NEurope
Sméagol

Pokémon Trading

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah... We've already done that. Got all three starters. So no need to do that.

If you're going to do multiple playthroughs. I recommend going to the options, setting Text Speed to fast, turning Battle effects off and turning on the option to skip movies. Helps save some time.

If your brother isn't getting his Switch for a while, it might be better waiting until I can start breeding Pokémon. Trust me, it'll be quicker and you'll only have to restart twice.

Ah OK, thanks for the tips. :)

Yeah... it won't be until December though so that's why I was going to start my main file on Sword (for keeps) and then on the same Switch and ID start Shield, do the trade and restart as many times as required (trading all the starters to my main file on Sword) and then I'd wipe the data one last time so that Shield would be ready for him to start for real and then I'd trade him the extra starters. :D

But I haven't even started playing Sword myself yet so let me know when you get to the breeding part if you get to it soon because that would probably make more sense, I still intend to start for keeps on Sword and get the extra starters from Shield though... with the earlier Pokémon games generations ago my brother and I used to trade for extras of the starters locally but being that we don't see him that often now and that neither of us have been quite as into the games in recent generations the tradition has kind of fallen by the wayside, but I'd love to bring it back with Sword and Shield as I reckon he'll probably play Pokémon again this time and it's a chance for me to get back into the series as well a bit. :smile: 

Edited by S.C.G

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@RedShell, just saw you catch a Pumpkaboo. You ready to trade?

Yeah, I just jumped online. Confused as hell though, what’s all this code malarkey? :blank: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, I just jumped online. Confused as hell though, what’s all this code malarkey? :blank: 

OK, so choose Link Battle, then Set Link Code.

It acts like a password so random people can't trade with you.

Tell me the code you chose and then wait on the overworld and the trade will start once I enter it.

I'm in a max battle with @Ike so I'll join you once that's done.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

OK, so choose Link Battle, then Set Link Code.

It acts like a password so random people can't trade with you.

Tell me the code you chose and then wait on the overworld and the trade will start once I enter it.

I'm in a max battle with @Ike so I'll join you once that's done.

Ah, ok.

Code is 2402.

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Cool. Thanks @Glen-i:peace:

I clicked on yes to swap cards too, but it didn’t work for some reason. ::shrug:

Probably because you haven't unlocked the League Card option, you'll get that soon.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Probably because you haven't unlocked the League Card option, you'll get that soon.

Nope, I’ve definitely got that.

Once you set a code, does it apply to all of the different online interactions and remain active constantly, or do you need to set one for each online aspect each time? Seriously hope not. :blank: 

Just now, RedShell said:

Nope, I’ve definitely got that.

Once you set a code, does it apply to all of the different online interactions and remain active constantly, or do you need to set one for each online aspect each time? Seriously hope not. :blank: 

Each time, I'm afraid.

Start a Swap Card session with a Link Code and I'll swap with you.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Each time, I'm afraid.

Start a Swap Card session with a Link Code and I'll swap with you.

Wow... What were they thinking!? :o 

Anyway, that seems to have worked. Man this online setup is weird. :heh: 

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Wow... What were they thinking!? :o 

Anyway, that seems to have worked. Man this online setup is weird. :heh: 

It's a million times better than Sun and Moon's, that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's a million times better than Sun and Moon's, that's for sure.

I really cannot even begin to imagine how, but I’ll take your word for it as I never played either of those. :hehe: 

I suppose at the very least (if I had to find a positive to something about the online in this game) it’s good that friends have that little square face symbol next to their names, so it’s easy to differentiate from randoms. But I’m still amazed that they went with this bizarre code system for everything. :hmm: 

Any Pokémon in particular I should look out for trading purposes? I have Sword, but I don't know the exclusives from the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Any Pokémon in particular I should look out for trading purposes? I have Sword, but I don't know the exclusives from the top of my head.

No idea, I'm afraid. I generally don't look that info up until I feel I've seen enough by myself because spoilers.

I'll try to catch spares in general then. This is just speculation on my part, but I suspect the routes are mainly for catching current generation exclusives Pokémon, and the wild area mainly for catching previous generations Pokémon. I'll try to catch spares on the routes.

@S.C.G, @Ike, @GenericAperson, your starter eggs are ready.

I'll be online for most of the rest of the day. So when you head online, give me a shout.

EDIT: In about half an hour from this edit, I need to go get some snacks.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll be online for most of the rest of the day. So when you head online, give me a shout.

I'm free to trade now.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm free to trade now.

OK, I'll head back online now.

Sobble and Grookey, right?

I'll start a Link Trade, the code will be 2904.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, I'll head back online now.

Sobble and Grookey, right?

I'll start a Link Trade, the code will be 2904.

Thanks for that @Glen-i.

I don't know what I can give you yet Glen, might catch some spare Pokemon which I can trade for the Eggs, I'm currently on Route 5 training up my new Sirfetch'd. I don't have the Ditto I need to breed Sobbles yet.

Just now, GenericAperson said:

I don't know what I can give you yet Glen, might catch some spare Pokemon which I can trade for the Eggs, I'm currently on Route 5 training up my new Sirfetch'd. I don't have the Ditto I need to breed Sobbles yet.

Anything is fine, I don't mind.

I haven't seen a Ditto outside of that flukey raid battle @Ugh first aid found. So who knows how difficult it is to get?

OK, I'll set up the Link Code. 6729 if you want to trade.

EDIT: We don't seem to be picking each other up. Am I doing something wrong here?

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

OK, I'll set up the Link Code. 6729 if you want to trade.

EDIT: We don't seem to be picking each other up. Am I doing something wrong here?

Have you activated the online communications on Y-comm by pressing +?