avengers 4.

10 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I missed some good stuff apparently (but I slept pretty well, so whatever :laughing: ).

Is this Warriors but with Marvel? it doesn't really look like it. I'm not sure if it's for me.

If it's anything like the previous 2 games then it's more of brawler. Think something like Streets of Rage or Final Final but in 3D and with a top down perspective, although the camera seems to be a little closer in this iteration. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It’s usually described more like a Diablo style game.

Yeah, that's probably a better comparison.

So a Marvel game, published by Nintendo and exclusive to a Nintendo console, developed by Koei-Tecmo and Team Ninja?

Is this Bizzaro World?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

So a Marvel game, published by Nintendo and exclusive to a Nintendo console, developed by Koei-Tecmo and Team Ninja?

Is this Bizzaro World?

I kind of see it as another Bayonetta situation. A series which is well thought of but I don't think sold massively well.

I get the feeling that this being exclusive to Switch might have something to do with there being little chance of The Avengers project making its way over. This way, everyone gets some Marvel goodness on their console. 

• Like 1

Why have they named this Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?  It doesn't look much like the previous two at all (or the X-Men Legends games prior).

If Nintendo are publishing it though, I am interested to see how it turns out.

12 hours ago, Grazza said:

Daft question, but is the green woman She-Hulk or Gamora?

Yes

it's Gamora

Edited by Agent Gibbs

35 minutes ago, Tim B said:

This game is missing from the "upcoming events" part of the forum on the right, in case of the mods are reading this. It's being released on 19th July.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07RXX7LJ5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1VB9LY2E6NIPG&keywords=marvel+ultimate+alliance+3&qid=1561569925&s=gateway&sprefix=Marvel+ultimate+all%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-1

You're free to add it yourself.

• Thanks 1

Seems to be about as good as the other entries in the series.

Launch trailer:

Free characters and character announcements for the first DLC pack.

I'm a bit gutted that Cyclops (he was always right) and Colossus aren't available at launch. I need my X-Men fix. I'm still annoyed that Gambit or X-Man didn't make the cut. :nono:

• Thanks 1

I take it that nobody else picked this up then? Shame. I've been playing the online co-op on and off throughout the day and it's been a blast.

There's a surprising amount of depth to it. From the way you time your ultimate move usage with the people you're playing with, to which character you select to grant the bonus power ups you need for a stage.

I've not been able to make my mutants/X-Men team yet as I haven't unlocked a lot of them. I'm currently rocking Wolverine and Scarlet Witch as they are the only mutants I have at the moment. Spidey (original) and Thor are taking the other two spots.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it that nobody else picked this up then? Shame. I've been playing the online co-op on and off throughout the day and it's been a blast.

There's a surprising amount of depth to it. From the way you time your ultimate move usage with the people you're playing with, to which character you select to grant the bonus power ups you need for a stage.

I've not been able to make my mutants/X-Men team yet as I haven't unlocked a lot of them. I'm currently rocking Wolverine and Scarlet Witch as they are the only mutants I have at the moment. Spidey (original) and Thor are taking the other two spots.

I mean, I'm likely to review it for N-E soon. But you'll never know!

Sign in to follow this