NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon Trading

30 minutes ago, Ike said:

No worries.

You can catch the eeveelutions at the Lake of Outrage, but I can trade you one a bit later, probably after 7.

Thanks Ike. 
Just tried changing the time to June and wandering around Lake of Outrage but Sylveon didn’t show up. 

Read of others having similar issue. Tried catching an Eevee on route 4 but only 1% chance of showing on Sword and had no joy after 30 mins. 

I’ll be around about 7:30 but no problem if you’re not free it’s not mega urgent. :) 

5 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Thanks Ike. 
Just tried changing the time to June and wandering around Lake of Outrage but Sylveon didn’t show up. 

Read of others having similar issue. Tried catching an Eevee on route 4 but only 1% chance of showing on Sword and had no joy after 30 mins. 

I’ll be around about 7:30 but no problem if you’re not free it’s not mega urgent. :) 

They show up in front of the stone bridge thing as you hit land from coming from the water, they're those "static" encounters.

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

They show up in front of the stone bridge thing as you hit land from coming from the water, they're those "static" encounters.

Yeah I got Jolteon the same way last night but Sylveon just wasn’t showing.  I’ll try again when I get in and see if it works. 

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I can trade you a Slyveon or Eevee now, or you can breed your Jolteon. They don't have their hidden ability or anything though.

28 minutes ago, Ike said:

I can trade you a Slyveon or Eevee now, or you can breed your Jolteon. They don't have their hidden ability or anything though.

Sorry just seen. I’m free from now if you are? 

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Turns out I do have an Eevee with its hidden ability so going to try breed some.

12 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Code is 5100.

What the hell do I do? 

It's never simple is it! 

Link Trade just keeps connecting me to a random? 

Just now, Aneres11 said:

What the hell do I do? 

It's never simple is it! 

Link Trade just keeps connecting me to a random? 

I'll set a new code. 9537.

2 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I've put the code in but it's been searching ages now? 

Your using internet communication, right?

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Your using internet communication, right?

That was difficult! 

Thanks Ike - very much appreciated! :)

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

That was difficult! 

Thanks Ike - very much appreciated! :)

Yeah the code thing sucks.

I got a Pixilate Sylveon now so worked out for me too. Didn't release some of the Eevee's i got from Surprise Trades had its HA. 

Speaking of hidden abilities, I've been trying to get a Water Absorb Seismitoad for a month now. Stupid Delibirds hogging all the raids.

Don't suppose anyone here has one? I won't be available until this Thursday, mind.

Edited by Glen-i

On 06/01/2020 at 7:26 AM, Glen-i said:

Speaking of hidden abilities, I've been trying to get a Water Absorb Seismitoad for a month now. Stupid Delibirds hogging all the raids.

Don't suppose anyone here has one? I won't be available until this Thursday, mind.

I checked for you, but the only Seismitoad I currently have has Poison Touch I’m afraid. Have to say though, that actually sounds like a better ability to me. ::shrug: Although it’s most likely that I’m just not understanding the potential of Water Absorb. :hehe:

Anyway, random trade request for me, but does anyone have 6 of Bob's Food Tin that they’d be willing to trade via 6 disposable Pokémon? :heh: It’s the Sword exclusive food item for cooking curry.

I can send over 6 of the Shield exclusive ingredient, Bach's Food Tin in return. :) 

18 hours ago, RedShell said:

I checked for you, but the only Seismitoad I currently have has Poison Touch I’m afraid. Have to say though, that actually sounds like a better ability to me. ::shrug: Although it’s most likely that I’m just not understanding the potential of Water Absorb. :hehe:

There's definitely benefits to both, but Water Absorb and Seismitoad's Water/Ground typing completely shuts down rain dance shenanigans. Also works well in doubles, letting me use Inteleon's Surf to attack the opposite team and heal Seismitoad at the same time. Which means it benefits from rain dance as well as defends against it.

One of the most dangerous Pokémon in this generation basically spams one water move over and over, because that's basically all it's good for. Water Absorb Seismitoad's mere existence will make anyone using it think twice.

I also think Seismitoad is cool. All the froggy Pokémon are.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

There's definitely benefits to both, but Water Absorb and Seismitoad's Water/Ground typing completely shuts down rain dance shenanigans. Also works well in doubles, letting me use Inteleon's Surf to attack the opposite team and heal Seismitoad at the same time. Which means it benefits from rain dance as well as defends against it.

One of the most dangerous Pokémon in this generation basically spams one water move over and over, because that's basically all it's good for. Water Absorb Seismitoad's mere existence will make anyone using it think twice.

I also think Seismitoad is cool. All the froggy Pokémon are.

So just on this Glen-i, Water Absorb is Seismitoad’s hidden ability, but how come you haven’t managed to get one with it? 

This is where I get confused... when does a hidden ability activate and become useable or is it that they don’t? 

Sorry for the stupid question, I’m trying to learn about all of this having paid not much attention to it in the past and some of it blows my mind. :D

22 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

So just on this Glen-i, Water Absorb is Seismitoad’s hidden ability, but how come you haven’t managed to get one with it? 

This is where I get confused... when does a hidden ability activate and become useable or is it that they don’t? 

Sorry for the stupid question, I’m trying to learn about all of this having paid not much attention to it in the past and some of it blows my mind. :D

Hidden abilities are generally hard to get. In Sword/Shield, you can only get Pokémon with hidden abilities through a max raid battle. And it's not guaranteed. You just have to get lucky. A hidden ability just replaces the usual ability. So instead of Poison Touch, Seismitoad would get Water Absorb.

This past month has been particularly hard to get them because G-Max Snorlax, Delibird and recently, Magikarp has been more likely to appear. Great if you want them, but it makes it less likely to get anything else.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

I've heard that egg moves can be passed onto existing pokemon in This gen but a bit confused as to how I can get it to work. 

I've got an Umbreon I would love to teach Wish, is it possible to do without rebreeding one? 

7 hours ago, Eightbit said:

I've heard that egg moves can be passed onto existing pokemon in This gen but a bit confused as to how I can get it to work. 

I've got an Umbreon I would love to teach Wish, is it possible to do without rebreeding one? 

You need to leave the Pokémon to you want to learn the egg move at the nursery with an empty move slot and leave another of the same species with the egg move you want to learn. So you might need an Umbreon that knows Wish, not sure if Eevee would work. After a while it just pass the egg move on.

• Thanks 1

Would anyone be so kind to help me evolve my Swirlix? I need to trade it whilst holding Whipped Dream and then trade it back. 

I have the Whipped Dream just need someone to help trade if poss? 

Thanks in advance! 

14 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Would anyone be so kind to help me evolve my Swirlix? I need to trade it whilst holding Whipped Dream and then trade it back. 

I have the Whipped Dream just need someone to help trade if poss? 

Thanks in advance! 

I'm on now if you can do it now.

Just now, Ike said:

I'm on now if you can do it now.

Ah great stuff - yeah can do. Thank you Ike! 

Do you want to do the code goodness?