NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon Trading

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

I can now. I bought a month premium if you want to try that, though I'm not bothered either way.

I'm curious in how well it works so we'll do it through Home.

Maybe it'll go entertainingly wrong. Can't be as horrendous as the N-E Sun/moon trading fiasco.

Just gotta transfer the Bulbasaur to Home.

EDIT: OK, good to go, @Ike If I'm understanding rightly, you have to open a room and give me the ID. And then I can join, even with a Free plan.

Edited by Glen-i

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Maybe it'll go entertainingly wrong. Can't be as horrendous as the N-E Sun/moon trading fiasco.

Just gotta transfer the Bulbasaur to Home.

EDIT: OK, good to go, @Ike If I'm understanding rightly, you have to open a room and give me the ID. And then I can join, even with a Free plan.

4160 3319 9121

OK, I'm in, but I don't see a way to choose what Pokemon I want to offer. There's a timer though?

EDIT: OK, timer ran out and now the room is closed. I couldn't see a way to offer my Bulbasaur.

Edited by Glen-i

There wasn't any options that I could see to select a Pokemon. Thought it would start once the timer ended.

Is friend trade really local only?

1 minute ago, Ike said:

There wasn't any options that I could see to select a Pokemon. Thought it would start once the timer ended.

Is friend trade really local only?

Yes, @Serebii confirmed as much.

Try again, see if there's a way to close the room once I join, see if that starts something.

Edited by Glen-i

Nothing still?

This screenshot suggests that there should be a "Select Pokémon" button, but I didn't see it.

roomtrade.jpg

Nothing. I wonder if there's a minimum amount of people that need to join. Can't find anything about it though.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Nothing. I wonder if there's a minimum amount of people that need to join. Can't find anything about it though.

Maybe, so it's one of those put your keys into the bowl parties, but with Pokémon? Weird...

Shall we just use Sword/Shield?

Just now, Glen-i said:

Maybe, so it's one of those put your keys into the bowl parties, but with Pokémon? Weird...

Shall we just use Sword/Shield?

Yeah.

• Like 1

Just now, Ike said:

Yeah.

OK, give me a few minutes to get the Bulba back and I'll use the code 3854.

Thanks @Ike, great nature too. Much appreciated.

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, me from half an hour ago, you dope. Never underestimate how difficult trading can be these days.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Strange that that worked so much easier.

Yeah, seems that unless you really want the storage facility or the ability to transfer Pokémon from the 3DS, there isn't much point in a Home sub.

So basically, it's about as useful as Bank, but three times more expensive.

Edited by Glen-i

Pssst... I have a new career of smuggling meltan across the Galar's border... If you need the goods I can provide the goods... Heh heh heh

Edited by Ugh first aid
  • Haha 4

I have HA Rowlet, Litten and Popplio as well as Rain Dish Squirtle if anyone wants one. I can breed some later.

8 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

Pssst... I have a new career of smuggling meltan across the Galar's border... If you need the goods I can provide the goods... Heh heh heh

Do you erm... have any of that Meltan for trade?

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have HA Rowlet, Litten and Popplio as well as Rain Dish Squirtle if anyone wants one. I can breed some later.

Do you erm... have any of that Meltan for trade?

She does, but she's asleep at the moment, I'll let her know you're interested once she wakes up.

As for me, I will happily take one of each of the HA Alolan Starters please. I'd rather have Torrent on Squirtle, so no need to get one of those for me.

Edited by Glen-i

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

She does, but she's asleep at the moment, I'll let her know you're interested once she wakes up.

As for me, I will happily take one of each of the HA Alolan Starters please. I'd rather have Torrent on Squirtle, so no need to get one of those for me.

I'll eat first then breed some.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a million @Ike! I was always bummed that I missed out on the Intimidate Incineroar last gen. All fixed now.

Oh @Ike, @Ugh first aid has just asked me to give you a Meltan on her behalf.

She wants one each of the HA Alolan Starters in return.

I'm popping out to the shop quickly, so wait for around 15 minutes and then I'll be ready.

Have I already mentioned how much I hate Meltan’s evolution method?

Really hope GF launch the GMAX Melmetal event asap...

3 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Have I already mentioned how much I hate Meltan’s evolution method?

Really hope GF launch the GMAX Melmetal event asap...

Yep, I feel sorry for the people making a Living Dex. If you're one of those people with a Meltan, hold on to it and don't evolve it. It'll make future Dex filling a million times easier.