NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon Trading

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, I feel sorry for the people making a Living Dex. If you're one of those people with a Meltan, hold on to it and don't evolve it. It'll make future Dex filling a million times easier.

I have around 20 Meltan and then stopped catching them because of how much I dislike playing Pokemon Go...

15 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I have around 20 Meltan and then stopped catching them because of how much I dislike playing Pokemon Go...

You've got more tolerance than I do, I'll tell you that much.

• Haha 1

So this arrived via Wonder Box today:

ELI2v20.jpg

A time traveling dodgy Ditto! :heh:

Do I dare transfer it to Shield? If I were to use it for breeding, would the offspring also be considered dodgy?

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

So this arrived via Wonder Box today:

ELI2v20.jpg

A time traveling dodgy Ditto! :heh:

Do I dare transfer it to Shield? If I were to use it for breeding, would the offspring also be considered dodgy?

No, Shiny Pokémon don't increase the chances of breeding a shiny Pokémon.

However, it is Japanese, which does increase the chances.

Breed that with an English Pokémon and you'll get the 1 in 512 chance. (With Shiny Charm)

Edited by Glen-i

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No, Shiny Pokémon don't increase the chances of breeding a shiny Pokémon.

However, it is Japanese, which does increase the chances.

Breed that with an English Pokémon and you'll get the 1 in 512 chance. (With Shiny Charm)

Yeah, I knew that. What I meant by dodgy this time, is if it's hacked.

26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, I knew that. What I meant by dodgy this time, is if it's hacked.

General rule of thumb. If it's shiny and someone traded it away randomly, it's proper hacked.

No-one gives away a shiny for free.

EDIT: Oh right, didn't actually answer your original question. If you used that to breed Pokémon, would that be considered cheating?

That's a real gray area. Provided you don't use that Ditto in a battle, it'd be fine. Depends on how you view it. If you already have a Ditto with 6 perfect IV's, then all swapping to that Ditto would accomplish is making it more likely to get a shiny.

And seeing as that is a purely cosmetic thing, I don't see anything bad about it. Depends on where your moral compass lies.

Edited by Glen-i