NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Colin Farrell Team Racing Nitro-Fueled 21st June 2019

It seems various members of the gaming press are being sent little gift baskets similar to the Spryo eggs before the trilogy remake got announced. 

With both the Game Awards and the Kinda Funny show happening in a couple of days time, I wonder if this will pop up in either of these shows?

• Thanks 1

Please don't let this be some sick troll

It seems various members of the gaming press are being sent little gift baskets similar to the Spryo eggs before the trilogy remake got announced. 
With both the Game Awards and the Kinda Funny show happening in a couple of days time, I wonder if this will pop up in either of these shows?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Deathjam said:

Please don't let this be some sick troll

Eurogamer are reporting that it all seems legit. Looks like the PS4 will finally get a good kart racer on it come next year.

CTR was amazing, we were just chatting about it on Overwatch. Would love a remake.

I'm definitely grateful for this hopefully getting a standalone remastered release.

I wonder if the game will be updated to include online?

Just woke up.

Brb masturbating to the trailer.

Edit: Seriously, though, this announcement made me soooo happy. And it's awesome to see that everyone gets a chance to play it as it's bound for a release and all three major platforms.

In my opinion the best kart racer still out there. Can't wait :D 

Edited by drahkon

Hopefully they've added online to this, will be excellent if that's the case.  Only debate is what system to get it on, PS4 or Switch.

5 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Hopefully they've added online to this, will be excellent if that's the case.  Only debate is what system to get it on, PS4 or Switch.

30 second mark of that video: "Race Online"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

30 second mark of that video: "Race Online"

Can't view the video in the office.  Well now i know it's online, perfect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Can't view the video in the office.

Fair enough :p 

Oh man, I cannot freaking wait. This announcement made my day. And it's going to be an amazing day anyways with Smash being released :D 

Can't view the video in the office.  Well now i know it's online, perfect.
Get back to work!
  • Haha 1

How much do you value party chat and being able to invite friends? :p

I only got to play a tiny bit of this on the old ps but what puts this above or at least on par with Mario kart?

No thread for Switch? Well. Adventure Mode has been detailed (was it known before this point that the game has one?)

Spoiler

It’s the Survival of the Fastest, and you’ll need to bring your best as you race for the fate of the planet! With Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, we at Beenox are thrilled to bring back the groundbreaking campaign mode from the original Crash Team Racing, the Adventure Mode, which pits you against the nefarious alien Nitros Oxide. Oxide claims to be the fastest racer in the galaxy, and his challenge is simple: he will square off against the best racer on Earth. If he wins, he turns the planet to a parking lot. If he loses, he leaves Earth alone. Choose your favorite racer, earn your place as Earth’s best by collecting trophies and defeating bosses, and then square off against Oxide to save the planet… talk about high stakes!

The Adventure Mode’s Legacy

My introduction to Crash Team Racing in 1999 was with the Adventure Mode, and it is still the part of the game that has left the biggest impression on me over the years. At Beenox, we believe that so much of the joy of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will come from racing against your friends in local or online play. But we also feel strongly that a big part of what made Crash Team Racing special in the ‘90s, and what will make Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled special in 2019, is this single-player campaign experience. It was a unique thing to see a campaign mode in a kart racer. This was relatively new for the genre, and in true Crash Bandicoot fashion it was filled to the brim with the wacky personality you came to expect from the franchise. I remember endless nights honing my skills, feeling that sense of progression, and experiencing the satisfaction of earning new characters as I raced my way to the final confrontation with Oxide. It was the most engaging experience I ever had with a kart racer, which is something that I have kept in mind while working on the Adventure Mode for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.

The Adventure Mode: Nitro-Fueled

In bringing the Adventure Mode back, we knew we had to hit all the elements that made the original so special. The challenges are the same—there are trophy races, boss races, relic races, token races, and gem cups. The characters are back—choose from Crash, Coco, Cortex, Polar, Pura, Tiny, or any of the other starting lineup characters you remember from the original. And the thrill of earning new characters (like Ripper Roo and Pinstripe Pontoroo) is still a huge part of the fun.

However, we wanted to take things a step further for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Instead of just earning the boss characters like in the original, players will now earn something every time they win a race. Players will be getting new kart parts, character skins, or kart customization items with every victory. Also, players will now earn the boss characters immediately after they beat that boss, instead of after Gem Cups (which now unlock a new set of valuable prizes). This includes the ability to earn Nitros Oxide himself—though that is no easy task!

Finally, players will now have the opportunity to change to any racer, kart, or customization item they have already unlocked at any point in the Adventure Mode. Are you feeling like Crash gives you the best chance in Crash Cove, but Pura will dominate the competition in Tiger Temple? Swap him in! Do you dig that sweet new paint job you got after beating Ripper Roo? Immediately style your kart out with it. Did you earn enough Wumpa Coins to grab N. Trance from the game’s Pit Stop? Get ready to bring that egg-shaped villain into the fray. It’s all about earning new items, new characters, new karts, and making the experience feel like your own.

However, we know that there will be players out there who want to commit to one racer and one kart from the outset, just like in the original. For that reason, players will have the option of playing the Adventure Mode in one of two different ways: Classic or Nitro-Fueled. In the Classic setting, racers will still be earning all of the awesome items, characters, and karts as in the Nitro-Fueled setting, but won’t be able to change their racer or kart in the middle of the Adventure Mode. For those players looking to mix things up along the way, the Nitro-Fueled setting is for you.

An Engaging Single-Player Experience

We’re super excited about everything you can now earn in the Adventure Mode, but it’s important to emphasize that the story and a great single-player experience are still at the heart of it. There are new intro and victory cinematics that give life to each of the boss battles. We’ve spent a lot of effort to make sure that the hub worlds are more detailed than ever before. Working through each hub world and finally beating Oxide will bring an amazing sense of accomplishment. In short, in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the Adventure Mode will take you for a ride, will test your skills, and will immerse you in the true Crash Team Racing experience!

And a non-official trailer that explains it:

The trophy list has popped up.

Platinum - Woah! - Earn all the other trophies.

Bronze - Off to a Good Start - Win your first race in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Crazier than the Ripper - Win against Ripper Roo in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Me Fast, You Slow - Win against Papu Papu in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Komodone - Win against Komodo Joe in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Why don't you get a job? - Win against PinStripe in the Adventure Mode.

Silver - Interstellar Challenge - Win against Nitros Oxide in the Adventure Mode.

Gold - Galaxy's Fastest - Defeat Nitros Oxide in the Adventure Mode once and for all.

Bronze - Arena Explorer - Complete a Crystal Challenge in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Spare Change - Win a CTR challenge in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Sprinter - Win a Relic Race in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Booyah, Grandma! - Win a Cup Race in the Adventure Mode.

Silver - Relic Collector - Earn all the Relics in the Adventure Mode.

Silver - Gem Collector - Earn all the Gems in the Adventure Mode.

Silver - Token Collector - Earn all the CTR Tokens in the Adventure Mode.

Bronze - Photo Finish - Win a race with less than 0.3 seconds between you and the second place.

Bronze - BOOM! - Hit two opponents with a single Bowling Bomb.

Bronze - Super Boost! - Do a Super Boost.

Bronze - Expert Dodger - Win a boss challenge without getting hit by any of the boss' Power-Ups.

Bronze - Drifter - Drift 15 Times in a row during a race.

Silver - Master Drifter - Successfully use all three Turbo Boost charges 5 times in a row during a race.

Bronze - Burning Rubber! - Drift Boost a total of 500 times.

Silver - Yeeee HAW! - Complete the Adventure Mode on the Hard difficulty.

Bronze - Hyper Speed - Finish first when you were last on the final lap.

Bronze - Rear-viewed - Block an incoming missile with all of the following Power-Ups: Beaker, Crate, Bowling Bomb.

Silver - The New Time-Master - Beat all of Nefarious Tropy's times in Time Trial Mode.

Gold - Gasmoxian Slug - Beat all of Nitros Oxide's times in Time Trial Mode.

Bronze - Natural - Win a race without using any Power-Ups.

Silver - Nitrostalgia - Finish first on all tracks. (CTR & CNK)

Bronze - Can't Hide From Me - Successfully land all three missiles from a Triple Missile Power-Up.

Bronze - Weapon Technician - Use every Power-Up once. (Race & Battle Arena)

Bronze - Dungeon Vaulter - Use the shortcut in Cortex Castle.

Bronze - Arctic Hurdler - Use the shortcut in Polar Pass.

Bronze - Winter Time Off-Roading - Use all of Blizzard Bluff's shortcuts in the same race.

Bronze - Pyramid Parkour - Use all of Papu's Pyramid's shortcuts in the same race.

Bronze - Puddle Hopper - Use the shortcut in Crash Cove.

Bronze - Half-Pipe Karting - Use the shortcut in Sewer Speedway.

Bronze - Let me in! - Use the shortcut in Tiger Temple.

Bronze - Minekarting - Use the shortcut in Dragon Mines without being crushed.

Bronze - I know the way! - Earn all the shortcut trophies.

Bronze - Juiced Up! - Use all Juiced Up Power-Ups once. (Race & Battle Arena)

Silver - Unstoppable - Sustain your boost for a whole lap.

Bronze - The Dominator! - Win a match in every type of Battle Mode.

Bronze - Get off me! - Free yourself from a TNT crate.

Bronze - Alchemist - Directly hit an opponent with a thrown Beaker Power-Up.

Bronze - That's How I Roll - Customize your ride.

Silver - Is everyone here? - Unlock all characters from the original roster.

Bronze - Oh, Shiny! - Complete all Crystal Challenges. (CTR & CNK)

Happy to see there are zero online trophies.

• Like 1

The game is beautiful :heart: And plays perfectly. 

Best racing game out there by a country mile :peace: 

I got the Switch version in the post today, my brother and I played a bit of split-screen multiplayer and it was a lot of fun. :D

All of the action held up pretty well, just that the load times are a little longer on the Switch.

I'll have to give it a try in single player to get to grips with it properly though I reckon, also the A.I on Medium in multiplayer seems a little... excessive?

Either that or I'm really bad at the game... or a combination of the two. :p

I like the game anyway, first time playing it... ever. :peace:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I got the Switch version in the post today, my brother and I played a bit of split-screen multiplayer and it was a lot of fun. :D

All of the action held up pretty well, just that the load times are a little longer on the Switch.

I'll have to give it a try in single player to get to grips with it properly though I reckon, also the A.I on Medium in multiplayer seems a little... excessive?

Either that or I'm really bad at the game... or a combination of the two. :p

I like the game anyway, first time playing it... ever. :peace:

I'm playing on Switch too :smile:

I played the PS1 version only a few years ago and it enjoyed it so hopefully I'll have fun again.. though the load times are shocking :eek:

I've only done, and slightly struggled with, the first two races so far. The drifting will take some getting used to after Mario Kart but am I the only one who is finding the button layout to be a little disastrous..?

I'd have liked accelerate to be on A, like Mario Kart, but that's not the main problem. The shoulder button assignments are terrible! I'd prefer drifting on ZR and ZL but it's on L and R. That wouldn't be so bad if the other shoulder buttons had been given another important use but they're both just camera views :blank:

• Like 1

I was all set to pick this up but i've read that the AI rubber banding is supposed to be pretty ridiculous in this, especially on higher difficulties. It's something I detest in racers and I wish developers would stop using it in their racing games. It's far too cheap. Shame as I was looking forward to the game until I started reading the reviews and impressions. :( 

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was all set to pick this up but i've read that the AI rubber banding is supposed to be pretty ridiculous in this, especially on higher difficulties.

Interesting. I haven't had the experience. I'm currently playing the adventure mode on normal difficulty and yes, it's kind of difficult, but I haven't noticed any rubber banding. I've managed to win two races without every seeing an opponent except at the start ::shrug: 

Just now, drahkon said:

Interesting. I haven't had the experience. I'm currently playing the adventure mode on normal difficulty and yes, it's kind of difficult, but I haven't noticed any rubber banding. I've managed to win two races without every seeing an opponent except at the start ::shrug: 

There were few videos on Era about it, yesterday. Just this morning there was a person who gave of an example of hitting an opponent with an item, using a speed boost power up and the AI still being practically on top of him. I hate stuff like that in these types of games.