NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Colin Farrell Team Racing Nitro-Fueled 21st June 2019

For the record, I have decided not to buy this game out of not wanting to give money to Activision for their awful practises in spite of the fact that this game doesn't enforce any of them (yet...). I do however have CTR on PS3 and the release of the new game and seeing other people play it is making me want to go back and try and do more of the time trials.

Lol the AI really is crap in this game. 

I've spent the last hour on just two races simply trying to just place first. The AI is just always placed way ahead of the pack. Doesn't matter if you use a missile on it, or if it gets hit with something else, it always ends up straight back past you. Whereas if I get hit by a missile, I can kiss the whole race goodbye as I'd never catch up. 

Really frustrating and pretty unfair considering the tracks are quite challenging in their own right. Which I do like. But add that in on top and it becomes very annoying. 

You basically have to have a perfect race and luck to boot in order to win. 

Yup. Definitely starting to get really boring having to play the same race ten times (literally) just to hope you get lucky on one of the tries to win.

And then another ten times to try and collect the CTR coins and win. 

As much as I like the adventure element, the AI is totally all over the place. It isn't even a case of getting good at the game. All down to luck. 

Still can't say I share the same experience...my mate is the same. He actually had to start again on hard difficulty because medium was too easy for him ::shrug: 

Interesting, because the general consensus is that the AI is unfair.

Still can't say I share the same experience...my mate is the same. He actually had to start again on hard difficulty because medium was too easy for him ::shrug: 
You're definitely a skilled gamer though (saying this based on the kinds of games I know you've completed/100%'d). For the average gamer it's probably a different story.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Yeah, like you say 'general consensus'. 

Great it's easy to you, but bear in mind I never played the original so it's taken me a long time to get the drifting down plus I don't know all of the levels shortcuts, which do actually make a difference when you utilise them. 

I'm on the last adventure area now, and have 100%'d everything that's gone before so I 'can' do it, it's just the consistent replaying which can get really tiresome. 

The Relic challenges though - delicious. Could play them all day I love them. 

9 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Great it's easy to you, but bear in mind I never played the original so it's taken me a long time to get the drifting down plus I don't know all of the levels shortcuts, which do actually make a difference when you utilise them. 

Oh, it's not easy for me. :D I'm by no means good at this game and have to restart once or twice per race. I still can't get the power boost down consistently and also don't know the level shortcuts. It's just that I don't really experience the issue of unfair AI/rubber banding. And I have no idea why...

I get my ass kicked online - for every first or second place I get 15 seventh or eighth places. :laughing: 

10 hours ago, Sheikah said:

You're definitely a skilled gamer though (saying this based on the kinds of games I know you've completed/100%'d). For the average gamer it's probably a different story.

Thanks :D But in this game I'm actually the average gamer. :p 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Oh, it's not easy for me. :D I'm by no means good at this game and have to restart once or twice per race. I still can't get the power boost down consistently and also don't know the level shortcuts. It's just that I don't really experience the issue of unfair AI/rubber banding. And I have no idea why...

I get my ass kicked online - for every first or second place I get 15 seventh or eighth places. :laughing: 

Thanks :D But in this game I'm actually the average gamer. :p 

Ooohhh my bad! I thought you were like a pro at it. 

I'm not even going online. F**k. That. 

Credits just rolled on Adventure mode. 

Although there is still more to do as the last world doesn't let you get all the CTR tokens or the time relics once you beat Pin Stripe. 

In the 'final' boss battle, I was racing Nitrous Oxide, and was, unsurprisingly, struggling. But then something weird happened and he went from being in front of me to nowhere to be seen?! 

He was way behind me, and stayed that way the whole rest of the race as I breezed into first! 

That's a glitch I can get behind! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Credits just rolled on Adventure mode. 

Although there is still more to do as the last world doesn't let you get all the CTR tokens or the time relics once you beat Pin Stripe. 

In the 'final' boss battle, I was racing Nitrous Oxide, and was, unsurprisingly, struggling. But then something weird happened and he went from being in front of me to nowhere to be seen?! 

He was way behind me, and stayed that way the whole rest of the race as I breezed into first! 

That's a glitch I can get behind! :D

Sounds to me like a glitch you can get in front of.. :blank:

• Haha 3

Fortunately, I beat Nitrous Oxide first time :hehe:

Like @Aneres11,the credits have rolled but I still have a few CTR tokens and Relics to go back for along with the gems for winning the cups.

Perhaps Nitrous will be waiting for me again after that.. and that scares me :blank:

• Like 1

With all this content available, there will also now be a way for players to fast-track their Wumpa Coin collection if they like. Starting in early August, players will have the option to purchase Wumpa Coin bundles from their game console stores to supplement the Coins they earn by playing.

Source (Activision)

And with that: I just put my copy on ebay.

I really need a lot of restraint to not buy the next Call of Duty...it looks awesome and I really want to play this with my mate but Activision sucks.

Edited by drahkon
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Source (Activision)

And with that: I just put my copy on ebay.

I really need a lot of restraint to not buy the next Call of Duty...it looks awesome and I really want to play this with my mate but Activision sucks.

I'm honestly not surprised. They pulled the same move with CoD. It's a worrying trend where a publisher releases the game, garners praise from reviewers, gets people to buy the game and then inserts microtransactions via a patch. It's a way to get around any negativity in a review in regards to microtransactions. It worked for CoD and it worked for this.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm honestly not surprised. They pulled the same move with CoD. It's a worrying trend where a publisher releases the game, garners praise from reviewers, gets people to buy the game and then inserts microtransactions via a patch. It's a way to get around any negativity in a review in regards to microtransactions. It worked for CoD and it worked for this.

Yeah. Some part of me, however, was hoping that it wouldn't be the case with CTR...I mean, with CoD, you know what you're getting into, and I personally didn't mind. But it's such a shitty practice.

Edited by drahkon