NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Probably deserves a bump seeing as it's coming out this week.

After saying I won't get it, I think I probably will now. I have gone 100% digital on the Switch but have decided to go physical again for games like this, that can be played over a few days and then never touched again.

It came out in 2012, seeing as it's now 2019 that makes almost seven years and I don't remember much about the game other than that it's Mario and I enjoyed it,

It's probably the best of the "New" series, but I have absolutely no desire to buy it again. I finished it on the Wii U (but without finding all the secret exists) so unless it goes cheap, it's a hard pass from me. More interested in the kind of sales numbers it does though, whether it can push a few more console sales towards that golden 20 million.

Picking it up myself as i enjoyed it on the WiiU (was the first WiiU game i got as well).  Never played Luigi U, so at least i can give that a go this time around.

Man, that name and logo bugs me so much...

It's bloody Super Mario 64 DS all over again!

latest?cb=20160329223354&format=original

Disgusting!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Wait till we get another remake on the Switch successor it will be New Super Mario Bros U Delux AllStars 4k or some shit!

I wish every company would just stop with any Delux/HD/Remaster etc in their name, its just a multiplatform game! we don't get COD MW PS4 edition and Xbox One edition, treat it like that, its just the same name, in a box for that console.

Still might get this game if i see a decent price drop

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Still might get this game if i see a decent price drop

For a 2D Mario game? Might be waiting a long time for that.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

For a 2D Mario game? Might be waiting a long time for that.

No kidding! Hell, it's over 7 years old now and still full price!

Edited by Dcubed

New Super Mario Bros. U []Deluxe[]

content-2-35676-newsupermariobrosudxsidebox.jpg

N-Europe Review is up now. Done by some dodgy looking upstart.

Thanks to @S.C.G for getting it up and @RedShell for the top images.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

New Super Mario Bros. U []Deluxe[]

content-2-35676-newsupermariobrosudxsidebox.jpg

N-Europe Review is up now. Done by some dodgy looking upstart.

Thanks to @S.C.G for getting it up and @RedShell for the top images.

Cheeky self promotion I see! I like it! ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

And...it's out!!! Anyone know the cheapest price and place I can find a physical version?

HOLY SHIT, THERE'S A SECRET CHARACTER TO PLAY IN THIS VERSION. :o:o 

Spoiler

It's blue Toad. :blank: 

:p 

39 minutes ago, drahkon said:

HOLY SHIT, THERE'S A SECRET CHARACTER TO PLAY IN THIS VERSION. :o:o 

SPOILERY SPOILERINOS (Hide contents)

It's blue Toad. :blank: 

:p 

Spoiler

Yeah, I wasn't allowed to mention that in the review.

That said, I never figured out how to unlock him before I wrote that. I 100% NSMBU and saw the credits in NSLU and that didn't do it.

It's so strange. Why do that when only 3 characters have a normal difficulty?

EDIT: Just looked up how, now I'm annoyed. Wish I was told that somewhere.

DOUBLE EDIT: Two people still can't play as Toad though, even if you choose different colours. Now I'm even more confused.

Edited by Glen-i

I picked this up despite having it on the Wii U. I really enjoyed it on the Wii U and after SMB 3 and World it is my favourite 2D Mario game.

I don't want to put the Wii U on again. 

Switched this on and completed Acorn Plains. I am enjoying the game all over again. 

• Thanks 2

I got this digitally as I had eShop cards for Christmas and needed something to spend them on... but I’m feeling a bit bored with the game after only one world. 

I have always got fatigued with the NSMB series quite quickly but did feel a desire to play this before buying it, but now I’m all ‘meh’ about it. 

Ill keep going with it as it’s still decent to play, I might even try two player and see if that adds any fun to it! 

22 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I got this digitally as I had eShop cards for Christmas and needed something to spend them on... but I’m feeling a bit bored with the game after only one world. 

I have always got fatigued with the NSMB series quite quickly but did feel a desire to play this before buying it, but now I’m all ‘meh’ about it. 

Ill keep going with it as it’s still decent to play, I might even try two player and see if that adds any fun to it! 

Give Luigi U mode a go if you haven't played it before.

29 minutes ago, Ike said:

Give Luigi U mode a go if you haven't played it before.

I played that one too haha. I will go through them, I did prefer Luigi U and the main game is quite nice as a pick up and play. 

I think I just got burned out on the series as it felt like there was a lot of them in quick succession what with the DS / 3DS / Wii / U versions. 

Maybe I needed a longer break from it! 

Been playing NSMBUDX for the last couple of hours and I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy 2D Mario. Think I will go for all the big coins this time. It's no Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, but the co-op looks far superior and it is more suitable for beginners.

It's still number 1 on Amazon despite being out of stock there until Friday. I got mine from Shop To for £39 which included a free keyring, so got to be pleased with that :)

I ended up picking this up and playing through it because

1.  I wanted a something to play on my Switch.
  2.  I forgot to cancel the preorder and couldn’t be bothered to send it back. :p 

DxnXODbVsAEjW8G.jpg

Like a few other Switch releases, I played this back on the Wii U and loved it to bits but playing it again now I actually found it a little boring and flat. Usually I can steamroll games but I found myself doing a few levels and then turning the game off. It took me a while to get through it due to this reason. It’s strange because before odyssey arrived I went through a bunch of Mario games and loved playing through the Wii version and the 3DS version but this just felt so tiresome and uninspired.

I have fired up Luigi and I’m faring a little better with that. I much prefer the snappier levels and more challenging gameplay of Luigi. I finished the game but have yet to 100% it but now that RE2 and KH3 are out those will take priority.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this